Rumors about January C&A changes

Karter

No, free booze for too many people is causing problems. Doesn't seem to be much problem with overcrowding otherwise. My solution: suite guests and Pinnacle get CL and free booze. They've paid/earned it. D/D+ get DL and free non-alcoholic. Overcrowding during happy hour would vanish, plus there would be more revenue from alcohol sales, increasing the bottom line.

For the record, I'm D+ and not a teatotaler, so I too would be among those losing access and drinks. I wouldn't suggest a solution that takes away benefits if I wasn't subject to losing them myself.

Your a great humanitarian....:rolleyes:

No, free booze for too many people is causing problems. Doesn't seem to be much problem with overcrowding otherwise. My solution: suite guests and Pinnacle get CL and free booze. They've paid/earned it. D/D+ get DL and free non-alcoholic. Overcrowding during happy hour would vanish, plus there would be more revenue from alcohol sales, increasing the bottom line.

For the record, I'm D+ and not a teatotaler, so I too would be among those losing access and drinks. I wouldn't suggest a solution that takes away benefits if I wasn't subject to losing them myself.

best idea in this thread. i hope RCL agrees with it and let us all move on.

Why does this thread still have legs?--Haven' we covered all of the good, the bad & the ugly side of people ideas & opinions. Can't wait till January to find out if anything will change, and then--OMG! if anything dramatic occurs.

Why does this thread still have legs?--Haven' we covered all of the good, the bad & the ugly side of people ideas & opinions. Can't wait till January to find out if anything will change, and then--OMG! if anything dramatic occurs.

...a lot of times "the more things change the more they stay the same"...a lot of blustering and threats but little action....

As a Royal Caribbean guest who has booked several cruises staying in a Grand suite/Owner's suite,I do get angry that Diamond plus members are permitted to use the Concierge lounge as there simply is not enough room.I have lost count of the number of times I have gone to spend some time there and have had to leave as there has been no available seating due to the huge number of Diamond plus members.Whilst I appreciate that frequent cruisers should be rewarded in some manner for their loyalty to a particular cruise line,the current policy in effect will discourage guests from booking a Grand Suite or above as they are paying for certain benefits they are at times unable to take advantage of.It is also important to remember that Diamond guests also have their own allocated lounge,this being out of bounds to Suite guests,unless they have also reached Diamond plus level or above.I have also found that it is difficult at times to converse with the Concierge when the lounge is so busy.I would personally be delighted if Royal Caribbean would revoke the use of the Concierge lounge to Diamond plus guests.For those of you Diamond plus guests who don't agree with me,my response would be to tell you to book a suite and pay for added benefits and think about how you feel when at times you are not able to take advantage of the Concierge lounge facilities.

As a Royal Caribbean guest who has booked several cruises staying in a Grand suite/Owner's suite,I do get angry that Diamond plus members are permitted to use the Concierge lounge as there simply is not enough room.I have lost count of the number of times I have gone to spend some time there and have had to leave as there has been no available seating due to the huge number of Diamond plus members.Whilst I appreciate that frequent cruisers should be rewarded in some manner for their loyalty to a particular cruise line,the current policy in effect will discourage guests from booking a Grand Suite or above as they are paying for certain benefits they are at times unable to take advantage of.It is also important to remember that Diamond guests also have their own allocated lounge,this being out of bounds to Suite guests,unless they have also reached Diamond plus level or above.I have also found that it is difficult at times to converse with the Concierge when the lounge is so busy.I would personally be delighted if Royal Caribbean would revoke the use of the Concierge lounge to Diamond plus guests.For those of you Diamond plus guests who don't agree with me,my response would be to tell you to book a suite and pay for added benefits and think about how you feel when at times you are not able to take advantage of the Concierge lounge facilities.

Nope, it appears that the same things still need to be rehashed a few more times.

It is comments like these that will eventually lead to the contraction of D/D+ perks. Fortunately most suite guests do not voice the same anger at Royal's treatment of its most loyal cruisers. In fact, aside from the overcrowding issue, most suite guests enjoy sharing the CL with D+ and P members.

