Email and snail mail address for Princess CEO?

ann1bell

My husband had a mild case of bronchitis and was put off the Caribbean Princess on Oct. 29. We had about 2 and a half hours to pack up and I was on a shore ex. The staff who packed up our things did a very careless job. They threw our things in our suitcases, threw jewelry haphazardly in. One of my earrings was lying in the suitcase and the matching one was in my husband's backpack. Our two I pads were taken out of their large zip loc bags and put in our respective suitcases. Two pair of pants and some of our I pad accessories are missing.

I was rushed off the ship with no opportunity to thorougly check our cabin. All they were really interested in was my credit card, which I had previously registered, to check out. My husband went to the ER in Grand Turk and got some antibiotics.

We always have travel insurance and are glad we did as our bills are now over 4 grand.

This was our first and probably last Princess cruise. We do not know the name of the CEO. Can anyone tell me that name and how to contact him by snail mail and email? Thanks from a not very sick but booted off Princess cruiser

Why did they remove you from the ship? Had your husband gone to ship's doctor?

Did they think he had something very contagious or more serious?

We have been on many cruises with sick people. We have caught nasty colds with coughs while on board. And we did visit the ship's Doctor.

I thought only people with life threatening problems were sent packing (heart attacks, strokes, bleeding etc).

Please let us know more. Sounds totally awful that the crew should even be allowed to touch your belongings. What a security issue that can be.

You can write tom the CEO via the address shown on the Princess site and you can also e-mail him but you will wait 10 weeks for a reply

I have found the best way to get a quick reply and quicker action is to put a question on his blog "50 things you should do etc."

I have lost the link to this but I am sure someone will give it to you

This is HIS blog and everyone reads it so you do get action - I have

Main Phone Number: 800-PRINCESS (800-774-6237)

Complaint Department Number: 800-PRINCESS (800-774-6237)

Complaint Department Email: customerrelations@princesscruises.com

Executive: Alan Buckelew, President & CEO

Corporate Address: 24844 Avenue Rockefeller, Santa Clarita, CA 91355

Corporate Phone Number: (661) 753-0000

Corporate Fax: (661) 359-3108

I don't know if any of this will help, but, good luck.

Thanks for the info. My husband went to the ship doctor with a cough and a fever of 100.3. We were only in port for half a day and I think they just wanted us out of their hair.

A man with a bladder infection was also forced off. I think we both will stay as far from the ship doctor as we can from now on.

Thanks.

This is really horrible. I can't imagine being put off the ship like that.

I will think twice before seeing a ship's doctor too. We bring all our cold remedies with us when we cruise. We have never boarded sick but certainly have picked up the bugs once on board.

Good luck. I hope you get a full refund and a big apology.

I have found a letter to Princess Customer Relations may be the way to go on this. Don't think Alan Buckalew ever gets to read the letters sent him but I could be wrong.

How frustrating! Sorry you had to go thru that. Thank goodness you had insurance. I still can't believe how many people travel without it.

I know you are just asking for info on sending a letter but you aren't telling us everything so I don't understand. Did they just leave you at the pier? Did you decide or did the ship send him to the ER and was he admitted to the hospital? I thought the ship had antibiotics - or didn't you see the ship's doctor? And what did they tell you was the reason they said you could not continue with the cruise?

I guess we all need to keep this in the back of our minds - what would we do if this happened to us? I try to be prepared as much as I can be and have wondered about this type of a situation.

If I have this right, your husband was on the ship while you were on a tour but when you got back on the ship but they told you that you could not go to your cabin? I guess I would have demanded to go up there. I certainly wouldn't want anyone packing up my stuff including going thru the safe and putting my valuables in a suitcase. And who rushed you off the ship? Did they do anything to help you with a way to get home?

Again, sorry your cruise ended that way.

Not that this is of any consolation, but, 5 years ago my Mom and Dad were on a Panama Canal Cruise out of LA on RCCL. After stops in Mexico and on the way to a Costa Rica port my dad developed a case of hiccups at dinner. He had been getting chemo for cancer for the past 4 years and the cancer was in a state of semi-remission and had been for the last year or so. Apparently sometimes patients develop hiccups and it takes some time to get them to stop. My dad went to the med center and he was getting dehydrated because he couldn't get any fluids down. In the Costa Rica port my parents were disembarked and sent to a hospital in San Jose that was about 35 miles away. In that hospital after a couple of saline IVs my dad was just fine. It was a good thing that they had trip insurance and it covered all of the costs plus a refund for the remainder of the cruise. The point is that it only took a couple of saline IVs to recover, but, the cruise line did not want the liability to treat the condition. If any cruise line determines that there maybe more serious complications they will disembark you at the first opportunity. Its not just a Princess issue.

My husband had a mild case of bronchitis and was put off the Caribbean Princess on Oct. 29. We had about 2 and a half hours to pack up and I was on a shore ex. The staff who packed up our things did a very careless job. They threw our things in our suitcases, threw jewelry haphazardly in. One of my earrings was lying in the suitcase and the matching one was in my husband's backpack. Our two I pads were taken out of their large zip loc bags and put in our respective suitcases. Two pair of pants and some of our I pad accessories are missing.

