Third time was the charm, or how I got lucky....

comfortcove

I called today to see if I could do a paid upgrade on Noordam next month. We were booked in a VH gaurantee since late August. Of course, after final payment prices went down.

I would look daily for a cabin assignment, but no go. It is not simple like it used to be with just a few cabin categories in verandas, and I was regretting booking a gaurantee. I called TA twice in the last six weeks, attempting to buy a superior veranda for the current price, or get an assigned veranda, which were now less than our VH. No go, and not encouraging.

Today I decided to call about an upgrade to a superior veranda one last time. We got it, and for $400 total, plus we got to keep our little OBC. Again, it was to be a gty, but as soon as it came through on our reservation we have an assigned SS, and it is one I would have picked if I had my choice.

So, I am feeling really blessed, and am not sure I will be booking anymore guarantees. It was driving me nuts! Both DH and I really want and need a nice vacation! The extra space will be great for ten days, and the location is great. I told TA to call if there are any upsells to Neptune Suites. I doubt it, but you never know!

Thank you all, now i am getting excited for this cruise! I woke up this AM and had to check our reservation to see the assignment was still there, and TaDa, it is!

This turned out really well because when I called I was prepared to pay full upgrade price each time. This offer was a surprise, and getting an assignment when they told me it was a gaurantee makes me really happy. I had been stressing over the whole guarantee status. Maybe i have passed the age of travel flexibility!

I think we can be very happy in an SS!