NCL back to South America

Rob1eddy

Can't wait for tomorrow to come. Just hope they don't change their minds on the release dates. Have found out in the past couple of days that Royal is returning to do 14 day ATH sailings in South America also, so that means 5 lines for me to pick from. Hope that means that the itinerary is profitable to all the lines and that they may get competitive on pricing.

Not showing up on the NCL site as of yet.

It's strange, I can book on an online TA but I see nothing regarding the SA cruises on the NCL website. Even after logging in with my Lat#.

Hope they update their website soon cuz we only have a few days to get this booked... :D

Just got off the phone with NCL CC. Booked. He didn't know when the site would be updated but you can make your reservations by phone now. Enjoy :)

Can you give details on what you booked? My PCC said the VP told him nothing will be available today:confused:

Cancelled. It's not showing as available now. PCC says he'll call when it's back & bookable again.

jvsnana - it's currently not available for booking. Don't know why. PCC say's he'll check everyday and call when it's back.

So what is the consensus now. May to book a South American trip? I didn't re-read the messages to see where the April 15 date came from, but was that just a rumor?

No, not rumour at all, however, new NCL website could be causing a problem. Who knows, not holding my breathe.

Here's the official news release website:

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/pressroom/pressRelease.html?storyCode=PR_031214A

Open for Sale

Norwegian Escape's itineraries will open for Travel Partners to book groups on March 19, for Latitudes Rewards Members on March 25 and to the general public on March 26, 2014. The remaining winter itineraries will be open for Travel Partners to book groups starting April 8, for Latitudes Rewards Members on April 15 and to the general public on April 16, 2014.

No, not rumour at all, however, new NCL website could be causing a problem. Who knows, not holding my breathe.

Here's the official news release website:

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/pressroom/pressRelease.html?storyCode=PR_031214A

Open for Sale

Norwegian Escape's itineraries will open for Travel Partners to book groups on March 19, for Latitudes Rewards Members on March 25 and to the general public on March 26, 2014. The remaining winter itineraries will be open for Travel Partners to book groups starting April 8, for Latitudes Rewards Members on April 15 and to the general public on April 16, 2014.

I have to say that this morning I am extremely disappointed in Norwegian for how they have handled their "Press Release" reporting of availability of South American bookings on the Sun. I called the NCL line yesterday to discuss itineraries and pricing on the Sun for 2016 South American sailings. The agent I was talking to had NO IDEA about them whatsoever. I told her that NCL's Press Room had even released a press release on March 12 that included a small paragraph about the Sun being "Open For Sale" to Latitudes members yesterday, the 15th, and to the general public on the 16th. She put me on hold for quite a while to discuss it with her supervisor, and they had absolutely no information. In fact, she asked me to personally email her the press release, THEY I GOT FROM THEIR WEBSITE. At this point, no one seems to have any verified information about when these will be released, and in the meantime, other lines are now booking and filling these itineraries. As I said, pretty disappointed in NCL...pretty disappointed...

Apparently they are still tweaking some dry dock dates for the Sun and the Spirit. They don't want to open the itineraries for booking and then have to cancel some sailings and have to deal with displaced passengers. The good news is that it seems we'll have a freshly refurbished Sun for South America.:D

Apparently they are still tweaking some dry dock dates for the Sun and the Spirit. They don't want to open the itineraries for booking and then have to cancel some sailings and have to deal with displaced passengers. The good news is that it seems we'll have a freshly refurbished Sun for South America.:D

Interesting info Capp. Surprising that the representative and supervisor couldn't tell me anything like that yesterday. I'll have to see how much patience I can muster up.

Thanks for the information. We are waiting as well. We have emailed our PCC expressing our interest. A fresh new Sun is great news.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Time to add my 2 cents worth, called my PCC yesterday and he couldn't get the SA either. I was at the webinar when they announced that it would be open to latitudes members on the 15th and the general public on the 16th. What's up with this - I cancelled our Baltics cruise in favor of the SA itinerary.

Thanks for posting this information Mimi. My TA talked to NCL yesterday about the Sun 2016 South America itineraries and found out about the dry dock as well. I'm thrilled the Sun will be freshened up and will hopefully have many more full suites to book! My TA was told it could be two months before the South America itinerary is available for booking. Beverly

PEOPLE ARE UPSET BECAUSE THEY CANNOT YET BOOK CERTAIN 2016 CRUISES?

How upset should I be with Royal Caribbean that I cannot yet book an Asian cruise any later than April 2015? SA 2016 be available on NCL in 60 days not soon enough?

PEOPLE ARE UPSET BECAUSE THEY CANNOT YET BOOK CERTAIN 2016 CRUISES?

How upset should I be with Royal Caribbean that I cannot yet book an Asian cruise any later than April 2015? SA 2016 be available on NCL in 60 days not soon enough?

I would say disappointed, not UPSET. I'm new to researching the South American itineraries and it appears that there is a very narrow window in which only a few smaller ships sail these itineraries. Consequently, the number of "preferable" rooms on each of the ships is smaller than if I was looking in, say the Mediterranean or Baltic. At least that is my perception. Plus, this isn't going to take "couch change" so knowing what I need to have set aside to take this cruise of a lifetime comfortably is important to me. Sorry if planning like this seems foreign to you but to me it makes the preparation easier to finance and enjoy. In addition, some of the other lines do already have their 2016 itineraries and prices available, and knowing that NCL will most likely be less expensive than them makes waiting to book while their rooms sell, frustrating.

Edited by clojacks

Thanks for posting this information Mimi. My TA talked to NCL yesterday about the Sun 2016 South America itineraries and found out about the dry dock as well. I'm thrilled the Sun will be freshened up and will hopefully have many more full suites to book! My TA was told it could be two months before the South America itinerary is available for booking. Beverly

We're also interested in SA too.

When we were on the Sun in January, the concierge told us the observation lounge would be made into suites just as they have done on the Star and Dawn. I'm sure that's one of the items that will hold up the drydock process.

We're also interested in SA too.

When we were on the Sun in January, the concierge told us the observation lounge would be made into suites just as they have done on the Star and Dawn. I'm sure that's one of the items that will hold up the drydock process.

Really sorry to hear that; I hate that NCL is taking away this space, and particularly on a ship that they are sending off to do an itinerary where the weather can be cold and wet.

Really sorry to hear that; I hate that NCL is taking away this space, and particularly on a ship that they are sending off to do an itinerary where the weather can be cold and wet.

I know that they are not going to add more suites to the Jewel class ships because they already have the Haven. However, considering that the Sun and the Spirit only have a few suites, I can see that happening.

Very interesting. If the Spirit and Sun are going to have a long dry dock, then it is possible that they are making major changes to the ships (i.e. adding more suites)

Just got off the phone with my PCC and he said they got a notice this am that the SA itineraries will be available by the end of the month.Spir

Maybe they are going to do what they did/doing to the Spirit or the Sky (can't remember which), they are changing some of the balcony suites (combining them) into penthouses - just a thought.

Edited by auntierobin