Oasis of the Seas ~ Eastern Caribbean ~ Solo Picture Review

mpoole3

I'm from knoxville as well. Can you tell me what airline you took out of nashville and about how much it costs? I assume you didn't take "Tyson" b/c the prices were higher? I'm not leaving until the end of May and I know prices will be higher, just trying to get a feel about the price?

I used Southwest and paid $350 roundtrip (bag fly free) A few days later the price dropped to $300, so I know have a credit of $50 that must be used within 1 year.

I also picked the nonstop morning flight since I was flying in the day of, which was a few dollars more.

Michael

So after the captain's Q&A I decided to just walk around and ran across this in the photo shop.

They are now selling all the old photo's from previous cruises. I asked what the prices was just so I could report it back, but everyone was clueless.

They just try to get a dollar anyway they can!

IMG_2009_zps1bf70b8e.jpg

So after the captain's Q&A I decided to just walk around and ran across this in the photo shop.

They are now selling all the old photo's from previous cruises. I asked what the prices was just so I could report it back, but everyone was clueless.

IMG_2009_zps1bf70b8e.jpg

Are you saying that they are offering to sell photos of unknown peoples cruises to strangers???

Departure: I really didn’t sleep well knowing I could not over-sleep. I actually woke up around 330am and decided I’d go take pictures around the ship. What a perfect time to take pictures, because no one was walking around. Killed a few hours walking around and taking Oasis all in one last time.

IMG_2006_zpsf57931dd.jpg

IMG_1991_zps73b16622.jpg

IMG_2003_zpsd035f800.jpg

IMG_2018_zps538ec800.jpg

Edited by mpoole3

After walking around the whole ship it was almost time for breakfast. Windjammer breakfast starts at 5:30am and there was a large crowd for this breakfast. I waited for breakfast took around 3 bites of my food, looked out the window and RAN to the top deck with my camera to take pictures!

(I was hungry later!)

LIBERTY OF THE SEAS!

IMG_2033_zps0e6fe696.jpg

Edited by mpoole3

They say express departure starts at 6:30am, but I’d suggest getting in line no later than 6:00am. They have a great system in place; they line your luggage up (to keep you’re place in line) then have you head to the main dinning room for a seat, coffee, and lite breakfast items. Well around 11:18am someone came out and said, “we are a go!” At this point it was grab your bag and head off, I was standing pretty close to my bag and would say I was the 10th person off the ship. I arrived at the airport at 6:30, and sitting at my gate at 6:47am. Now only problem is my flight isn’t until 10:15am.

Edited by mpoole3

Are you saying that they are offering to sell photos of unknown peoples cruises to strangers???

That's how it looked to me. I ask the guy what the price was and he was unsure.

That has to be about the dumbest thing RCI has come up with yet.

They say express departure starts at 6:30am, but I’d suggest getting in line no later than 6:00am. They have a great system in place; they line your luggage up (to keep you’re place in line) then have you head to the main dinning room for a seat, coffee, and lite breakfast items. Well around 11:18am someone came out and said, “we are a go!” At this point it was grab your bag and head off, I was standing pretty close to my bag and would say I was the 10th person off the ship. I arrived at the airport at 6:30, and sitting at my gate at 6:47am. Now only problem is my flight isn’t until 10:15am.

Looks like that drink package caught up with you, Michael.... at 11:18 you were a go, and you were at the airport at 6:30? :confused:

Looks like that drink package caught up with you, Michael.... at 11:18 you were a go, and you were at the airport at 6:30? :confused:

Yes it did! Nice catch! I wrote that part sitting at the airport with one eye open.

Suppose to read "6:18"

IMG_2009_zps1bf70b8e.jpg

Um, I'm pretty sure the stacks of photos are just an example of how many pictures you could end up with if you get their photo package and get pics taken at EVERY opportunity during the week.

Great review! I am doing a solo on the Allure in Jan 2014, eastern as well. I'm glad to hear some one around the same age as me had a great time on their own. I will keep your tips in mind when on the ship!

Great ship for SOLO cruisers, since there is SO much to do. I hope you have a great cruise.

Great pics thanks for sharing. Love to see others point of view. This is one ship I want to try out sometime and you have re kindled that fire.

I'm glad you enjoyed them. That's why I take the time to post, in hopes that someone enjoyed them! :D

Mine posted today but I didn't get my solo points.

I just checked mine and I received 14 points for my balcony room. I'd call C&A and get them adjusted first thing this morning.

Thanks for a great review :) Hope I get to cruise on the Oasis sometime :)

Thanks for the kind words!

Drink Package: So this ship didn't require you to sign any receipts, which made me happy! Not a single drink did I see a receipt but they do require to swipe your Sea Pass card for each drink ordered. The red house wine is still St. Martin and can't talk about the white, but I'm sure it's the same. The pub has started to exclude some beers that were included just a few months ago, such as Guinness. I feel like I got my "money's worth" but didn't keep track of the number of drinks each day. I had at least two beers by the pool, 1-2 at the pub before dinner, 2 glasses of wine at dinner, 1-2 cocktails after dinner at show, nightclub, ect. I probably won't purchase the drink package anymore, as I'll have access to the diamond lounge on my next cruise - going from 73 points to 87 points (solos get double!) but I would have made diamond without new solo double points. If you have any questions about the package, ask I've done it twice now.

• 4 weeks later...

Mr. Poole is it?

Sir, well done. Fascinating review and confirming many thoughts that have been forming in my head since we booked our first cruise for our group of two couples doing a first time cruise way back in April I believe.

Oasis eastern Caribbean in February. Drink packages and Chops. I was going to do a water package but now will more likely get the premium drink package as that includes bottled water. I don't think they even offer the water package now anyway.

But again, awesome review that I truly enjoyed. Sounds like my suspicions are confirmed by your review. Right now we have one specialty restaurant reserved. Chops! Lol. And we have reservations for every show as well.

Our excursion are going to be St. Thomas. Magens Bay and St. Maarten we plan on doing Orient and Maho for the planes.

Cheers man. Awesome review!

• 3 weeks later...

Great review - really enjoyed the pics and advice - I'm looking forward to enjoying the same in a few weeks!

We are going to be skipping the alcohol packages so that we don't have to keep up just to break even.. We would have to drink 7x $6 beers a day for 7 days just to break even on the Select package.. but I do like the changes they've made for 2014 (new packages/no longer does everyone in a cabin need to purchase it)..