When are the dining changes going to happen?

ThreeYellowLabs

You like the goat roast in a taco better than the regular cat in a taco?:confused:;)

Have had some "interesting" contents in my tacos.

(I love to travel alone in Mexico and do the local thing.)

But- cat??

As pesky as stray dogs in Mexico can be around the taco carts, they may be thrown a bit of tainted meat but not made into the contents, I don't think?

Enlighten me.

Pam

I should probably apologize to those who want the linens. You see, on our September cruise on the Magic we had an unprecedented streak of spills during dinner. Between my daughters (5 & 2) and myself (30 + too much rum punch in Belize) I think we had spills 5 nights. My daughters are very well behaved, just had a bad run.

So, I will fall on my sword for this one! Lol!

Just use the adult sippie cup.

AKA, bubba keg.

Changes, I think the changes will be waiter service in the buffet.

Edited by fireofficer5

i love the idea got prime roasted goat!!! Also i've heard through the rumor mill that all chicken will be replaced by pigeon. They say they will call it city chicken and serve it next to the mcrib on formal night.

lmao!!!

Not using linen tablecloths? :confused: Can CCL really stoop that low? I just don't believe that is what's going to happen. They'd have to replace every table...banquet tables aren't meant to be used without a cover on them.

IF (and I won't believe it until it actually happens) that does come to be true, then I cannot wait to hear the cheerleaders make lemonade out of that.

EDITED:

Ok, someone did mention NEW tables, so if they do have new tables they could go without tablecloths

....so this is going to be like the buffet area then???

*sigh*

Still going to hang on to hope that this isn't true, because if it is, with meatloaf, no linens...it's going to be more like a picnic area than a dining room.

Oh scratch that....some people even bring linens to a picnic.

Let's just say there will be plenty of discussion material here in a few days. Heard some tidbits while on the Sunshine this weekend. It is head scratching to say the least.

Let's just say there will be plenty of discussion material here in a few days. Heard some tidbits while on the Sunshine this weekend. It is head scratching to say the least.

and you're going to leave it at that???????????????????????????:confused:

First off if they change to NO tableclothes CCL will have to dry dock every ship for a couple of days and switch up existing tables to new ones. Did anyone ever look under the tablecloths....they are plywood. New tabletops would have to be installed. What will CCL do cancel cruises for this. I am an old coot and actually wouldn't mind a nice wood tabletop, many steakhouses and hibachi restaurants have this and they are no Mickey D's, can be quite pricey. Very few fine restaurants in NYC have tablecloths now except for ones that haven't been renovated in the last 20-30 years.

:eek:UH OH, not sounding good at all! I will say it once again people...Not all change is for the good, be careful what you ask for!!! And with Carnival, there rarely has been any good change lately!!

On John's FB page today. So it looks like announcements will be in the next few weeks

In the next few weeks you will see some very special announcements regarding enhancements in entertainment, dining and our Children’s Program……………exciting times for sure.

I would like to welcome Bernie Dillon a new beard that has joined our entertainment team who is joining us as a Director in the Entertainment Department to help us focus on “live music” something I know many of you truly enjoy during your cruises with us. We want to give you the chance to reconnect to the joys of hearing great live music and that’s why Bernie has joined us. Bernie worked with Hard Rock Café and Hard Rock Hotels in the development of their entertainment facilities across the country.

I will be chatting with Bernie in the days ahead and I know that he will be very interested in the comments you have made here in recent days about what you would like to see and indeed hear on board.

More details on this and the other exciting enhancements soon.

Cheers

Well, I do like the 'live music' thing. That's at least good news :)

(Maybe it's a ho-down while people dine on meatloaf on their uncovered tables :p. Just kidding... sort of. :eek:)

Edited by halos

Well, I do like the 'live music' thing. That's at least good news :)

(Maybe it's a ho-down while people dine on meatloaf on their uncovered tables :p. Just kidding... sort of. :eek:)

OMG that is funny, I just pictured it in my head

OK everyone, as Bill Belichick would say, "It is what it is". When the news comes out we'll all know......I'm sure when they FINALLY DO TELL US :mad: we're not all going to cancel or make a new booking based on a new steak or a small surcharge on different items ;). With that said, I wish they would just HURRY UP AND TELL US :eek:...lol....Love the Bernie Dillon hire. He, will, shake up the live music aspect of Carnival. :D

I am sure the changes will be brilliant.

I did hear from a friend in the know, our butcher and he did tell us that one of the changes is dinner is taking to long so they want to shorten it and at the same time eliminate one dining room and convert them into cabins.

What they will do is eliminate chairs for all of us who are able to walk into the DR.

By standing we will be getting in and out much faster and they will have 6 dinner seatings er standings.

I did hear from a friend in the know, our butcher and he did tell us that one of the changes is dinner is taking to long so they want to shorten it and at the same time eliminate one dining room and convert them into cabins.

What they will do is eliminate chairs for all of us who are able to walk into the DR.

By standing we will be getting in and out much faster and they will have 6 dinner seatings er standings.

Stu is on a roll this week :D

Stu is on a roll this week :D

I love the half serious and then the not so serious posts. Now here's more not serious gossip I've heard on the rumor mill. Carnival is going Ikea. They are just going to have all the guests build there own chairs and tables. That is how they are avoiding dry dock. So no worries unless you are one if the first sailings. Let's just hope all the parts are there. Did you also here that guys is going to be turned into a vegan restaurant only black bean patties from now on.

Edited by ToAdam12

This is really funny! :D

Did you also here that guys is going to be turned into a vegan restaurant only black bean patties from now on.

Haha my wife got all excited reading that. I had to break it to her that it was a joke. Back to plan A for her- me ordering her a burger with no pattie in Guys whilst she runs up to the fish and chips place to order the vegie fritters there. Instant vegie burger.