When are the dining changes going to happen?

ThreeYellowLabs

I would hate to think of all the friends I wouldn't have had we not met them at our dinner table. Kinda like weddings. We have met some great people at those too. No lido restaurant there.

We meet people on our own turf and in our own way. Too many times have we been burned getting connected with people that we have nothing in common with. I hate the personal questions asked, especially why we don't have grand children. The explanation would leave most with their jaws dropped. We don't care to go there with most of the questions that we've been asked, we would make more enemies than friends.:rolleyes:

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but we have had good experiences with table mates. We haven't formed any life time friendships, but haven't had to deal with uncomfortable personal questions either. We generally just share what we did that day, what excursions, what activities we participated in. Never had discussions on politics, religion, or money. Our last cruise we didn't really "click" with our table mates, but not to the point that we avoided the MDR. We have always been seated with people close to our age. That's been our experience so far, anyway.

Maybe they should do it in a way to try to make everyone happy.

1 dining room is less formal with ATD on 1 level and 2 assigned seatings on other level.

2nd dining room more formal with the same 2 level divisions.

Heck, that would be a real hot mess for them I think....teehee.

Whatever the changes may be, whenever they come....I guarantee they will be cost cutting measures and there will be massive complaint threads.

I like the tableclothes. It insures (mostly) a clean table surface.

Wiping down the tabletops depend on the thoroughness of the wiper and you can't usually see for sure if it's really clean.

I do not want to sit where a bunch of glazed donut kids (or adults--ewww) sat and left their cold germs, etc...... Uck.

Edited by silvercrikhix

Maybe they should do it in a way to try to make everyone happy.

1 dining room is less formal with ATD on 1 level and 2 assigned seatings on other level.

2nd dining room more formal with the same 2 level divisions.

Heck, that would be a real hot mess for them I think....teehee.

Whatever the changes may be, whenever they come....I guarantee they will be cost cutting measures and there will be massive complaint threads.

I like the tableclothes. It insures (mostly) a clean table surface.

Wiping down the tabletops depend on the thoroughness of the wiper and you can't usually see for sure if it's really clean.

I do not want to sit where a bunch of glazed donut kids (or adults--ewww) sat and left their cold germs, etc...... Uck.

I like the linen tablecloths, as well.

Especially, because as you pointed out- of the germ factor.:eek:

Pam

I should probably apologize to those who want the linens. You see, on our September cruise on the Magic we had an unprecedented streak of spills during dinner. Between my daughters (5 & 2) and myself (30 + too much rum punch in Belize) I think we had spills 5 nights. My daughters are very well behaved, just had a bad run.

So, I will fall on my sword for this one! Lol!

Not using linen tablecloths? :confused: Can CCL really stoop that low? I just don't believe that is what's going to happen. They'd have to replace every table...banquet tables aren't meant to be used without a cover on them.

IF (and I won't believe it until it actually happens) that does come to be true, then I cannot wait to hear the cheerleaders make lemonade out of that.

EDITED:

Ok, someone did mention NEW tables, so if they do have new tables they could go without tablecloths

....so this is going to be like the buffet area then???

*sigh*

Still going to hang on to hope that this isn't true, because if it is, with meatloaf, no linens...it's going to be more like a picnic area than a dining room.

Oh scratch that....some people even bring linens to a picnic.

Edited by halos

Why is this sad? I don't go into a restaurant and sit down with people that I do not know and eat and carry on a conversation. Why is it any different on a cruise line? Before ATD came along, I loathed going to the MDR and being seated with people that I really didn't want to sit with. We would end up on Lido just to avoid them.:cool:

The same here I rather eat alone with my family. Anytime dining rocks. We had some bad luck eating with others on our cruises including one very nasty drunk.

So to recap so far we have 4 pound snails with extra butter, Heather meatless meatloaf, a not so cheesy Mac and cheese w/meat, along with trite, cow tongue and Rocky Mountain oysters. And for dessert the sugarless WCMC. Anything else? Just remember we are all speculating wildly

Fresh fish each night- catch of the day. And now every day there is a new on ship excursion available, fishing from the side/back of the ship.

All for an additional charge- of course.:rolleyes:

We meet people on our own turf and in our own way. Too many times have we been burned getting connected with people that we have nothing in common with. I hate the personal questions asked, especially why we don't have grand children. The explanation would leave most with their jaws dropped. We don't care to go there with most of the questions that we've been asked, we would make more enemies than friends.:rolleyes:

WHOA..hold on a second..you can't just hint around to private stuff like that and not finish...LOL! :p:p:p

OK...you're little angry guy (:mad:) threw me off :)

I love your screen name by the way!

i

I'm sorry. I could have just said "ugh" or "oofda."

Really enjoying this thread!!

First cruise was my honeymoon (9/11/77) on the Pacific Princess.

I didn't know it was "The Love Boat" that would start on TV that month.

When our "honeymoon" (marriage) was over, started seriously cruising, almost always solo since 2002.

Hence, I am a "seasoned" cruiser (frayed) and am not afraid to enjoy life...

Hope this is not TMI.

Pam

Had goat once..on an island (forget which).

Not fond of it.

I do love goat cheese however :)

My dislike of goat cheese is something I try to hide from my foodie friends.

Difficult- my daughter's a sommelier, who pairs wine with food.

They try to sneak it into dishes and I can ALWAYS taste it.

Like in the fairytale "The Princess and the Pea."

She could feel a pea under 20 mattresses.

I can taste goat cheese from a mile away.

Your palate is much more sophisticated than mine...

Wish I could appreciate it like you do.

Pam:)