Johnny Rockets Breakfast on Oasis - Gratuities?

I understand that there is no charge for breakfast in Johnny Rockets. My question is whether guests generally tip the wait staff or do they share in the regular gratuities?

Yes, they will ask for your seapass and you decide.

It is your choice. They won't ask. There will, as mentioned, be a line on the charge slip (which will be for zero, since there's no charge), if you want to leave something that gets put onto your seapass. Otherwise, cash is king.

And leaving nothing is also fine. *I* would tip, but that doesn't mean that you have to.

For breakfast they do not ask for your seapass since there is no charge for breakfast. Why would they ask for it when there is no reason to charge you? If you purchased orange juice or soda or something like that which required a charge then yes, they would require it. But for breakfast there is no reason that you even need to show your card.

But I always leave a few dollars on the table when a waitperson has been extra good.

Edited by reedl

For breakfast they do not ask for your seapass since there is no charge for breakfast. Why would they ask for it when there is no reason to charge you? If you purchased orange juice or soda or something like that which required a charge then yes, they would require it. But for breakfast there is no reason that you even need to show your card.

But I always leave a few dollars on the table when a waitperson has been extra good.

I have always been asked for my SeaPass card at JR whether there was a charge or not. We always put a few dollars tip on the SPC when we went.

We also ate there once on the Oasis and weren't asked for our Seapass card.

But to answer your original question, yes, the service is included as part of the regular gratuities. However, just like anywhere else on the ship, you are welcome to leave extra gratuties when you feel it is appropriate.

I have always been asked for my SeaPass card at JR whether there was a charge or not. We always put a few dollars tip on the SPC when we went.

Maybe for lunch or dinner, but for breakfast there is no reason for them to even look at the card (unless you are getting soda like I do for breakfast and they are verifying you have the soda package)

I've been on Allure twice and as far as your Seapass card, what I saw was different. 2011 they asked for our Seapass card, brought us back a $0 receipt and asked us to sign it. There was space for a gratuity that was blank.

2013 We waited and waited, it was right before the Meet and Mingle, and finally got the waiters attention and he said he didn't need our Seapass card and then disappeared quickly. Others reported the same from the 2013 cruise.