Rumors about January C&A changes

Karter

and most recently the changes to the loyalty program at Celebrity.

The changes at Celebrity were really minimal for existing Elites. The nightly cocktail hour remains. The main changes were adding even more benefits for the newly created higher levels.

The changes at Celebrity were really minimal for existing Elites. The nightly cocktail hour remains. The main changes were adding even more benefits for the newly created higher levels.

Access to Michael's Club is only listed for Zenith Members. Elites and Elites plus have an "Evening cocktail hour" listed as a benefit. Looks like Michael's Club is going to be used as a VIP lounge for top suites guests (PH and RS), Zenith members and other top cruisers.

True, but it looks like it will be a much steeper slope for new cruisers to progress to the upper levels unless they can afford the more expensive suites.

Edited by Don Pedro

Yes and those newly created higher levels (Elite Plus and Zenith) correspond with Royal Caribbean's Diamond Plus and Pinnacle levels.

suite guests are much more likely to ignore the dress code of the CL. D+, on the other hand, know what's expected and dress and act accordingly.
I didn't know there was a dress code for the CL. As a D+ I don't seem to know what's expected . Would you enlighten me please? Edited by cruzsnooze

I appreciate your comments and those of others,everyone is entitled to his/her opinion.We are all speculating what any possible changes may be,I suppose best thing is to wait and see if there will be any changes,there is no definite confirmation that there will be.The one thing everyone can agree on is that we all enjoy cruising with Royal Caribbean or we would be sailing with a different cruise line.
for the peacemaker, can't we all get along routine...:rolleyes::rolleyes::)

I can't tell whether you are male or female but I can certainly tell that you are pompous by this comment of yours. Silly worries indeed.

My guess is that D+ will lose access to the CL within the near future. My guess is based on first hand observation of overcrowding, comments from various Concierges regarding complaints from Suite Guests, the creation of large Diamond Lounges on newer ships and retrofitting existing ships with Diamond Lounges, the allowance of 2 bottles of carryon wine per cabin, the creation of the all you can drink packages, the experimentation with drink vouchers and most recently the changes to the loyalty program at Celebrity.

This is my guess based on my observations. You may not agree, but you do not know anything more definitive than any of us on this thread.

Pompous, hmmm...and some folks are know it all blowhards that have no facts or concrete evidence, but have "heard" things....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

1. Please tell us how you would feel if you had sailed over 40 times with Royal Caribbean and then were told that you were losing what you had earned over the years because of complaints from suite guests.

2. We are not snobs, so we mingle and chat with both suite guests and other D+ members during the week. Here's my totally non-scientific observation, based on experience... suite guests are much more likely to ignore the dress code of the CL. D+, on the other hand, know what's expected and dress and act accordingly. When I see adults show up with kids after 5PM (that means suite), the adults will often be dressed in shorts and flip flops and could care less about how they look or the expectations of being granted access to the lounge!

But the CL is really for high ticket suite guests and it is an privilege currently extended to D+ members rather than an entitlement. So one should not become too entrenched in who is or who is not suitable to use the Lounge.:rolleyes:

But the CL is really for high ticket suite guests and it is an privilege currently extended to D+ members rather than an entitlement. So one should not become too entrenched in who is or who is not suitable to use the Lounge.:rolleyes:

...but some have "earned" that "right" to camp out in the CL......

....for males black tie and Speedo and female thong bikini in black or formal colors....

BUT...............if I don't plan to eat in the MDR on formal night can I wear my flip flops with that formal black bikini before I go to the windjammer for dinner?

I guess I am ignorant but I can't distinguish suite guests from D+ people. I've been in a GS the last three cruises and have met some very congenial people. I think on Liberty a couple weeks ago I met a few people not in a GS. The way one guy talked he had to have been close to pinnacle and I mentioned this to him. He just brushed it off. We all had great conversation.

The coffee machine went out in the CL the last 3 days so I started going up to the D+ to get my lattes (several times a day) and leave. There was rarely anyone in the lounge and I will add that it was much nicer than the CL. Lots of room and a door led out to the outside. It didn't look like a makeshift bar, either.

