Help needed - New to RCCL Dining

Please help me understand the dining options (I'm really confused now).. we are going to be on the 4 day Majesty cruise and would like a table for two. I have signed up for the seating time at 6:30. Should I have signed up for the pick you time dining to get a table for two? if I stay with what I have can I get a table for two?

I have read other posts but to be honest, I don't know what all the abbreviations mean.:(

You might be able to get a table for 2 during traditional dining. If you go with "My Time Dining" you can definitely get a table for 2. If you choose to stay with traditional dining, go to the dining room when you board to request that table for 2. They will do what they can to make you happy.

Please help me understand the dining options (I'm really confused now).. we are going to be on the 4 day Majesty cruise and would like a table for two. I have signed up for the seating time at 6:30. Should I have signed up for the pick you time dining to get a table for two? if I stay with what I have can I get a table for two?

I have read other posts but to be honest, I don't know what all the abbreviations mean.:(

Did you book directly with RC or through a travel agent?

If you used a TA, ask them to put in the request for you. (you should have been asked when booking)

You can also write and put in your request:

rcldining@rccl.com

What abbreviations would you like decoded for you? :)

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for all of the help! If I board the ship and they cannot give me a 2 person table for the 6:30 seating can I change to the MTD on board? I used a TA to book the cruise.

They will allow you to change to MTD, as long as there is space available. If you do change, you will be immediately charged the entire gratuity amount, which will not be able to be removed.

Mtd is a bit of a misnomer. If you just show up at any time you may not be accomadated at that time and will have to wait. If you ask in advance for a certain time you may be told that time is not available. If you choose traditional dining you will show up at the proper time and walk right in. Just check your table number on your Seapass card when you board and go see if it suits your needs.If not,go to the Maitre'd and he will change it for you. This has been our experience at any rate.

If you can't get changed to MTD, and don't get a 2-top at main seating, don't worry! having tablemates is NOT as awful as you're thinking! It's actually quite fun to have like-minded folks to dine with! Everyone is friendly and out for a good time. It's only 4 dinners! You may find you enjoy it! We do!

yes you can request a 2 top but like everything it is a request only.

if you choose My Time Dining it is far more likely you will be seated alone unless you specifically request otherwise. it is possible to have standing reservations or to keep the same wait staff if that is your preference

Mtd is a bit of a misnomer. If you just show up at any time you may not be accomadated at that time and will have to wait. If you ask in advance for a certain time you may be told that time is not available. If you choose traditional dining you will show up at the proper time and walk right in. Just check your table number on your Seapass card when you board and go see if it suits your needs.If not,go to the Maitre'd and he will change it for you. This has been our experience at any rate.

We have done MTD since it started and love it! Always get a table for 2 without any issues at all. Only 2x have we had to wait for a table and it was for maybe 5 minutes. We rarely, if ever, make reservations. We go to dinner when we feel like it. That is what we love about MTD, eat when you want.

If you can't get changed to MTD, and don't get a 2-top at main seating, don't worry! having tablemates is NOT as awful as you're thinking! It's actually quite fun to have like-minded folks to dine with! Everyone is friendly and out for a good time. It's only 4 dinners! You may find you enjoy it! We do!

You know, when we did traditional dining we did love being at a table with a lot of people. But when we started doing MTD we found we LOVED eating alone. We talk to so many people on the ship that we have found we enjoy the 2 of us at dinner to talk about the day and what we will do the next day.

Just a heads up - it's not really that private at most of the two seat tables in MTD! We had MTD (my time dining) onboard the Jewel last week. Even though we had a table for 2 every night, it was seated so close to other 2 tops, that it felt like we were seated right with the others.

Just a heads up - it's not really that private at most of the two seat tables in MTD! We had MTD (my time dining) onboard the Jewel last week. Even though we had a table for 2 every night, it was seated so close to other 2 tops, that it felt like we were seated right with the others.

That is precisely why we stopped doing MTD and went back to the Main seating. We are generally able to get a more private table for 2. :)

I agree. On the Freedom we had a table for two but this was using MTD and the tables were about eight inches apart. Too close for me. No way that two people can carry on a private conversation.

I also refuse to sit at a table with guests that I don't know. I have had enough bad experiences with others who to like to talk about subjects such as politics and religion. Those are topics that are taboo to me with people that I do not know.

Edited by cruisingator2