Summit

mcrcruiser

Check out my youtube video for the Oct.19 cruise. You can see for yourself!

What a fantastic video, very enjoyable! How do you get so many photos of the ship without many guests? You must get up really early! Even your beach & exterior ship photos are not cluttered with people. Great job! May I ask what you use to produce your videos?

We did the Summit in March, & are returning to her for a b2b in January. Beautiful ship!

Thanks again!

Wow.... I had no idea that organizations charter entire cruise ships! Do you have any idea what group it is? I am just curious...

Lots of groups charter cruise ships for various reasons, in this case it is a travel agency that sponsors gay cruises which are very popular. One of the NCL ships is being chartered for the Super Bowl in New Jersey. I am a retired Police Officer from New Jersey and the NJ State Patrolmans Benevolent Association rented the Century several times for their annual convention. There was a recent post on here about Amway chartering one of the Celebrity ships. You also may get groups taking up half the ship or smaller portions. I was on NCL a couple of years ago and there was a small groups of NY Giants on the cruise and if you booked through the agency, you had access to the Giants.

Have been on the Summit twice since it was Solstilized. The first was Immediatley after the refurb and the 2nd time one year later.

First impression was disappointment as we had only sailed on the S class ships and was expecting the same. It is not the same as a S class but has its own identity and should be kept that way intstead of trying to make it like something it was never designed to be. Sailed on the Constellaion after this cruise and before it was refurbed and really liked it for what it is.

Even though the Summit was refurbed it was mainly to add a few things to "Solstilze" it. The cabin we had 9072 had shown it age with pitted faucets, nicks and scratches and normal wear that comes with age and many cleanings.

Overall the ship is ship shape and is like anything else if you go looking for faults you can find them. Buy a new car or travel on a brand new ship and there will be faults and things that are not working properly.

I have found that reviews and opinions are affected by the person's attitude and weather.

.🎅🎄

I have sailed Summit 5 times--8/03 (Alaska), 6/09 (Classical Med), Jan.2011, Feb. 2012 and 2013 (S. Carib). It's a wonderful ship and even better after the facelift. We were on the 2nd cruise after the 2012 dry dock. I would have no qualms about sailing her again, but we wanted to see different ports.

On Jan. 26th my friends and I are changing to the W. Carib. for our first cruise on Silhouette, out of Ft. Lauderdale. Ports are Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Falmouth Jamaica and Labadee. I've been to all of them several years ago, but my companions haven't.

Happy sailing to all!

What a fantastic video, very enjoyable! How do you get so many photos of the ship without many guests? You must get up really early! Even your beach & exterior ship photos are not cluttered with people. Great job! May I ask what you use to produce your videos?

We did the Summit in March, & are returning to her for a b2b in January. Beautiful ship!

Thanks again!

Thank you for your kind words. I am glad you enjoyed the video. I use Photo to Movie. Beach photos without people are easy to get as we go to the beaches that are less well known. Uncluttered ship photos on the other hand are not so easy! I am posting the video for our October 26-Nov2 cruise within a day or two. I think it may have come out even better than the Oct.19 video. Soem great Halloween shots! Look for it on my website.

Thank you for your kind words. I am glad you enjoyed the video. I use Photo to Movie. Beach photos without people are easy to get as we go to the beaches that are less well known. Uncluttered ship photos on the other hand are not so easy! I am posting the video for our October 26-Nov2 cruise within a day or two. I think it may have come out even better than the Oct.19 video. Soem great Halloween shots! Look for it on my website.

I look forward to viewing it! I am now using windows movie Maker, but your video seemed somehow smoother. I will investigate yours. I know what you're saying about the popular beaches being so crowded. Looks like you were at Sapphire Beach in St. Thomas, is that right, & Sandcastle in st? Croix?

I look forward to viewing it! I am now using windows movie Maker, but your video seemed somehow smoother. I will investigate yours. I know what you're saying about the popular beaches being so crowded. Looks like you were at Sapphire Beach in St. Thomas, is that right, & Sandcastle in st? Croix?

yes...Sand Castle and Sapphire...not many people at either beach for most of the day.We sometimes walk to Sand Castle beach.

She is in great shape. Do not believe any of the negative reviews. We did a B2B on her Oct.19-26, and Oct 26-Nov2. After 0ver 80 cruises, we believe this was our best cruise yet.

