Rumors about January C&A changes

Karter

What if RC removed all of the seats? No more bickering:D

Add 2 more bartenders turn on the dance music and "LET'S ALL DANCE"

JK

We just became Diamond but have enjoyed the CL on our last cruise as we were in a GS. I don't think I sat down for more than a minute in the 8 nights ( EB TA last April). I wanted to meet all of the famous D+ and P cruisers to hear their might tales of traveling the deep blue sea:rolleyes:

Celebrity is using Michaels Club, which ordinarily is a pub during the daytime and late evening hours, and converting it from 4pm - 8:00 pm (or whatever the new hours are) into a club for their top cruises.

What am I missing here? The last two times on Celebrity Summit, the Elite Event was held in a large lounge area on an upper deck. Michael's Club had been converted into a Beer Pub and was used for that only.

I am also in agreement. They need to have larger venues with more staff to accommodate everybody. The lack of space is causing problems. Both suite guests and D+/p have the benefit. The problem is not too many D+/P or suite guests...It is poor planning by rccl to comfortably accommodate their guests.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

I am also in agreement. They need to have larger venues with more staff to accommodate everybody. The lack of space is causing problems. Both suite guests and D+/p have the benefit. The problem is not too many D+/P or suite guests...It is poor planning by rccl to comfortably accommodate their guests.

Response to 695..new to cc :-)

Conjecture, lording-over, guesswork, entitlement, bickering, class warfare, and directorship. And not one official word from RCI.

You'd think half of the posters owned the company.

Teddie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I couldn't agree more, the posts on this thread are too funny. We'll be Diamond after our next cruise, but whenever we're Diamond, Diamond +, or Pinnacle we'll really care less about a few free drinks in a lounge. Anyone who can afford to cruise enough to achieve these levels, it's hilarious they get so worked up about a few free drinks to hang out in a lounge where half the people are apparently full of themselves about their "status":rolleyes: I'd rather drink where I want when I want and not deal with a bunch of "elites" who want to hog chairs in their precious lounge. Schooner bar and other places are I'm sure more pleasant places to hang out. 700 posts is all it takes to convince me of this:D

Edited by bouhunter

So who actually believes that the D+ will have access to the CL on Royal Caribbean much longer? I am D+ so I am not hoping this happens I just think it will.
We had just made Diamond when Royal Caribbean kicked the Diamonds out of the CL. We will make Diamond+ after our Christmas cruise. If our bad luck holds, you can pretty much figure that Diamond+ will be kicked out of the CL.

I really don't get some of this issue at all. If someone decides to park themselves in the solarium or by the pool or in the Cafe Promenade or the Pub all day and others can't get a seat that is how it goes. There may be a time limit to leaving the chair you are using vacant but there is no limit on how long you can park yourself in it. You don't get a seat even though you are "entitled" to one because you paid your cruise fare. The key is that you are entitled to a seat IF one is available. No one is going into these lounges and throwing a towel on a chair to reserve it for the day. They are either sitting in the chair using it or they are not and the chair is available. Why does this concept of sharing apply to the special lounges and not anywhere else on the ship?

On the Vision Trans-Atlantic we were taking afternoon coffee in the CL - Then approx 16.30 the door opened and 3 people entered (Formal Dress)- went straight down to the front of the Lounge [by the window] and started moving armchairs and tables to make a display for 6 with two tables all facing the sea - Then entered three more people [Formal Dress - 1 displaying a large lapel display of medals] - all took their seats in the a new arrangement of 6 - and here was the surprise, at approx 16.40 the Concierge commenced serving the 6 drinks. - :eek:

We left and returned, dressed for Dinner at approx 20.00 to find the six still in situ.;)

Did you ever think they have a plan and just not one you would like??

If you think of it through the eyes of a business person, opening up larger venues, which are now closed to paying customers, and now needing more staff to hand out free stuff may not be the way they think to cure the overcrowding issue.

But-happy Thanksgiving all. Let's put this in focus. Is anyone going to give Thanks today because they have access to the CL??

