When are the dining changes going to happen?

ThreeYellowLabs

Haha my wife got all excited reading that. I had to break it to her that it was a joke. Back to plan A for her- me ordering her a burger with no pattie in Guys whilst she runs up to the fish and chips place to order the vegie fritters there. Instant vegie burger.

That is a really great tip!!!

I say let's go back to the wild speculations. I say monkey brains served on Indianan Jones night. Oh did I mention that every night will be themed to a differ move franchise. Other nights will include Back to the future, god father, Short Circuit/batteries not included, Star Wars, and Harry Potter.

Edited by ToAdam12

I say let's go back to the wild speculations. I say monkey brains served on Indianan Jones night. Oh did I mention that every night will be themed to a differ move franchise. Other nights will include Back to the future, god father, Johnny 5, Star Wars, and Harry Potter.

What's Johnny 5?

My guess is that these so called changes will take effect in December, but CCL will not announce until January or February. Also notice that I did not list the year, just the months.:rolleyes:

Time will tell.

LMAO!!:D:D:D:D

I really did LOL at this...

Yes, CCL does make it so easy to make comedians out of everyone because all this stuff is so dang true. You just can't make it up. :p

That there really are changes coming.

I think its obvious that changes really are coming. Dangling information like that when its clear most people are VERY interested in what's going to happen just seems quite smug but hey. Whatever floats your boat.

Edited by TheTravelista

I think its obvious that changes really are coming. Dangling information like that when its clear most people are VERY interested in what's going to happen just seems quite smug but hey. Whatever floats your boat.

I did not dangle anything at all. I mentioned that I heard some interesting things regarding the future changes. I would hope people would be interested, as it is a major component of the cruising experience. The purpose of me mentioning it was that it is in fact coming and not just "rumors" (John Heald timing comments aside).

LMAO!!:D:D:D:D

I really did LOL at this...

Yes, CCL does make it so easy to make comedians out of everyone because all this stuff is so dang true. You just can't make it up. :p

They really do supply some excellent material for us amateur comedians.

They really do supply some excellent material for us amateur comedians.

I'm just excited that they are bringing some live music back...hoping the quality of that music is good. We had a guy (guitar player, no 'pool band' *sigh* ) on our 15 day hawaii cruise (9 sea days, so entertainment was vital and very lacking) and he sucked.

Hoping for the best :) I would love to put carnival back on my cruise shopping list. I like variety

Edited by halos

I'm just excited that they are bringing some live music back...hoping the quality of that music is good. We had a guy (guitar player, no 'pool band' *sigh* ) on our 15 day hawaii cruise (9 sea days, so entertainment was vital and very lacking) and he sucked.

Hoping for the best :) I would love to put carnival back on my cruise shopping list. I like variety

There is a review out there now of a traveler on the Sunshine TA who thought the entertaiment was of a higher quality than past cruises.

There is a review out there now of a traveler on the Sunshine TA who thought the entertaiment was of a higher quality than past cruises.

That's good news because I do enjoy mostly everythign else about CCL. (there are minor things that are a bit irritating) but the lack of music and entertainment is what put me and my dh over the edge...

That's good news because I do enjoy mostly everythign else about CCL. (there are minor things that are a bit irritating) but the lack of music and entertainment is what put me and my dh over the edge...

If what we saw for the stockholder and naming event is a clue, than some changes are coming. Some forms def had a more rock (albeit classic and 80's) them and some country. There also seemed to be interaction with magicians (subbing in and going from one venue to another). I don't know if that is a one off or an inclination of something new. The entertainment seemed to have just gotten on for the cruise the next day.

Not using linen tablecloths? :confused: Can CCL really stoop that low? I just don't believe that is what's going to happen. They'd have to replace every table...banquet tables aren't meant to be used without a cover on them.

IF (and I won't believe it until it actually happens) that does come to be true, then I cannot wait to hear the cheerleaders make lemonade out of that.

EDITED:

Ok, someone did mention NEW tables, so if they do have new tables they could go without tablecloths

....so this is going to be like the buffet area then???

*sigh*

Still going to hang on to hope that this isn't true, because if it is, with meatloaf, no linens...it's going to be more like a picnic area than a dining room.

Oh scratch that....some people even bring linens to a picnic.

Going to saw horses and 4 X 8 sheets of plywood !:eek:

If what we saw for the stockholder and naming event is a clue, than some changes are coming. Some forms def had a more rock (albeit classic and 80's) them and some country. There also seemed to be interaction with magicians (subbing in and going from one venue to another). I don't know if that is a one off or an inclination of something new. The entertainment seemed to have just gotten on for the cruise the next day.

Thanks for the link. Not much info there but at least they seemed to liek the entertainment.

I'll lay low and see how the reviews come in.

I really enjoy a more formal (I don't mean tux formal, but linens formal) atmosphere in the mdr. I am not a buffet person...so I really wouldn't enjoy a very casual thing in the mdr. (I don't like too formal either....I think there is a 'just right' balance. It's the balance Carnival has always had) I am waiting to hear exactly what changes are happening there as well. I hope they are good changes. I will keep an open mind about the lack of linenes until I know exactly what they are replacing that with.

I'm not food fussy. I get that they are serving thousands at a time, so I don't excpect perfection in food, but the atmosphere means a lot to me....we'll see what the changes are.

Going to saw horses and 4 X 8 sheets of plywood !

The thing that scares me is that there are likely enough people that sail CCL that wouldn't mind a VERY casual dining room. Not as casual as that, but maybe too casual for me.

Edited by halos