I was rushed off the ship with no opportunity to thorougly check our cabin. All they were really interested in was my credit card, which I had previously registered, to check out. My husband went to the ER in Grand Turk and got some antibiotics.

We always have travel insurance and are glad we did as our bills are now over 4 grand.

This was our first and probably last Princess cruise. We do not know the name of the CEO. Can anyone tell me that name and how to contact him by snail mail and email? Thanks from a not very sick but booted off Princess cruiser

That's so unfortunate. On the recent Royal TA, I was diagnosed with severe Bronchitis, then 2 days later pneumonia. We still had 2 ports left before we began crossing the Atlantic, so they certainly could have forced me off if they were so inclined.

Luckily the medical team were fabulous. They started me on strong antibiotics immediately, then 2 days later administered a nebulizer, along with prescribing a steroid for the swelling in my bronchial tubes. I have to say I felt well taken care of, and glad I went down there when I did.

My husband was put in an ambulance and taken to the ER in Grand Turk. He was seen by the staff there, given antibiotics and released. He was under the care of the staff for about 4 hours. The port agent got us to a hotel and to the airport the next day and our local TA booked our air home. We were home the next day.

We were not happy to have to leave the ship but were also very unhappy with the way the staff carelessly packed our things.

If you don't mind me saying so, two separate issues here:

1> The medical staff has a protocol they are supposed to follow to decide when passengers need to leave the ship. Assuming that was what was followed in this case (and they should explain it to you), that is what it is. If the procedure wasn't followed, thats a MUCH bigger issue from a legal standpoint to the line, and the CEOs office is an appropriate channel for matters of that magnitude.

2> The second issue was once the decision was made, how it was handled. From the sound of things that was handled very badly. With that said, I am not sure the CEO is the right channel. Start with the general customer concern line and ask that you be connected to the manager of hotel operations for the ship (will be via email) and if that doesn't work, hotel operations for the fleet. Those are folks who can actually find out what happened and quickly effect change.

I trust everyone understands that it is extremely unlikely the CEO will ever see this communication unless you get lucky and he decides to randomly personally answer a few.

Wow, It seems like the CB medical office is very poorly run (I'll say the ship too, as I'm sure other officers have to sign off on this). Given the TA passengers experience with the same condition, and the fact that they threw someone off with a bladder infection as well, it looks like if you go to the infirmary on the CB they just throw you off the ship...

The CEO will be on the CB next week, hopefully a passenger on the Vet cruise will see this and say something.

I could understand if they confined him to his cabin while it was infectious; but the way they handled the debarkation and wouldn't let you return to your cabin was unprofessional and not at all acceptable.

I've never been to the ship's doctor, and definitely won't be going there on my CB cruise at the end of the month.

Hope you get an acceptable resolution to this...

Thanks all for your help. I was allowed in the cabin but not long enough to check it. They rushed me off to the front desk for me to give them my credit card. They just said they packed everything which was not true.

After I gather up all my claims for travel insurance I will go up the customer service food chain with our concerns. I was frustrated with the med center but also with the disembarkation nightmare!

Wow, It seems like the CB medical office is very poorly run

So, you're basing this on one sentence written by a disgruntled passenger?

I'm pretty sure no one here knows the gents actual medical

condition, nor the ability of the ships medical center to provide

sufficient care for him.

The poster said he was transported from the ship in an ambulance. Sounds

reasonable serious. It's not like he headed out to the beach for the afternoon.

If they blythely allow him to remain onboard, and he dies, is that better or worse?

My mother has gotten very sick on Princess cruises. She tends to get pneumonia and plureses and bronchitis all at once if someone just coughs on her. One cruise she got sick the night we boarded out of San Juan. Spent the next 3 days in the ship hospital. Her treatment was exceptional. She did say the stay cost more then the cruise though :D. The ship is quite capable of doing IVs, antibiotics and x-rays. She's had them all.

This is so weird! So sorry for your experience. It sounds like the ship's medical is very inconsistent.

We were on the Sapphire for 3 weeks last summer. My mom got bronchitis at the beginning of the 2nd cruise. The doctor was fabulous. He had her come back daily to make sure she didn't get worse or need a nebulizer (sp?) treatment. We considered leaving and he gave us the option. She was not restricted anywhere and he encouraged us to continue our cruise but understood if we left. Due to it being Memorial weekend and that it looked impossible to get home from Anchorage, we stayed.

A few years ago, I met a couple on a Princess cruise. On a previous HAL cruise, he had some nasal congestion and the nurse gave him something that didn't agree with him. The doctor quickly made them leave the ship in Italy after the ship had sailed. They used a ship tender and was not close to anything in Italy. It sounded like a nightmare. They had to scale a wall of some sort to reach the street in order to get car transportation and had no assistance in getting to a hotel, etc...

It can happen on any line, unfortunately. Best wishes on your communication with Princess.

Archived