Rumors about January C&A changes

Karter

wow - this is only my views as to what i would like to see---

it is not gospel, straight from RCL, will definitely happen, or written in stone.

what i would like to see in the upcoming changes:

keep the CL only for suite guests. (grand and above)

do away with drinks in the dia lounge (not the lounge, only the free drinks) and go to drinks as follows;

dia members 25% off drink package

dia+ members 50% off drink package

new status between dia+ and pinnacle (if it happens)--75% off drink package

pinnacle members free drink package.

again, this is what I would like to see. it is only my thoughts.

if it offended anyone i truly apologize. but someone told me when I was a diamond member. "if you want more perks, cruise more"

i found this to be true...

So basically take away almost everything from everybody below pinnacle and then give the pinnacle's free beverages all the time.

You can also have 5 to ten! Seriously, from experience, there is no way there would be 100+ suite guests in the CL. That's folly!

The suggestion to limit the CL to only suite guests was ludicrous and pretentious!

I like you.....Good point!:)

wow - this is only my views as to what i would like to see---

it is not gospel, straight from RCL, will definitely happen, or written in stone.

what i would like to see in the upcoming changes:

keep the CL only for suite guests. (grand and above)

do away with drinks in the dia lounge (not the lounge, only the free drinks) and go to drinks as follows;

dia members 25% off drink package

dia+ members 50% off drink package

new status between dia+ and pinnacle (if it happens)--75% off drink package

pinnacle members free drink package.

again, this is what I would like to see. it is only my thoughts.

if it offended anyone i truly apologize. but someone told me when I was a diamond member. "if you want more perks, cruise more"

i found this to be true...

A lot of us don't or can't drink enough to get our money's worth out of a drinks package. My husband and I have a couple of diet Cokes during the day and 2-3 glasses of wine in the Diamond lounge before dinner. A drinks package would not be economical for us. WE don't spend our entire evening before dinner in the lounge - only about an hour before our late seating dinner for some wine and the hor's d'heurves.

A lot of us don't or can't drink enough to get our money's worth out of a drinks package. My husband and I have a couple of diet Cokes during the day and 2-3 glasses of wine in the Diamond lounge before dinner. A drinks package would not be economical for us. WE don't spend our entire evening before dinner in the lounge - only about an hour before our late seating dinner for some wine and the hor's d'heurves.

Agree, the drink packages are not the solution for everyone. However with D+ getting the premium drink package for $32.50 a day pp. It is not a bad value. I like the better wines and could easily get my monies worth. To me the social aspect of the lounge increases the valuable of the drinks served there.

By reading all the posts it seems one thing is true...most everybody agrees the CL and DL can become very crowded and are only going to get more crowded as time goes on. How rccl deals with it is a mystery. I hope whatever they decide that the majority of c&a members are satisfied

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Geez as if we need you to admit you stretch the truth to the point of silliness.

jc

Not at all silly! The CL on MOST ships would be a vast wasteland with only suite guests there.

And please explain how you would deal with the hordes of D+ members who would be totally angry and offended because they lost their access.

Folks, what phish tales is advocating is not going to happen... your free drinks are safe. No need to spend 3 pages arguing about it! ;)

Good point.

Yogi, if there is a problem with over crowding in the Concierge lounge, then the Diamond Plus would be the logical people to kick out. The Pinnacles are a small number and their name is not diamond. Then the people who are really paying the freight on the concierge lounge are the people who are paying multiple thousands per person for a week and they clearly deserve some love from the cruise line. I have noticed lots of places on the ship that at various times of the days are empty of activity. I don't think an empty CL is a reason per se to fill it up. Especially, if filling it up with slobbering diamond pluses degrade the time for the suite passengers who are truly by any standard deserving of it.

The poor Diamond + people will have to slum with the lowly diamonds until they throw the lowly diamonds out of the diamond lounge.

Again, everything is just rumor and I wanna garbage on this thread. So, why don't we let time tell us what is really going to happen?

jc

PS, I have never booked a suite not even a lowly jr. suite. I have never really seen the need to. I do like a balcony, and have even had one of those giant freedom corner aft balconies. I could easily afford to book any cabin on the ship, but have never seen any reason too. Certainly, not for 3 hours of alcohol in a tiny cabin with no view (as I understand most CLs are).

