We're "Barking" in 4 Weeks...Anyone Else Have Silly Cruise Sayings???

Wilda

We go to the mustard drill ( muster). The kids started that - we laughed and have called it that ever since.

We too enjoy the Mustard Drill with our grand kids!

Forgot about that one...we are always on the lookout for Colonel Mustard during the mustard drill:)

Picked this up from a book we read on the subject of the very many stray dogs in Romania. They are always looking for scraps. They sniff here and there, to the right and to the left...looking for scraps of ham.

"Ham, Ham..." every time we hit the buffet.

"Ham, Ham..."

We crack up Every time! ham ham

I love that.

LOL - love this - finally an entertaining thread. :p

We also refer to the safety drill as the Mustard Drill and we go to the Mustard Station for said drill.

We call the buffet location "The Jammer" even when we are on Celebrity.

My husband and I can't refer to the Schooner Bar without calling it "The Schooner Tuna" bar - reference from the movie Mr. Mom when they were working on the ad campaign for Schooner Tuna.

We crack ourselves up! :D

One cruise a while back, hubby's hair had gotten a bit long but didn't look bad, he just didn't make it to the barber shop before we left. Mind you, he's not got as much hair on top as he used to have... So one particularly windy evening he steps back in from the balcony and the hair he does have is sticking straight out! We call it his "Bozo on a Bender" look...

Since my very first cruise, about 2 months out, I always come up with a vacation song and put it as my ringtone on my phone. Right now it is Zac Brown Band - Knee Deep.

I also like to Facebook that I'm on a boat when embarking. Yes I know its a ship but saying I'm on a boat sounds so much better!:cool:

What a great thread!

I can't take credit for this, but met a woman on a past cruise who called the Windjammer the "Wind-Jam It Down Your Throat" in honor of all those "hungry passengers" who ate like they haven't eaten in days.

Stacy

Forgot about that one...we are always on the lookout for Colonel Mustard during the mustard drill:)

We also call it the Colonel Mustard drill!!!!

Also, my daughter is coming on our next cruise so I yelled down to my husband that our daughter was booking the cruise and he thought I said she was cooking the booze so that's what we call it when we book.

Each day at least once or twice a day one of us asks the other, "is it time for our cruise yet?" We also make up fake announcements with a horn noise and "Attention all cruise passengers... " and make up some silly announcement. Then we giggle like little kids.

We start singing the Love Boat theme song randomly I the weeks leading up to the cruise.

We also look for Col Mustard

We always end up with a theme from something that happens either on our way to port or the first day. For example, this last cruise was to the Med, we we were in Rome the day before the cruise & I was reading from a Rick Steve's guide book. I accidentally said 'the obelisk is in its usual spot' so for the rest of the trip when anyone pointed out a famous object or building my family would ask if it was 'in its usual spot' :D people thought we were nuts!

The other one was I called the drink package the 'drunk' package totally by accident. So now my husband keeps asking if we're getting the drunk package for the next trip

Edited by hansolosmom

"Here's Your hat, what's your hurry?"..

It seems like we just get on board and get relaxed and the memo comes about letting them know your travel plans to go home (so they can give you luggage tags).

As in - "We got the "here's your hat" memo this morning".

Sheeesh, I just got here, please do not make me think about leaving so soon :-) . All the lines do it.

Holland America provides a nice vinyl cover for the bed to put your luggage on to pack / unpack, but once that thing shows up on the bed the last sea day, you get the hint.

Also refers to to the room steward not showing you quite as much love on the last day as he does on the first day.

As it gets closer to the last day of our cruise, we refer to the disembarking process as disemboweling

Deidre.:)

And it feels like too, doesn't it!? :(:(

We start singing the Love Boat theme song randomly I the weeks leading up to the cruise.

LOL, we do this too, and sometimes when we happen to be standing at the deck rail midweek, DH always says "this is about when you toss the ring overboard." ;)