Table for Two-Traditional or MTD

slyster

So, I have requested a table for two through traditional dining a few times. I usually request it months in advance. I know it's just a request and not definite. On my last cruise, we requested a table for two several months out and were not able to get one on our cruise.

I'm wondering if you can get a table for two table more easily for MTD? I have only done traditional dining, never MTD. Thanks in advance...

THe MTD tables for two are close together, but it is kind of nice, you can chat with your neighbors or not. Sort of a nice bridge from sitting with strangers in the MDR to sitting by yourself in the MDR.

We have done this the last 3 cruises.

jc

I think it was suggested here to email the ship direct with your request about 2 weeks out from your cruise.

I did this on the Allure and had a reply from the ship telling me my request had been granted and my table is on deck 3.

I personally prefer traditional over MTD.

It's certainly easier with MTD...no requests in advance needed.....if only 2 of you show up in your party, that's how you'll be seated.

With traditional seating, you will have to request a 2-top...and it is just a request, although they do try to please.

What I do is go ahead and pay the tips for MTD.......when I get on board, after lunch I go and check my table for dinner. They are usually checking dining reservations around 1PM. They look and see that my tips have been paid and set me up with a table for two in MTD. No problem.

I think it was suggested here to email the ship direct with your request about 2 weeks out from your cruise.

I did this on the Allure and had a reply from the ship telling me my request had been granted and my table is on deck 3.

I personally prefer traditional over MTD.

Sky0000547 - who do I e-mail and how do I find that e-mail? I have never e-mailed before but I think I will try that on my DEC Grandeur cruise.

Any info or guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks!

So, I have requested a table for two through traditional dining a few times. I usually request it months in advance. I know it's just a request and not definite. On my last cruise, we requested a table for two several months out and were not able to get one on our cruise.

I'm wondering if you can get a table for two table more easily for MTD? I have only done traditional dining, never MTD. Thanks in advance...

Not sure what ship you're considering MTD for but if it's Oasis/Allure they have more 2 tops than any ship we've been on and they aren't as close together like some other dining rooms..Had a great experience with our table for 2 on Oasis recently.

here's the email address: rcldining@rccl.com . Each time I have contacted them, I got a response. Once seemed liked a automated response and the other was from an actual employee, an Administrator from their Restaurant Operations. Also, responses were received within 48 hours

What all would a person need to include for a request?

Sent from my BNTV600 using Forums mobile app

On Serenade there were two layouts for the tables for two. Some were set up perpendicular to a partition and were indeed quite close together. Not very nice. We were lucky to be stationed at the other tables, which were alongside the railing that looked down to the other level. Instead of sitting alongside the person at the next table, we sat back to back with them. This is a much more intimate setup. If you're on a ship that has this table layout and you choose MTD, talk to the maître-d as soon as you can to try to get one of these. I'll attach a thumbnail photo.

2011-SOTS-013.jpg.80bc074bec3bc72f1a0dcef18cfdb515.jpg

here's the email address: rcldining@rccl.com . Each time I have contacted them, I got a response. Once seemed liked a automated response and the other was from an actual employee, an Administrator from their Restaurant Operations. Also, responses were received within 48 hours

Thanks for this info. My DH and I often cruise by ourselves and we DON'T want to have a table for two....we can have dinner with each other AT HOME. So as soon as I can after boarding the ship, I go to the Main Dining Room to see what kind of table we have been assigned....when it has been a table for 2 for just us...I ask if it is possible for a change to a larger table of 8-12, and I have always been accommodated.

I would be just as happy to email them in advance and get the request put in advance.

Thanks....not everyone likes a table for 2....we love to use dinner as a way to meet other people.

On Serenade there were two layouts for the tables for two. Some were set up perpendicular to a partition and were indeed quite close together. Not very nice. We were lucky to be stationed at the other tables, which were alongside the railing that looked down to the other level. Instead of sitting alongside the person at the next table, we sat back to back with them. This is a much more intimate setup. If you're on a ship that has this table layout and you choose MTD, talk to the maître-d as soon as you can to try to get one of these. I'll attach a thumbnail photo.

We sailed on Serenade two years ago and that's exactly what we had. We are doing Jewel of the Seas next year so will probably have the same thing. It was a bit weird but the table to our left was empty and the table to our right had two interpreters seated there (my partner is deaf)

Yes, use the rcl dining email address. We are 4 for 5 using that. The one time we didn't get a table for two we went to the maître d the 1st day and got moved to a table for 2. Good luck!

I just sent in an email to the email address, because DH and I are cruising Thanksgiving weekend and often we get seated at a table for 2 and DON'T want that....so my request is to be seated with other people.

If it doesn't happen, I will do what I always do, go to the Maitre D' and have it changed.

Yes, you can, but, the tables for two are usually in a row and VERY close together. Its as though you're at a table for 6 -with a table for two on either side.

That is not necessary the case. We always request/get a table for 2 and on our last cruise on the Serenade we got a nice table for 2 by the window--it was beautiful. On our Feb. AOS cruise a table for 2 was near a table for 6 and a table for 10. We have never been on top of one another. Maybe it depends on the class of ship.

I sent in a request to be seated at a large table, rather than a table for two (since DH and I are cruising without being part of a group), and received a reply within one day, that we would will be seated at a table for 6.....I am thrilled.

My philosophy is that we eat with each other when we are home....lets dine with friends, even new ones, when we are at sea.

Can only request 60 days prior to your cruise. I e-mailed to rcldining@rccl.com

for a table for 2 on our Allure Feb. 9the cruise and got the above response. Did this on previous cruises and got nice tables and I did not want the hassle when on board. Suggestions, if you get confirm check the table location as soon as you get on the ship in case you want to make any changes.