That said if it makes you and Phish happy to be in the CL, then more power to you. I hope they don't kick you out. That said, the reality is what the reality is. Not what any of us want it to be....

Wish in one and hand and s... in the other.... which is reality?:D

jc

Geez.

This is sounding more and more like a Royal snob-fest. I'll take what they give me, and be happy. I remember the first time I walked into the Priority Boarding lounge--I got looked up and down by a number of snooty people, as if questioning what I was doing there. Hopefully, I will not be greeted with more of same in whatever venue I find myself.

I am disgusted.

Night, all.

Teddie

Geez.

This is sounding more and more like a Royal snob-fest. I'll take what they give me, and be happy. I remember the first time I walked into the Priority Boarding lounge--I got looked up and down by a number of snooty people, as if questioning what I was doing there. Hopefully, I will not be greeted with more of same in whatever venue I find myself.

I am disgusted.

Night, all.

Teddie

Unfortunately, some people seem to have an issue with some passengers, who they feel to be beneath them, getting some perks from RCI.

I have never run into people like this in the Windjammer or when I've been in line for the flow rider or rock walls. Maybe I'll stick with hanging around those venues.

I just don't like people that forget where they have been and once they make a certain level want to get rid of some of the benefits they enjoyed themselves

I wonder if they are so pompous in person:rolleyes:

I just don't like people that forget where they have been and once they make a certain level want to get rid of some of the benefits they enjoyed themselves

I wonder if they are so pompous in person:rolleyes:

The world is full of such people. They want to slam the door shut in our face as soon as they pass through the doorway.

Geez.

I am disgusted.

Night, all.

Teddie

We started our cruising life, in 2004 when we went with friends on Navigator; this was an outrageous event...balcony cabin wonderful experience; our friends handled all of the booking, we knew nothing. Loved it...went with friends that we had not seen in quite a while since we had relocated from NJ to FL. What I noticed is some 'snobbery' while on board, but did not understand enough about it. One of the couples that we were with, had cruised a few times already, and had some perks we did not....bathrobes; small perk, but nice touch.

What I have learned is that no matter how many perks someone has, or extra privileges, there still is not reason for snobby. The entertainment and activities are all the same and available to all; the food is the same, and everyone has the ability to take advantage of the Specialty Restaurants if they choose too -- from the start, every one just wants a GREAT vacation -- whatever that means to each cruiser.

And behind the cabin door, the only thing that is different is the size of the cabin -- they all have sleeping accommodations, A/C, bathroom with shower, and availability to call room service.

I am Loyal to Royal, because I have a great vacation for a fair price. The perks they provide are nice, but I am not 'perk driven'.

Teddie, I hope to meet you in the Priority Boarding area one day...I will look like just a common person, who loves to talk with everyone who is within 3 feet of me, so I can say hello and hope they have a great time.

Edited by Paulette3028

Agree, the drink packages are not the solution for everyone. However with D+ getting the premium drink package for $32.50 a day pp. It is not a bad value. I like the better wines and could easily get my monies worth. To me the social aspect of the lounge increases the valuable of the drinks served there.

where are you finding this drink package price at? I am D+ and only seeing 55 bucks a person for premium drink....I am sure not paying that...now 32.50 you have my attention

"slobbering diamond pluses"?

Sigh!

Your level please, xp... a bit of jealousy perhaps. because it isn't in tune with reality!

Zero, jealousy here. I am just reading Phish's and your comments, and figuring out the feelings expressed. Kind of sad, I agree.

jc

Unfortunately, some people seem to have an issue with some passengers, who they feel to be beneath them, getting some perks from RCI.

I have never run into people like this in the Windjammer or when I've been in line for the flow rider or rock walls. Maybe I'll stick with hanging around those venues.

OB, I am begging join me in January, we can surf and rock climb. I suck at rock climbing, but am tolerable at surfing. I have to put a face to our relationship of most of a decade....

jc

where are you finding this drink package price at? I am D+ and only seeing 55 bucks a person for premium drink....I am sure not paying that...now 32.50 you have my attention

I was using Phish's suggestion that would give D+ members 50% off the drink program. Not that I think that will ever happen. According to a couple threads concerning the new drink packages there will a $55 and $65 package. The $65 package includes wine up to $12 per glass. Under the new program not everyone in the cabin has to purchase it. Since we have DL / CL access, like you, I probably wouldn't be interested the drink program. Although I may do it when I sail on the Majesty.