I couldn't agree more, the posts on this thread are too funny. We'll be Diamond after our next cruise, but whenever we're Diamond, Diamond +, or Pinnacle we'll really care less about a few free drinks in a lounge. Anyone who can afford to cruise enough to achieve these levels, it's hilarious they get so worked up about a few free drinks to hang out in a lounge where half the people are apparently full of themselves about their "status":rolleyes: I'd rather drink where I want when I want and not deal with a bunch of "elites" who want to hog chairs in their precious lounge. Schooner bar and other places are I'm sure more pleasant places to hang out. 700 posts is all it takes to convince me of this:D

That's why I think the voucher system would be great. We would love a free drink at the bar of our choice rather than go to the DL/CL. Our last cruise on Liberty had so many Ds/D+s that they had to open the Sphinx lounge for the D's (over a 1000 Ds!) and have the D+s/Ps and Suite Guests in the Viking Crown. It was loud & packed! Very difficult to find a seat. You could also go into the DL which had very few people in it, much quieter & relaxing. Do you think that was because people wanted to be out in the big lounge where they could be seen?:D:D

Sherri:)

Did you ever think they have a plan and just not one you would like??

If you think of it through the eyes of a business person, opening up larger venues, which are now closed to paying customers, and now needing more staff to hand out free stuff may not be the way they think to cure the overcrowding issue.

But-happy Thanksgiving all. Let's put this in focus. Is anyone going to give Thanks today because they have access to the CL??

Considering all the cost saving that rccl has already implemented I am sure you are correct. When cruising in the navigator we has a royal suite and could not access cl (too many people). I said who cares about a free drink let's go to the viking lounge and buy a drink. We waited for service and nobody came. Went up to bar and bartender said wait for a server...who never came. These cost savings are throughout the ships. The one solution is charge more money for the cruise.

Yes, that is exactly the way it worked……BUT…...

One of the problems is that many who decided to sit in the Viking Crown came into the Diamond Lounge and formed a line (often out the door) to get unlimited drinks and take them back to the Viking Crown. This resulted in the bartender/servers assigned to the Diamond Lounge having to mix drinks for those who were sitting in the Viking Crown and severely decreasing the service to those who where seated in the Diamond Lounge. Had the drink vouchers been offered in a higher number it may have prevented the long DL lines.

I must highly praise Mel, the Diamond Concierge. She worked almost constantly as a bartender/waiter to help with the pressure on the assigned bar staff. She is FANTASTIC, not just for her service but also for her wonderful personality.

My experience on past cruises when they opened up the entire Viking Crown as an expanded Diamond Lounge was that service was much better and there were no people lining up in long lines to obtain a drink. My preference is to open the Viking Crown or some other suitable area when overflow space is needed and use the same guidelines as the DL or CL.

My experience on the ID was that regardless of the venue we visited during the "happy hour" time we received EXCELLENT service because we tipped nicely on a daily basis starting from day one. Socially, when using the other lounges we felt totally different than we do in the DL or Cl unless we happened to see someone we knew and there were seats available with them.

There is a lot of merit to the voucher system but there are also problems. Could the system work with some adjustments? Most likely.

Would I prefer to sit in one of the regular bars/lounges during the voucher hours? NO because I would not likely meet the FANTASTIC seasoned cruisers who frequent the DL and CL. Over the years I gained an excellent cruising education from those C&A members who were more experienced than I... I would like to continue with the present mode of DL/CL cruising.

My sentiments exactly here....the comraderie that you develop over the years and cruises with fellow Pinnacle and D+ members is priceless and the friendships that we have developed and nurtured over the years has been wonderful, hence the CL and DL venues are a wonderful part of our cruise experience. Can honestly say have only come into contact with one single couple who I distance myself from in the CL lounge over the years....K.O....:)

I also think it is funny everytime someone posts about people grabbing seats at 4pm or people staying for 3 hours long. Someone would only know that if they were parked in the chair beside these people or spends 3 hours going in and out policing who if doing what.:rolleyes:.

Actually, this is exactly what happened (to our amusement) on several cruises in recent years. We always eat dinner late, so we would go into the CL or overflow lounge when it opened at 5PM to get a diet coke and a glass of wine. Then, we would come back before late seating to get a pre-dinner drink and appetizers, and there the same people would be occupying the same seats for 3 hours! One group was exceptionally noisy and annoying. Security had to talk with them when they started giving each other lap dances one evening.

