Rumors about January C&A changes

Karter

Paying for the luxury in one lump sum for a suite or paying for it over time through multiple cruises, it appears that RCI values people taking either tract.

As to your previous reference to an "Obamacare like entitlement", I paid for all of my cruises not someone else. Neither suite guests nor C&A guests are entitled to anything other than what RCI decides to give them in exchange for paying for a cruise with them. We are all free to decide for ourselves if what RCI provides for a cruise experience is enough to sail with them or not.

Thanks for saving me the time to type what you wrote above :D Totally agree!

Then those suites must not be so special if everything hinges on this CL.

I pay extra for the suites for all the perks. I enjoy the CL and have met so many nice peeps. Even though I'll be Diamond in January and in a GS I can guarantee that I'll most likely utilize the CL more than the DL. Flame away!

I pay extra for the suites for all the perks. I enjoy the CL and have met so many nice peeps. Even though I'll be Diamond in January and in a GS I can guarantee that I'll most likely utilize the CL more than the DL. Flame away!

Why would I flame you for stating what you enjoy? And what makes you different from people who advance to a certain C&A level for all the perks? I don't get why you don't comprehend that RCI provides to tracts to the same thing.

Whether you drive I-95 or US route 1 you can still get to Florida from New England.

Ocean boy,why not book a suite for yourself and try the experience,then make up your mind.

Because I can't sit still very long. I would not pay extra for a suite when I'd rather be spending my time on the rock wall, flowrider, or just walking around the ship. I am out of the cabin by 5 AM and except for returning for showers or clothing changes I am usually not back in it until 1-2 AM.

Because I can't sit still very long. I would not pay extra for a suite when I'd rather be spending my time on the rock wall, flowrider, or just walking around the ship. I am out of the cabin by 5 AM and except for returning for showers or clothing changes I am usually not back in it until 1-2 AM.

I'm also up at 5:00 am and in the gum by 7:00 am with the hubby. Out and about all day and dine late seating, etc. in the room by midnight. What's your point?

Ocean Boy, my point is I'm paying the premium so I expect the perks. You can be sure that if RCCL changed their suite perks, I wouldn't pay the suite rate. But to expect perks based on longevity or some loyalty program is akin to presuming that one is entitled to the perks even at the expense of those who paid for the luxury.

Same with us. We've sailed RCCL 3 times and always in suites (fourth in January).

Definitely, the CL has been super crowded the last couple of times because of D+ members. It's been kind of tough to get a seat. With respect to someone's comment about D+'s knowing how to conduct themselves... you know, if I want to hear someone boast about all of their cruises, just go up to a D+ member (I know all aren't like that, I'm being a little facetious). On the other hand, we got to sit with a pinnacle couple every night on one of our cruises and they were super pleasant.

My wife and I are almost diamond and the loyalty program is why we are sailing most exclusively with RCCL now. So the idea of having great perks as a D+ member is definitely one of the reasons why we're sticking with RCCL - but the concierge lounge is just getting untenable and I definitely think sliding people down makes a ton of sense. D+ down to the diamond lounge and diamond members perhaps able to enjoy a similar time window to enjoy drinks just not entry into the diamond lounge.

D+ members are those who have (in most cases) most of their RCCL spending behind them. Suite guests run the gambit - we're late 30's/early 40's and have many, many cruises (and spending) ahead of us. Suite guests are de-facto guests in the CL lounge (along with Pinnacle members, IMO) - everyone else is conditional in that regard. To think otherwise is delusional.

Same with us. We've sailed RCCL 3 times and always in suites (fourth in January).

Definitely, the CL has been super crowded the last couple of times because of D+ members. It's been kind of tough to get a seat. With respect to someone's comment about D+'s knowing how to conduct themselves... you know, if I want to hear someone boast about all of their cruises, just go up to a D+ member (I know all aren't like that, I'm being a little facetious). On the other hand, we got to sit with a pinnacle couple every night on one of our cruises and they were super pleasant.

My wife and I are almost diamond and the loyalty program is why we are sailing most exclusively with RCCL now. So the idea of having great perks as a D+ member is definitely one of the reasons why we're sticking with RCCL - but the concierge lounge is just getting untenable and I definitely think sliding people down makes a ton of sense. D+ down to the diamond lounge and diamond members perhaps able to enjoy a similar time window to enjoy drinks just not entry into the diamond lounge.

D+ members are those who have (in most cases) most of their RCCL spending behind them. Suite guests run the gambit - we're late 30's/early 40's and have many, many cruises (and spending) ahead of us. Suite guests are de-facto guests in the CL lounge (along with Pinnacle members, IMO) - everyone else is conditional in that regard. To think otherwise is delusional.

Agree with you.

They pay for them on Carnival (I did) and the last I heard, they have no benefits whatsoever.

Gina

One data point doesn't make a fact, but we started out on Carnival - with suites - and switched to RCCL after seeing how suites elsewhere got you something (and some really nice things such as reserved sun loungers (on Adventure it's great - at least when we went), the CL, reserved seats, etc)

You don't get jack w/ Carnival, like you say

One data point doesn't make a fact, but we started out on Carnival - with suites - and switched to RCCL after seeing how suites elsewhere got you something (and some really nice things such as reserved sun loungers (on Adventure it's great - at least when we went), the CL, reserved seats, etc)

You don't get jack w/ Carnival, like you say

What really surprised me when I booked that carnival "ocean suite" was that there was a priority guest services line - for those who cruised 10 or more times - but not for suites. :eek:

Gina

I guess some of you are missing the point. We enjoy all the perks and really enjoy the CL before late seating in the MDR. We don't book a suite to just sit in it. We're very active and don't require a lot of sleep. The suite seating in the theatre is a plus as we are usually running from one venue to another. The suite area by the pool is nice especially during sea days and there are no chairs available. Priority embarkation, tendering. Just to name a few. I must admit I like the huge bathroom and having a tub. That's why we enjoy the suites--it's an added plus when we can get a deal. If not, we book a balcony.

I get the point. And that's why we also book suites when we see the value. We don't like having to keep stepping out of each other's way when we're in the room together, too. As much as we're out of the room, we do have to be in there for some things.

Gina

Well folks. I feel this thread has run it's course. If more information comes out in the near future about changes to the loyalty program you are more than welcome to start a new thread at that time. But for now, this thread is closed. Thanks to everyone for participating.

Edited by Host Kewlguy