Allure passingers should get a credit $ for the shorter times in port

What an outrage! They should give everyone a free cruise for life for cutting the port times short by an hour or so.

On my last cruise we missed a stop in Greece due to the port closing because of wind/high seas. Maybe I should call and demand some sort of compensation as well?! :rolleyes:

What an outrage! They should give everyone a free cruise for life for cutting the port times short by an hour or so.

On my last cruise we missed a stop in Greece due to the port closing because of wind/high seas. Maybe I should call and demand some sort of compensation as well?! :rolleyes:

We missed Coco Cay on my Freedom cruise because of rough seas and you would NOT believe the lines at Guest Services of all the angry, demanding people. I felt terrible for those poor souls working behind that desk.

We missed Coco Cay on my Freedom cruise because of rough seas and you would NOT believe the lines at Guest Services of all the angry, demanding people. I felt terrible for those poor souls working behind that desk.

Oh, I believe it. I'm always shocked at what a fuss people make over the smallest things.

We should get a credit $ for the shorter time in the ports because of the problem with the ship ' date=' It is not a weather issue ..[/quote']

They should tell the passengers that they are not going to be in the ports as long as they were told when they booked it ..

Really? :o

We stayed in Key West one time until 10pm because we were about an hour late docking due to 2 other cruise ships being late in leaving. We got to spend more hours there and witnessed the Sunset Celebration, which few ships do. Anyway, I didn't see anyone at Guest Services anxious to pay Royal Caribbean for the extra time in port. :rolleyes::p

Gwen :)

We should get a credit $ for the shorter time in the ports because of the problem with the ship ' date=' It is not a weather issue ..[/quote']

Normally I just skip posts like this but this line of thinking really gets to me and had to add my two cents before moving on.

You should cancel the cruise and pick another one that meets your requirements for length of time in ports if it is such a big deal for you.

This is just part of cruising and with all of the days you have spent at sea, I would think you of all people would get that.

With this type of thinking, cruise lines will be out of business. We left a port early...give me some $, that drink wasn't to my satisfaction...give me some $, no towel animal tonight....you owe me $, that performer fell during the ice show...I need to be compensated, I felt the ship moving....that is not acceptable- pay me some $, the pool is closed due to safety reasons today- now what am I going to do- I think I will go to guest services and ask for some OBC..etc.

I long ago stopped letting little things on cruises bother me. I admit that at first I did but then I realized I was ruining my and my families hard earned vacation...now I just enjoy them as they are. In fact, last month on Oasis we had to return to Nassau when we were about two hours out for a medical emergecny and ended up getting to the next port a little late. My thought wasn't, I need to be compensated for this, it was I hope the poor person is okay because that is no way to spend a vacation.

Now, anything major happens then I would be onboard with asking for compensation but little things like leaving port a couple hours early....nah.

Sorry for the rant.

Wow, I'm not sure who is whining more, the OP or the people responding who have never done this itinerary and no plans to. :rolleyes: The OASIS class stop in Nassau is already one of the shortest and most worthless in RC's list so this just makes it worse. Personally I'd rather leave 2 hours earlier and have the full time in St Thomas that is where there are some lengthy excursions.

Actually I only came to this thread looking for another typical predictable post of little value of someone saying, "The ship is the destination!" I'm surprised it wasn't here, so I'll say it. :) The ship is the destination. To all those who have said it, I doubt RC could sell a 7 day cruise to know where. I've done Allure twice and enjoyed each port with Nassau being the least on that. Fortunately this will be resolved before I go back on Allue, 2016 at the earliest.

Edited by BillOh

umm the fine print says they can change the itinerary at any time for any reason. to include how long you are in port.

the only time you are eligible for a refund is if the port is skipped entirely. the ship pays the dame in port taxes and fees regardless of how long they are tied up.

I doubt RC could sell a 7 day cruise to know where. .

Speaking ONLY for myself of course, I wish they did offer such a cruise. I cruise to be on a ship and the ports are of the very least importance of my cruise. Honestly, I mainly just get off the ship and stick close by for an hour or so just to say ive been there.

The time spent in most any port is so little there is no way to get a true experience of where you are. If the destination was that important, Id be looking into week long all inclusives.

