Yet another coffee card question

frankdp

Hi all! Going on Crown in 23 days for a southern Caribbean and have pre purchased coffee cards. I know that specialty coffee's and brewed coffee's are available at IC but we like a nice espresso or latte after dinner. Can we get them brought to our table in the MDR or specialty dinning venues? Any information is appreciated.

...we like a nice espresso or latte after dinner. Can we get them brought to our table in the MDR or specialty dinning venues? Any information is appreciated.

Yes, or you could go up to Adagio and order it. Why? The view is superb, and it will be made by the Sabatini's crew. They really are masters at the espresso device.

Yes, or you could go up to Adagio and order it. Why? The view is superb, and it will be made by the Sabatini's crew. They really are masters at the espresso device.

Not much view after dinner in 23 days....will be kinda dark out:D

That is odd. We were on the Crown last month. We always go up to Adagio in the evening to listen to the music and have a drink. I thought it might be nice to have coffee up there sometime but I'd never seen anyone drinking it. So one evening as we were leaving, I asked a passing barman if they served coffee in Adagio and he said no. He said (as I understood it) that there was coffee available in Sabatini for the diners there, but not in Adagio. Did I misunderstand him (or he misunderstand me)?

there was coffee available in Sabatini for the diners there, but not in Adagio. Did I misunderstand him (or he misunderstand me)?

Going to have to put this under the "your mileage may vary" category.

I'd like to say I will re-check in a few weeks, but we're sailing on the Caribbean Princess and they have no Adagio.

Getting the after-dinner coffee at the dinner table now sounds like the best procedure (though the server will probably go to the International Cafe to get it).

Edited by sminfiddle
etaoin shrdlu

That is odd. We were on the Crown last month. We always go up to Adagio in the evening to listen to the music and have a drink. I thought it might be nice to have coffee up there sometime but I'd never seen anyone drinking it. So one evening as we were leaving, I asked a passing barman if they served coffee in Adagio and he said no. He said (as I understood it) that there was coffee available in Sabatini for the diners there, but not in Adagio. Did I misunderstand him (or he misunderstand me)?

Adagio and Sabatini's are adjacent to each other, but Adagio doesn't serve coffee and evidently can't use the Sabatini's facilities. So I guess you did understand each other.

Hi all! Going on Crown in 23 days for a southern Caribbean and have pre purchased coffee cards. I know that specialty coffee's and brewed coffee's are available at IC but we like a nice espresso or latte after dinner. Can we get them brought to our table in the MDR or specialty dinning venues? Any information is appreciated.

So if I don't purchase a coffee card - how much will coffee cost and what are the "speciality coffees"? Thanks.:confused:

Espresso-based coffee drinks are around $2 for a small and $2.75 to $3.50 for larger and fancier drinks. Then you have to add a 15% service charge. The coffee card is VERY worth it to me.

Also with the coffee card, your brewed coffee, tea, and hot chocolate are included without a punch for the life of the cruise.

YES, You can ask to have your coffee from the International Café sent to your table where ever you are eating at. I have done that and it is so much fun

drinking hot cappuchino in a beautiful large beautiful cup in the dinning room

The service is same as ordering a soda or liquor drink to your table.

Whenever I order a special coffee drink at the International Café... I always ask for the beautiful cup to drink my coffee. Most people like to get their coffee in a

paper cup to go so they can go to where ever they were going to.

The fancy cups have to stay in the area of the café so if I want to take my coffee back to my room I ask for a paper cup. LucyR.

YES, You can ask to have your coffee from the International Café sent to your table where ever you are eating at. I have done that and it is so much fun

drinking hot cappuchino in a beautiful large beautiful cup in the dinning room

The service is same as ordering a soda or liquor drink to your table.

Whenever I order a special coffee drink at the International Café... I always ask for the beautiful cup to drink my coffee. Most people like to get their coffee in a

paper cup to go so they can go to where ever they were going to.

The fancy cups have to stay in the area of the café so if I want to take my coffee back to my room I ask for a paper cup. LucyR.

I drink my Americano in a latte glass.

Can we purchase a coffee card that will last for the 3 back to backs we will be one? Or is good for only the one cruise? Thanks

It will be good, especially if the person you buy from doesn't date it. Sometimes they do; sometimes not. However, if you run into trouble, speak to a manager.

I always liked having dessert at the IC with my coffee , they have such delicious things there.

Of course you could have dessert in the MDR and then go have another dessert at the IC with your coffee :p

Needless to say I am well acquainted with the treadmills onboard ship :)

BTW, in case you did not know, if you don't use all the punches on your coffee card. Save it for the next cruise.

Would you believe there are coffee cards for sale on ebay? Also did you know you can trade your mini bar for a bottle of wine.

I think that trading the bar setup for two coffee cards is a much better exchange than trading it for a bottle of wine. I've also heard that the wine you get isn't all that snazzy.

had to look for myself...yes the coffe cards are on ebay.

It's mind boggling the Princess stuff for sale there. You can get the "Coveted Black Elite member Card for Princess Cruises" for "only" $6.00. Wahoo! Just what I always wanted. A black piece of plastic. You can also get a pair of the freebie lanyards for "only" $7.90 Who buys this stuff?