I beg to differ with you,I have spoken to a high number of Suite guests who share the same opinion I do.One of the biggest complaints that each Concierge receives on any cruise is regards to the lack of space in a lounge caused by

the high number of Diamond plus guests.For a Diamond plus guest to change to a different cruise line if he/she feels that upcoming Crown & Anchor changes will prove to have a negative effect on their benefits with Royal Caribbean,let us remember that other cruise lines are also taking review of their loyalty programmes.The current loyalty system as it stands is costing Royal Caribbean too much regarding alcohol expenditure.which,judging by some comments,appears to be the major factor in Diamond plus members fearing Crown & Anchor changes(if this is going to happen).

Mr. Vegas29:

How do you know that the CL is overcrowded with D+ passengers? It might be all the suite guests in there, too, since many suites are booked by multiple adults sharing the cost.

Speaking of cost: I wonder if you realize that D+ and P members HAVE paid for the benefits by the many, many thousands of dollars they have also paid to RCCL. In our case many, many thousands of dollars over many, many years.

I have actually avoided the CL on many cruises because it's too busy, but I certainly don't "profile" who is in there occupying the seat I "may" have occupied. I just come back at a less busy time. During the evening happy hour, the lounge pretty much empties just before first and just before second seating. You might try that next time.

I feel sorry for folks like yourself.....:rolleyes::rolleyes:...And your argument has "zero" merit regarding the GS, they sell out on 99% of RCL sailings. Can't converse in the lounge....speak up man...:rolleyes: Truly a foolish post.

If the only thing the suite passengers have to talk about in the lounge is the number of diamond + passengers then they must be one entertaining group to hang out with.... not. It sort of reminds me of poor old Jack Dawson eating dinner on the Titanic at that table of first class passengers.

Edited by Ocean Boy

I beg to differ with you,I have spoken to a high number of Suite guests who share the same opinion I do.One of the biggest complaints that each Concierge receives on any cruise is regards to the lack of space in a lounge caused by

the high number of Diamond plus guests.For a Diamond plus guest to change to a different cruise line if he/she feels that upcoming Crown & Anchor changes will prove to have a negative effect on their benefits with Royal Caribbean,let us remember that other cruise lines are also taking review of their loyalty programmes.The current loyalty system as it stands is costing Royal Caribbean too much regarding alcohol expenditure.which,judging by some comments,appears to be the major factor in Diamond plus members fearing Crown & Anchor changes(if this is going to happen).

Always book a suite and have met some of the most friendly and interesting D+ and Pinnacle members in the CL over the years. And the biggest complaints I've ever heard in the CL from D+ and Pinnacle members are the not so seasoned cruisers in Suites that are loud and obnoxious and very opinionated, oh and by the way have no clue what drinks in the CL or DL "costs" RCL......:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

How do you know it empties just before each sitting?,don't you eat dinner?.It is a fact that the Concierge lounge is pretty much empty at breakfast,probably because there is minimal amount of breakfast items on offer,not like on the evening when there is pretty much a freebie alcohol fest.The reason I know which guests are Suite or Diamond plus is that Suite guests are allocated a speciality restaurant to enjoy breakfast and lunch,so you get to know which category each guest belongs to.This is one perk that Diamond plus guests do not have access to.Furthermore,I have already stated that there should be a loyalty programme for cruise lines to reward frequent cruisers,but as I have also stated,the space allocated for a Concierge lounge is too small.Royal Caribbean has realised this is a real problem and one which is only going to worsen with an ever increasing number of guests reaching Diamond plus status.

With all due respect regarding your opinion of Diamond Plus guests to book a suite to get the added benefit of the concierge lounge, I think it is also crucial to add up the amount I have PAID to become D+ on RCL. We do not cruise in interior or ocean views, and in the last several years have mostly stayed in Junior Suites, a couple of Grand Suites and one Owners Suite (which we all paid for, no free upgrades.).