Oh really??? The negative reviews are indeed every bit as valid as the positive ones. Here is my review that has a little of both. All valid points or I would not have mentioned them.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1727528

Hi. We are just back from the summit we sailed No.09-16. The ship is in great shape. They are painting, cleaning everyday. We were in cabin 9101 yes I saw rust on the balcony. But if this is going to wreck your vacation or the railings need some tlc. I guess you can always cancel your trip.

Oh really??? The negative reviews are indeed every bit as valid as the positive ones. Here is my review that has a little of both. All valid points or I would not have mentioned them.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1727528

Really. Are they "valid points" or just opinions? For example...i would agree with your comment on the buffet food, but that would be an OPINION because I personally do not like buffets. MANY people would disagree. People traveling with us certainly enjoyed the buffet, as did the hundreds of other people who ate in the buffet every day. This is what makes it an OPINION not a "valid point."

As far as " reviews" are concerned, I don't think anyone should pay too much attention to either good or bad reviews. One should read both with more than just a grain of salt.

Edited by existentialtraveler

October 26_Nov2 now on youtube. Some of the same ship photos were used. I did not see the point in taking the same photos AGAIN! I hope you enjoy this one. It is VERY long ( 52 min.) and was really intended for family and friends, but the St Kitts and the Halloween sections are pretty cool. Here's the link:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYVC4NTwlr8

As far as " reviews" are concerned, I don't think anyone should pay too much attention to either good or bad reviews. One should read both with more than just a grain of salt.

Your specific statement was 'Do not believe any of the negative reviews' as such implying that only the positive ones were valid. Maybe not what you meant, but that was how it came across. Had you stated what you said above, 'I don't think anyone should pay too much attention to either good or bad reviews. One should read both with more than just a grain of salt' your point would have been more clear.

Personally I agree w/ your second statement. I think readers need to take all reviews for what they're worth knowing that opinions will differ. If however the number of positives or negatives outweighs the opposite, you can definately read a trend into the big picture and get a fairly accurate point of view. I'm not sure which way the Summit reviews lean overall.

Edited by Sascol

Your specific statement was 'Do not believe any of the negative reviews' as such implying that only the positive ones were valid. Maybe not what you meant, but that was how it came across. Had you stated what you said above, 'I don't think anyone should pay too much attention to either good or bad reviews. One should read both with more than just a grain of salt' your point would have been more clear.

Personally I agree w/ your second statement. I think readers need to take all reviews for what they're worth knowing that opinions will differ. If however the number of positives or negatives outweighs the opposite, you can definately read a trend into the big picture and get a fairly accurate point of view. I'm not sure which way the Summit reviews lean overall.

1.[Your specific statement was 'Do not believe any of the negative reviews' as such implying that only the positive ones were valid ...I did not imply that. You, however, may have inferred that.

2.Many of the negative reviews have been ridiculously negative. One said the Summit was " a dumpy Days Inn at sea.....a dirty Hampton Inn" and then the review got REALLY bad!

3.The number of positive replies on this thread certainly outnumber the negatives.

4.My reply to the OP was meant to allay his fears about being on the Summit, not to offend anyone's sensibilities.

5. " A thousand soldiers crossing a bridge into a town is a thousand soldiers crossing a thousand bridges into a thousand towns."

2.Many of the negative reviews have been ridiculously negative. One said the Summit was " a dumpy Days Inn at sea.....a dirty Hampton Inn" and then the review got REALLY bad!

I just read that review. :eek:

That was someone with revenge on her mind...

edit: Funny, everyone on the roll call seemed to have a great time... only the 'reviewer"hated every moment.

here's a typical post-cruise comment:

"Hi Everyone,

It was great to get to meet everyone. We had a fantastic cruise!""

Edited by A Sixth?

I just read that review. :eek:

That was someone with revenge on her mind...

edit: Funny, everyone on the roll call seemed to have a great time... only the 'reviewer"hated every moment.

here's a typical post-cruise comment:

"Hi Everyone,

It was great to get to meet everyone. We had a fantastic cruise!""

Yeah..revenge seems to be the motivation for that "review." We were on the Oct 26 cruise and had an incredibly wonderful time...and I am not exaggerating for effect! But some CCers on the Roll Call seem to have not had a very good time..go figure..Back to the thousand soldiers I guess.

Yeah..revenge seems to be the motivation for that "review." We were on the Oct 26 cruise and had an incredibly wonderful time...and I am not exaggerating for effect! But some CCers on the Roll Call seem to have not had a very good time..go figure..Back to the thousand soldiers I guess.

Please post the link to this review so I can read it. Thanks.