I think that from time to time we all post something on these boards that may portray ourselves in a poor light and different from who we are. But over time there is a pattern that emerges in posts and I think most people's real personalities show through over time. I suspect some folks are just as popmous in person as the vibe that they give through their posts.
OB I think your observations are spot on. Why I continue to have a dialogue with certain posters is no one's fault but my own..:( If I can ignore a pompous couple in the CL why can't I ignore someone on CC???...I'll have to work on that!....K.O.;)

I really don't get some of this issue at all. If someone decides to park themselves in the solarium or by the pool or in the Cafe Promenade or the Pub all day and others can't get a seat that is how it goes. There may be a time limit to leaving the chair you are using vacant but there is no limit on how long you can park yourself in it. You don't get a seat even though you are "entitled" to one because you paid your cruise fare. The key is that you are entitled to a seat IF one is available. No one is going into these lounges and throwing a towel on a chair to reserve it for the day. They are either sitting in the chair using it or they are not and the chair is available. Why does this concept of sharing apply to the special lounges and not anywhere else on the ship?

One difference between the other venues and the CL is that, if one wants a cocktail or soda before dinner and can't get it in the CL or the overflow venue, then one must pay for it elsewhere on the ship. Somebody sitting at the pool or in the Solarium all day doesn't cost another cruiser any money.

The problem I see with creating ever-larger venues is that then new cruisers, Golds and Platinums are squeezed out of venues that they might like to use (and pay to drink in). As an example, Jewel OTS uses the VCL as the Diamond Event, and only D and up are allowed in. On my cruises last winter, the DE was virtually deserted, and I have to think that there were other cruisers who would have liked to go up and enjoy a cocktail with a great view. They had also created an overflow for the CL in the Hollywood Odyssey, and there were never more than a dozen people on there, either. One would think that they could have combined the two venues, allowed pax with CL privileges to show their cards for whatever drinks they were entitled to and let everybody have at the hors d'oeuvres (I never spell that correctly). Then there would be a nice public space for other pax to enjoy and some revenue to be had to boot.

But I agree about the poor planning. I wonder who at RCI is in charge of the 10-year plan.

Time to cook. Hope everybody in the US has a great Thanksgiving Day!

Just talked to dh if the concierge club or Diamond lounge are crowded we will go to a bar and buy a drink it is not worth the Hassel we are on vacation:-) Hope everybody had a great thanksgiving/chanukah

So who actually believes that the D+ will have access to the CL on Royal Caribbean much longer? I am D+ so I am not hoping this happens I just think it will.
And "actually" you will have access to the CL lounge, so relax and don't let certain know it alls, or "rumors" influence your silly worries...:rolleyes:

Security had to talk with them when they started giving each other lap dances one evening.

Now that is a first...Lap Dancing ! Do they need to hold on to their canes while doing this. Oh, the nighmares !!:eek:

............check out the STD rates at older developments such as the Villages and you will see some that amaze you.....God bless that little blue pill...................:eek::eek::eek:

Conjecture, lording-over, guesswork, entitlement, bickering, class warfare, and directorship. And not one official word from RCI.

You'd think half of the posters owned the company.

Teddie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

CC should set up a like/dislike button

this comment is a like

What am I missing here? The last two times on Celebrity Summit, the Elite Event was held in a large lounge area on an upper deck. Michael's Club had been converted into a Beer Pub and was used for that only.

It's changing. Now only Zenith level will have access to Michael's Club for cocktails. Elite Plus and Elite will now have a cocktail hour. No mention of where the cocktail hour will be held but most likely it will be the Sky lounge.

And "actually" you will have access to the CL lounge, so relax and don't let certain know it alls, or "rumors" influence your silly worries...:rolleyes:

Actually-you have no more validity to your statement then any other posters statements here because:

General Terms & Conditions

Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. has the right to terminate the Crown & Anchor Society® Program ("the Program") or to change the Terms and Conditions of participation and benefits, in whole or in part; at any time without notice.