On Golden and someone arrested

madjohn

Ish. I knew these short party cruises would be bad news for Golden Princess.

Really! We just got off of a B2B2B2B, and the worst problem was.........the LAX incident. Or, do you remember that....6 days ago?

Captain Bammarco held the ship at port till 9 PM on that cruise, and to the best of my knowledge.....he left no one behind. Actually, we had a conversantion about that, and he told me.......in his best Italian accent that he wanted to accomodate everyone...........and the next day was a sea day, and the only extra cost to anyone having a drink at any bar.........was the LA tax added.

Why do you think that the "party boats" would be "bad news"?

Party boats?.........I don't think so. I've been there, watched them come back onboard.......and frankly, Princess is making mistakes.......as I write this.

Carnival, and Royal Caribbean ran a 3/4 day trip out of the LA area. The 3 day was the weekend, and the 4 day was during the week.

Princess is getting this a bit confussed. I just got off a 3 day, mid week cruise........that did not bring in the revenue that the last 3 day.....Friday to Monday of last week did. That was fun, a weekend getaway for most, and a great time was had by all.

Princess will get this right........and for those that want a short cruise out of LA........check it out.:)

Rick

........and for those that want a short cruise out of LA........check it out.:)

Rick

Thanks for the quick comments. We really hope to do one (or two or three:rolleyes:) sometime soon. It sounds like a nice, few day get-away.

Edited by ar1950

Either that or its the new "no smoking in your cabin" policy being enforced.......?

We just got off the Golden today. I was unaware that this policy was not being enforced until I smelled a pipe one night and regular cigarette smoke on another evening while I was standing out on my balcony. That was really disappointing.

On a serious note, it's not unusual for people to bring drugs onboard and put them in their safe, thinking no one will ever find them. It doesn't happen very often on Princess but does on other lines. Every few weeks, there's a new article about someone arrested for having drugs. Another reason can be that when the manifest is submitted to the TSA before sailing, someone with an outstanding warrant can, and will, be discovered and arrested.

Edited by Pam in CA

One of our really fun cruises. We danced more on this cruise than we did on the Royal and

it was 18 days. ACCENT and the Mariachis were great. Danced till closing. This cruise

made money for Princess. Lots of drinks in the bar and lots of photos sold.

Greg

Really! We just got off of a B2B2B2B, and the worst problem was.........the LAX incident. Or, do you remember that....6 days ago?

Captain Bammarco held the ship at port till 9 PM on that cruise, and to the best of my knowledge.....he left no one behind. Actually, we had a conversantion about that, and he told me.......in his best Italian accent that he wanted to accomodate everyone...........and the next day was a sea day, and the only extra cost to anyone having a drink at any bar.........was the LA tax added.

Rick

I just got off a b2b too. (Most) Everyone seemed to be okay with the delayed sailing. Spoke to a customer service officer. He told me that about 10 cabins were empty due to the LAX incident. San Pedro port authorities gave the okay to open the stores early. Princess did a fantastic job under such a stressful situation. I met one of the passengers affected. What a nightmare she went through for a one hour flight.

We were also late leaving Ensenada yesterday. Don't have a clue why.

Hope you all have smooth a sailing now that you are underway.

It was drugs. Have seen a couple of folks get the heave ho for this reason. Both were in Jamaica where everyone on the street from 6 to 60 has the "best gangie" on the island for sale. The only other person I have seen put off the ship at the next port was a very drunk young man who took a swing at one of the ships security officers when they were summoned to calm him down. Got very beligerant with one of the bar staff and was accusing him of watering down the drinks.

We were also late leaving Ensenada yesterday. Don't have a clue why.

Hope you all have smooth a sailing now that you are underway.

We left late due to the truck that takes the black water off, arrived late. As it's such a short trip back, we waited till the truck was full, before leaving Ensenada.

It was a great (a bit short) cruise!!;)

Rick

We just got off the Golden today. I was unaware that this policy was not being enforced until I smelled a pipe one night and regular cigarette smoke on another evening while I was standing out on my balcony. That was really disappointing.

It IS enforced. You should have contacted Passenger Services to report it.

No, it was someone who tried to tell another passenger how to dress on formal night and didn't like the answer they got.

No, she got arrested for "stealing" books and towels that were left on a lounge chair to save it. Oops, that's not right. If she had done that, she'd be more deserving of an award for "ruining" a chair hog's day...

It was drugs. Have seen a couple of folks get the heave ho for this reason. Both were in Jamaica where everyone on the street from 6 to 60 has the "best gangie" on the island for sale. The only other person I have seen put off the ship at the next port was a very drunk young man who took a swing at one of the ships security officers when they were summoned to calm him down. Got very beligerant with one of the bar staff and was accusing him of watering down the drinks.

I don't think you will be arrested for ganja in California these days.

I think once there was a very strong warning in the Patter warning against bringing drugs on board and that you will be kicked off and Princess will not help you with your onward travel arrangements.

Edited by Wehwalt