New Booze Packege come soon...

mpoole3

On Oasis of the seas now and I've heard from two different bartenders thay a new booze package is coming in 2 weeks.

Price is going to be $60.00 and include bottle water + Red Bull.

Not sure of how much truth there is to this, but I'd thought I share it with everyone. I'm going to ask around for more details.

Michael

If they change (i.e., increase) the cost of the premium package to add in water and red bull, I will be severely irked. 5 bucks ain't that bad....it's the principle...I think it's happening because there have been mixed results regarding the Red Bull with some bartenders including it and others not. It's occurred to them that maybe the RB will let them get away with the price increase.

Edited by KarinaGW

Thanks for the scoop!

Could you please try to figure out if these changes would also apply to Allure? I am sailing Allure on the 17 I'm definitely curious about any changes to the beverage packages.

I would like to know if it will be optional or the price will be increasing. I've been going back and forth on the package for January. I would maybe get a bottle or two of water, but not $60 worth. I don't drink Red Bull. I certainly hope it's an optional add on. I'm just not sure how they would do that.

I fear maybe there will be different levels and some of the stuff currently included will not in the future for the more premium level? (even though the premium is a step up from the beer only).

Geez...whether to buy now before they change the price or not?

And a selection of wines instead of just the house brand....

Too many of you seem to be ignoring Jean's post.

(If true) it's more of a change than just Red Bull and bottled water.

Better wine! (SO many people have listed that as a negative, since the Premium Package came out)

Too many of you seem to be ignoring Jean's post.

(If true) it's more of a change than just Red Bull and bottled water.

Better wine! (SO many people have listed that as a negative, since the Premium Package came out)

I read Jean's message as just a thought about what would make this package acceptable. If, indeed, she is confirming this package and that it includes upgraded wines, then absolutely ignore my previous post. That is indeed a good thing to happen.

Edited by KarinaGW

I read Jean's message as just a thought about what would make this package acceptable. If, indeed, she is confirming this package and that it includes upgraded wines, then absolutely ignore my previous post. That is indeed a good thing to happen.

Oh.

Hmmm.

Your reading is probably right.

Emily Litella: Never mind.

I would love to see them add the soda package along with it. I would definately get it then.

Fountain soda is included in the package already, however the freestyle machines (and associated special cups) are not.

I also hope that they do not just add on water and red bull as I have not interest in either and don't want to have to pay more for those. We did the package on our last cruise and found it worthwhile for that trip, had a lot of sea days, and port days were short. Not sure if I would do it on another itinerary and if they raise the price almost definitely will not.

Edited by akcruz

Not buying this package until there is better wine! A week of their house wine makes me go :eek:!

Yeah, the package really does not suit anyone who likes premium (or even decent) wine. Hopefully, they are still in the process of evaluating the options like the OP said. I would like to see the soda cup added (for Freestyle use) and a $6 credit towards any glass of wine.

I wish they would get with Celebrity and offer the packages they offer. The ones on RCCL are really bad.Below is the package I purchased on our last X cruise.

Premium Non-Alcoholic Package

Enjoy nearly our entire selection of sodas selections on board including all canned and fountain soft drinks from Coca Cola, Premium Bottled Water from Evian, Perrier and San Pellegrino, Specialty Coffees and Teas, Non-Alcoholic Frozen Drinks and Smoothies, Red Bull Energy Drink and Specialty Waters from Vitamin Water

All that for $18.00 per day + gratuities $145.00 for a 7 day cruise w/ gratuities

They also offer a lower priced package for non premium coffees and waters.

Edited by believer33323

I agree with the others about wine options. I would not buy a drink package that only includes house wine. From another company, one would say the term "house wine" would be an ill-defined product and only limited selections, but Royal Caribbean does an exceptionally poor job selecting house wines.

I agree I'd love for it to be more like Celebrity's packages. I understand they can't really do coffees because of Starbucks but I'd be ok with that. When I saw $45 for only beer/Wine/soda I was like :eek: on Celebrity that covered call brands for drinks too.

As for the water naysayers, I have to say that feature really came in handy in the Med over the summer. We picked up bottles of water in the morning after breakfast and then again before we got off the ship. Again I was surprised it wasn't included in the price for RC. Yes everyone can say, just bring a case of water or refillable bottles, but the ease of getting it on the ship is a definite plus. Worth an extra $5 not exactly sure.