Again, Im speaking ONLY for myself. Id be perfectly fine on a 7 day cruise to nowhere. Especially on Allure or Oasis from what Ive seen in pictures and videos so far where truly "the ship is the destination" :D

I may not feel that I deserve a credit or refund for time missed in port, but I'll be frank, we're pretty damned pissed that we're going to have to miss our #1 favorite beach excursion, which is Blue Lagoon Island in Nassau. We looked forward to that as much if not more than anything else, and now we're s*** out of luck. The St. Thomas part isn't as big of a deal, but the fact does remain that in Nassau by removing 1 hour from the stay you are eliminating about 15% of the total port time, which is quite a bit.

Oh, and what's worse is, we can't even get our TA's excursion desk (who we booked that excursion through) to confirm that it will have to be cancelled, because if they did, I can actually move forward with buying a beach pass at one of the local hotels. Nothing like having some unexpected stressful vacatino crap to deal with right before actually going on vacation.

umm the fine print says they can change the itinerary at any time for any reason. to include how long you are in port.

the only time you are eligible for a refund is if the port is skipped entirely. the ship pays the dame in port taxes and fees regardless of how long they are tied up.

Which, you have to admit, is pretty shady, in that if they knew they were going to have to more or less skip a port, they could get off on a technicality of stopping in for 3 or 4 hours (which is pointless) and then leave, and as a result not have to refund anybody. They know what they're doing :mad:

The OASIS class stop in Nassau is already one of the shortest and most worthless in RC's list so this just makes it worse. Personally I'd rather leave 2 hours earlier and have the full time in St Thomas that is where there are some lengthy excursions.

Exactly. As much as I'd like to be able to do my Nassau excursion (which now I can't), the bottom line is, and I'm quite sure we can all agree on this, that any port stop of 6 hours (which this is going to be) is completely useless. By the time you disembark, get off the pier, get to where you're going, and then get back with plenty of time to spare before the all-aboard, you really won't be able to do much at all. The wife and I are now going to be stuck spending about $120 for 3 hours of beach time at one of the local resorts near the pier.

Speaking ONLY for myself of course, I wish they did offer such a cruise. I cruise to be on a ship and the ports are of the very least importance of my cruise. Honestly, I mainly just get off the ship and stick close by for an hour or so just to say ive been there.

The time spent in most any port is so little there is no way to get a true experience of where you are. If the destination was that important, Id be looking into week long all inclusives.

Again, Im speaking ONLY for myself. Id be perfectly fine on a 7 day cruise to nowhere. Especially on Allure or Oasis from what Ive seen in pictures and videos so far where truly "the ship is the destination" :D

I agree with exactly everything that you said with one exception. I wouldn't do the cruise to nowhere, not because of wanting to do any of the ports, but because people wouldn't get off the ship and one of the things I like most is having the ship to myself on port days...when everyone else gets off. So I would prefer a cruise to everywhere or more specifically, ports every day :D

Exactly. As much as I'd like to be able to do my Nassau excursion (which now I can't), the bottom line is, and I'm quite sure we can all agree on this, that any port stop of 6 hours (which this is going to be) is completely useless. By the time you disembark, get off the pier, get to where you're going, and then get back with plenty of time to spare before the all-aboard, you really won't be able to do much at all. The wife and I are now going to be stuck spending about $120 for 3 hours of beach time at one of the local resorts near the pier.

You know there is a beach within walking distance of the ship? Granted it is not resort quality but for a couple hours and free, it may fit your needs for that stop. They also have a stand that offers 3 beers and 3 shots for $10 if my memory serves me correctly. Anyway, you may already know about it and just chose a more upscale excursion but thought I would bring it up in case you weren't aware. I don't remember the name but there was an Oasis review this week that had pictures of it and it looked fairly decent.

Which, you have to admit, is pretty shady, in that if they knew they were going to have to more or less skip a port, they could get off on a technicality of stopping in for 3 or 4 hours (which is pointless) and then leave, and as a result not have to refund anybody. They know what they're doing :mad:

I agree ...:mad:

Why don't you spend half of that and go to the Sheraton? Their daypass used to be $25pp.....may be a little more now (but don't think so).