The last couple of nights it was crowded and I can understand why some suite people would think they were being infringed upon. But it did not really bother me. The appetizers were nothing to write home about either.

I think it is very strange that suite guests are not allowed in the Diamond lounge since Diamonds are allowed in the CL. No one ever asked why I went in the Diamond Lounge.

I guess I am ignorant but I can't distinguish suite guests from D+ people. I've been in a GS the last three cruises and have met some very congenial people. I think on Liberty a couple weeks ago I met a few people not in a GS. The way one guy talked he had to have been close to pinnacle and I mentioned this to him. He just brushed it off. We all had great conversation.

The coffee machine went out in the CL the last 3 days so I started going up to the D+ to get my lattes (several times a day) and leave. There was rarely anyone in the lounge and I will add that it was much nicer than the CL. Lots of room and a door led out to the outside. It didn't look like a makeshift bar, either.

The last couple of nights it was crowded and I can understand why some suite people would think they were being infringed upon. But it did not really bother me. The appetizers were nothing to write home about either.

I think it is very strange that suite guests are not allowed in the Diamond lounge since Diamonds are allowed in the CL. No one ever asked why I went in the Diamond Lounge.

Just wondering are you Diamond or higher? If not how did you gain access into the lounge? The door is locked and access is through your sea pass card.

Pompous, hmmm...and some folks are know it all blowhards that have no facts or concrete evidence, but have "heard" things....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I am not sure why you would call someone a know it all when they are making a guess. Everything I stated is factual. These things have all occurred. My guess is only my guess, nothing know it all or blowhard about it.

Having just perused this forum, I don't understand what the quandary is all about. If you are a suite guest, you've paid the premium and should enjoy the benefits of the Concierge Lounge and whatever else RCCL provides those passengers. Stated otherwise, I've paid for the suite perks for my family so I expect the suite perks. As far as a "loyalty program," to D+ etc., RCCL is free to change the terms and conditions as it sees fit. Those D+ guests are not the beneficiaries of some kind of Obamacare-like entitlement, and thus free to choose another cruise line if they are unhappy.

Having just perused this forum, I don't understand what the quandary is all about. If you are a suite guest, you've paid the premium and should enjoy the benefits of the Concierge Lounge and whatever else RCCL provides those passengers. Stated otherwise, I've paid for the suite perks for my family so I expect the suite perks. As far as a "loyalty program," to D+ etc., RCCL is free to change the terms and conditions as it sees fit. Those D+ guests are not the beneficiaries of some kind of Obamacare-like entitlement, and thus free to choose another cruise line if they are unhappy.

RCI can also change the suite perks at any time that it chooses. Right now suite guests and certain C&A folks get the perk. And neither group has any say in what the other group gets or who they share that perk with. And, if some of the suite guest are unhappy they also have other cruise lines to choose. So what, exactly, is your point?

This is what I can't understand, the Diamond Lounge appears a much nicer venue in every way (it appears so on Liberty anyway).

I'm not welcome in either venue but if I was id be with the 'normal' Diamonds in my own lounge rather than a small internal room unless I'm missing something :confused:

Ocean Boy, my point is I'm paying the premium so I expect the perks. You can be sure that if RCCL changed their suite perks, I wouldn't pay the suite rate. But to expect perks based on longevity or some loyalty program is akin to presuming that one is entitled to the perks even at the expense of those who paid for the luxury.

Ocean Boy, my point is I'm paying the premium so I expect the perks. You can be sure that if RCCL changed their suite perks, I wouldn't pay the suite rate. But to expect perks based on longevity or some loyalty program is akin to presuming that one is entitled to the perks even at the expense of those who paid for the luxury.

I agree. If RC would take the CL away from suite passengers I highly doubt many would pay the extra for the suites. I wouldn't!

Paying for the luxury in one lump sum for a suite or paying for it over time through multiple cruises, it appears that RCI values people taking either tract.

As to your previous reference to an "Obamacare like entitlement", I paid for all of my cruises not someone else. Neither suite guests nor C&A guests are entitled to anything other than what RCI decides to give them in exchange for paying for a cruise with them. We are all free to decide for ourselves if what RCI provides for a cruise experience is enough to sail with them or not.