Odd ? bringing 2 bottles of wine

workathome

I know you can bring two bottles of wine per stateroom; however, what if you don't finish it, can you bring it back off the ship? For example what if you get sea sick after opening the bottle, is it just wasted then?

We were staying in a GS and my DW is the wine drinker and between the free wine in CL and a couple of bottles our TA sent us we had a bottle left over. We just packed in our carry off, never declared it because we hadn't purchased it either on the ship or one of the islands.

Unless you think you'll be seasick for the entire trip, you'll easily be able to finish 2 bottles of wine! Actually, being tipsy helps with any motion problems you might be feeling!

It's true that if it's opened, it will be difficult to reseal...it will probably leak.

I know you can bring two bottles of wine per stateroom; however, what if you don't finish it, can you bring it back off the ship? For example what if you get sea sick after opening the bottle, is it just wasted then?

Leftover? Share with friends! ;)

Something that no one has mentioned is that though you can easily walk off the ship with an open bottle of wine there is the matter of "Open Container Laws" that exist in the USA.

No person shall have in his or her possession, while driving a motor vehicle upon a highway, any bottle, can, or other receptacle containing any alcoholic beverage that has been opened, or a seal broken, or the contents of which have been partially removed.

Edited by xxoocruiser

An open bottle is an empty bottle. Leftover wine, never heard of it! :p

But in answer to the OP, yes you can bring it off the ship. We once had leftover from our wine package since I had noro (yuch) and had no problems taking the remaining bottles home. I would guess you would be subject to duty free limits though.

Edited by MS52

Something that no one has mentioned is that though you can easily walk off the ship with an open bottle of wine there is the matter of "Open Container Laws" that exist in the USA.

No person shall have in his or her possession, while driving a motor vehicle upon a highway, any bottle, can, or other receptacle containing any alcoholic beverage that has been opened, or a seal broken, or the contents of which have been partially removed.

Open container laws vary from state to state. In Florida, and some other states, you can take home open bottles of wine from restaurants as long as they are packaged a certain way.