Aurora and Arcadia Short sectors released

Just got this email. Might be of interest to some.

With the upcoming arrival of P&O World Cruises Arcadia and Aurora Downunder early next year, P&O have released a range of short Australian sectors ranging from 2 to 8 nights so you can get a taste of these very British ships as they wave the Union Jack on their yearly World Cruises.

These sectors sell out fast every year, so be quick....

Aurora short sectors-

• 2 nights Sydney to Brisbane. Departing 16 Feb 2014 from 339.00!
  • 5 nights Auckland to Sydney. Departing 11 Feb 2014 from 639.00

• Arcadia short sectors-

• 2 nights Melbourne to Adelaide. Departing 28 Feb 2014 from 339.00!
  • 2 nights Sydney to Melbourne. Departing 26 Feb 2014 from 339.00!
  • 4 nights Adelaide to Fremantle. Departing 2 Mar 2014 from 629.00!
  • 4 nights Sydney to Adelaide. Departing 26 Feb 2014 from 629.00!
  • 5 nights Auckland to Sydney. Departing 21 Feb 2014 from 749.00!
  • 8 nights Sydney to Fremantle. Departing 21 Feb 2014 from 1,169.00!

I looked at it. But its pricey. I could get the time off work. But I've travelled so much of late and they didn't seem to have solo fares.

sarah, bit off topic but did you see the special on the Sun Princess

11th nov 14 day cruising up to the Great Barrier reef and you finish up in Auckland, overnight there and fly home and all that for $1189, would have been good for mum

sarah, bit off topic but did you see the special on the Sun Princess

11th nov 14 day cruising up to the Great Barrier reef and you finish up in Auckland, overnight there and fly home and all that for $1189, would have been good for mum

Yeah. I saw that pricing. However, I'm already doing the Sydney to Melbourne cruise on 15 November.

There are some bargains out there.

I looked at it. But its pricey. I could get the time off work. But I've travelled so much of late and they didn't seem to have solo fares.

Okay. I rang the online TA and got a guarantee inside cabin price for $579. I just have to work out whether to pull the trigger. Its on the Arcadia.

• 1 month later...
Okay. I rang the online TA and got a guarantee inside cabin price for $579. I just have to work out whether to pull the trigger. Its on the Arcadia.

Updated: Okay I booked Sydney to Melbourne on Arcadia and got Guarantee Large Inside I think its a Cat G cabin for $424.

Hopefully, I might get some sprinkle dust. Do they do sprinkle fairy dust on PO UK?

Anyway, happy to be informed about what Arcadia like to cruise with. Similar to? What you love, what you hate ?

We are booked on the QM2 Adelaide to Sydney sector. Originally thinking of flying and spending some time in the Barossa and maybe Kangaroo Island before cruising home. But now this gives an alternative to think about instead of flying and still having some time in SA before QM2 arrives on 10.3.14.

We got a 2 for 1 deal in March last year, Arcadia - Sydney to Southampton - 49 days, OV cabin @ $5300.

Yes some great deals with P&O UK World Cruises and their sectors, certainly much more affordable than Princess's Aussie ships, Sun/Dawn/Sea .

Way to go.

Great thing about P&O UK, bring your own grog on, beer, wine, spirits, although on board prices are reasonable.

Edited by NSWP

Hopefully, I might get some sprinkle dust. Do they do sprinkle fairy dust on PO UK?

They sure do. It all depends on what longer sectors they have booked. The Ak/Syd run is the most likely for an upgrade as they get lots of bookings for the half world cruise to/from either Ak or Syd.

Yeap definitely cheaper than the princess 2 days fom Sydney to Melbourne cruises. I even got my flight to Sydney for 95.00 on qantas.

If they sprinkle dust on me I be delighted. However, its a chance to do a dirfferent ship and plus I get 1 credit for my princess loyalty. Bonus. The online ta a big one person booking the cruise didn't even know about that. He had to check with another person. But sure enough its showing in my future cruises personaliser on princess.

The other reasonable 2 day cruise deal is with po australia. They have some cabins inside for just over 300.00. But not so tempted.

Where will the arcadia dock at opt or white bay.

Yeap definitely cheaper than the princess 2 days fom Sydney to Melbourne cruises. I even got my flight to Sydney for 95.00 on qantas.

If they sprinkle dust on me I be delighted. However, its a chance to do a dirfferent ship and plus I get 1 credit for my princess loyalty. Bonus. The online ta a big one person booking the cruise didn't even know about that. He had to check with another person. But sure enough its showing in my future cruises personaliser on princess.

The other reasonable 2 day cruise deal is with po australia. They have some cabins inside for just over 300.00. But not so tempted.

Where will the arcadia dock at opt or white bay.

As far as I know , she always docks at OPT. We stayed overnight on her there in 2011.

Barry

Looks like most (if not all) of the short sectors have been snapped up as they are showing 'sold out' on a number of online TAs (being after hours I wanted to have a look). These short ones are not showing at all on P&O International Australia's site which is a bit of a pain.

This is probably a dumb question. But in your cruise personaliser for PO UK where do you put your credit card info? And will the charges onboard be in GBP?

Sarah, you don't put your Credit Card details into P&O UK Cruise Personaliser. You present your CC at check in with your boarding pass. The check in people put the details into their system then, they also take your photo at check in, well they did in Sydney last year, boarding Arcadia. Their cruise card system is the same as Princess, has your photo hidden in it and used for purchases, ID, cabin door etc.

In my opinion the P&O UK Cruise Personaliser site is pretty ordinary, the poms whinge about it all the time on their site on CC.

Edited by NSWP

This is probably a dumb question. But in your cruise personaliser for PO UK where do you put your credit card info? And will the charges onboard be in GBP?

Yes, charges are in GBP.

Agree about the personaliser site - it had some funny issue with my last booking where I had to enter the code TWICE each time to get in! The first time it would always come up with an error.

Yes, charges are in GBP.

Agree about the personaliser site - it had some funny issue with my last booking where I had to enter the code TWICE each time to get in! The first time it would always come up with an error.

Yes GBP, forgot that. Auto tips are £3.50 per day, which is half Princess and you can bring on what grog you like. But onboard prices are reasonable we were getting £10 bottles of drinkable wine in the MDR. They have stopped it now, but you could also buy unlimited bottles of duty free spirits from the ship's shop and take it away for consumption, not get it last night, i.e. £8 for a 1 litre bottle of scotch.

Yes, re cruise personaliser, I have to go in twice, does not accept first time, plus I have to do a compatibility view setting adjustment on my puter to get into it. Crazy.

Edited by NSWP

• 2 weeks later...