Now, I did some research on this. We have been cruising since 1990, but I only have records from 2006 to Present in terms of invoices. Since becoming Diamond Plus in 2007, I have spent over $130,000 with RCL. Now personally, I believe that should allow me access to the concierge lounge during my sailings in addition to the suite guests onboard paying a large amount for their cruise as well. That's why the lounge is there - to give a benefit to those people onboard who have spent lots of money with RCL - either through the purchase of a deluxe suite onboard or ultra frequent cruisers who spend a great deal per year on RCL cruises.

It's just an opinion. Nothing more, nothing less. RCL is looking at solutions to alleviate this crowding on some cruises through the introduction of drink vouchers for guests to use at bars and lounges throughout the ships as well as overflow lounges. The concierge lounge may eventually be gold card access only and Diamond plus will transfer over to the Diamond lounge. Sadly, the big losers are Diamond members once again.

I appreciate your comments and those of others,everyone is entitled to his/her opinion.We are all speculating what any possible changes may be,I suppose best thing is to wait and see if there will be any changes,there is no definite confirmation that there will be.The one thing everyone can agree on is that we all enjoy cruising with Royal Caribbean or we would be sailing with a different cruise line.

I appreciate your comments and those of others,everyone is entitled to his/her opinion.We are all speculating what any possible changes may be,I suppose best thing is to wait and see if there will be any changes,there is no definite confirmation that there will be.The one thing everyone can agree on is that we all enjoy cruising with Royal Caribbean or we would be sailing with a different cruise line.

Well said.

Just love your British humor !:mad:

I would personally be delighted if Royal Caribbean would revoke the use of the Concierge lounge to Diamond plus guests.For those of you Diamond plus guests who don't agree with me,my response would be to tell you to book a suite and pay for added benefits and think about how you feel when at times you are not able to take advantage of the Concierge lounge facilities.

1. Please tell us how you would feel if you had sailed over 40 times with Royal Caribbean and then were told that you were losing what you had earned over the years because of complaints from suite guests.

2. We are not snobs, so we mingle and chat with both suite guests and other D+ members during the week. Here's my totally non-scientific observation, based on experience... suite guests are much more likely to ignore the dress code of the CL. D+, on the other hand, know what's expected and dress and act accordingly. When I see adults show up with kids after 5PM (that means suite), the adults will often be dressed in shorts and flip flops and could care less about how they look or the expectations of being granted access to the lounge!

Here's my totally non-scientific observation, based on experience... suite guests are much more likely to ignore the dress code of the CL. D+, on the other hand, know what's expected and dress and act accordingly. When I see adults show up with kids after 5PM (that means suite), the adults will often be dressed in shorts and flip flops and could care less about how they look or the expectations of being granted access to the lounge!

OMG!! :eek::eek:

1. Please tell us how you would feel if you had sailed over 40 times with Royal Caribbean and then were told that you were losing what you had earned over the years because of complaints from suite guests.

!

..."earned"?......very insightful............;):cool:

1. Please tell us how you would feel if you had sailed over 40 times/years with Royal Caribbean and then were told that you were losing what you had earned over the years because of complaints from suite guests.

I resemble that statement!! Agree with you, too.

And "actually" you will have access to the CL lounge, so relax and don't let certain know it alls, or "rumors" influence your silly worries...:rolleyes:

I can't tell whether you are male or female but I can certainly tell that you are pompous by this comment of yours. Silly worries indeed.

My guess is that D+ will lose access to the CL within the near future. My guess is based on first hand observation of overcrowding, comments from various Concierges regarding complaints from Suite Guests, the creation of large Diamond Lounges on newer ships and retrofitting existing ships with Diamond Lounges, the allowance of 2 bottles of carryon wine per cabin, the creation of the all you can drink packages, the experimentation with drink vouchers and most recently the changes to the loyalty program at Celebrity.

This is my guess based on my observations. You may not agree, but you do not know anything more definitive than any of us on this thread.