Hawaii Five-0

woodworker&knitter

Beautiful shot of a HAL ship all lite up in the opening scene of Hawaii Five -0, in last nights show.

Now I'm really excited about my cruise on the Ryndam on the 17, plus last nights shot brought back great memories of ou cruise in March to Hawaii on the Zaandam

I saw that. I wished I had taped it to play back again because I wasn't sure it was a HAL ship. Thanks for confirming!

Here are a couple screen shots:

Thanks. It sure looks like an S-class, based on the funnel. And it's not the Veendam, based on the Lido aft. I can't read the ship name, but I'm guessing it's the Statendam, as the Ryndam and Maasdam haven't been out that way since the show returned to the air.

Good eye that it was even spotted as one of "our" ships in the first place!

I'd say it is likely Statendam.

One funnel..... so an "S" class.

"R" Class have two funnels.

No glass elevator so not a Vista or Signature.

Not Prinsendam.

Edited by sail7seas

Also saw the opening shot with the HAL ship in the opening credits. Pretty neat shot of the ship in the dark. I played with the video by starting and stopping the video, enlarging the size of the screen on the video numerous times and I came up with a fairly clear pause shot of the port side name....it is the Statendam.

Edited by RAJKR74

Could it be the Zaandam? We were there in 2010 on the Zaandam.

Not with that funnel, it couldn't be. That funnel belongs to an S-class ship. Besides, count the lifeboats; the Zaandam would have a couple more than the S-class ships do.

Photos on CC end up small, so I put them on a web page after "lightening" them up so they're more visible - you'll probably have to scroll because I left them at full size for (hopefully) easier identification - I notice the second one is blurry -that was their camera movement: http://bcdenterprises.net/Hawaii50/

Solocanadian (and others) - I would love to teach some of the things I know, practical stuff.

Edited by bcd2010

Not with that funnel, it couldn't be. That funnel belongs to an S-class ship. Besides, count the lifeboats; the Zaandam would have a couple more than the S-class ships do.

I'm not as good at the funnels as the rest of you - counting the lifeboats is my favourite trick to help identify a ship:D

Also saw the opening shot with the HAL ship in the opening credits. Pretty neat shot of the ship in the dark. I played with the video by starting and stopping the video, enlarging the size of the screen on the video numerous times and I came up with a fairly clear pause shot of the port side name....it is the Statendam.

I thought that was the Statendam too....:)

Photos on CC end up small, so I put them on a web page after "lightening" them up so they're more visible - you'll probably have to scroll because I left them at full size for (hopefully) easier identification - I notice the second one is blurry -that was their camera movement: http://bcdenterprises.net/Hawaii50/

Wow...I had to save your photos.......that first one is perfect.....!!!

I'm not as good at the funnels as the rest of you - counting the lifeboats is my favourite trick to help identify a ship:D

The large pic that bcd2010 posted clearly shows that the aft pool is on Navigation Deck, not Lido. That limits it to three possible ships.