Cruise Point Conversion since upgrade to system, did you loose points?

My sister has been Emerald for a few cruises, her summary page even indicates Emerald but in the past few weeks her points dropped to below the 55 needed for Emerald? We can't remember how many she had but know after her next two cruises she was just a few away from Diamond.

Prior to the conversion she had 6 points (not nights), does anyone know what that converted to on the famous Royal Calculator?

BonVoyage

Dawna

I believe each cruise credit was converted to 7 cruise points in most cases, but not all.

I'm not sure how they calculated points for guests who were in suites. There's a formula out there somewhere that has been posted before. I'm sure one of them who knows will chime in.

Credits x 7 +3

So 7x6=42+3=45

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app

Mine were not figured out that way. I had only two cruises before the conversion. The first was an 8 night on the Jewel, the second was a 9 night on the explorer. When the new point system was incorporated, my new points became 15 - 7 points for the first cruise, 7 points for the second cruise, and 1 extra.

I was upset to see that I only got 1 point for my older 15 night cruise of Australia, the same as for a 7 night Caribbean that was a fraction of the price.

There were a lot of inequities with the conversion. The longer cruises lost out on points and the short 3 and 4 day cruises gained.

Was there another change recently that I missed? Just checked my points and they are still the same.

There was no announced or intentional change. A couple of posters posted that their points had changed, but looking at their old cruises, it looked like the points had been computed properly.

I was upset to see that I only got 1 point for my older 15 night cruise of Australia, the same as for a 7 night Caribbean that was a fraction of the price.

At the time of the conversion, several posters indicated they had the same issue, and there was a mixed bag of results when they called C&A to get the points corrected. Some got them adjusted, and some didn't.

A 15 night cruise should have earned 2 credit points under the old system, so if they only counted it as one, you might have a chance to get it fixed if you called.

Edited by orville99

At the time of the conversion, several posters indicated they had the same issue, and there was a mixed bag of results when they called C&A to get the points corrected. Some got them adjusted, and some didn't.

A 15 night cruise should have earned 2 credit points under the old system, so if they only counted it as one, you might have a chance to get it fixed if you called.

This change came into effect Jan 2003.

Guests staying in suites make out better with the new points system.

Example, we were on a B2B cruise, 9 day Easter Med, and a 12 day TA in a JS. Total points for the cruise was 3 plus 2 more for the suite, total of 5 points, which converts to 35 nights. New system, 21 nights for the 2 cruises, plus 21 more for being in a suite, total 42.

Any cruise longer than 7 days results in additional points when staying in a suite now.

Suite points are now per night instead of per cruise.

Edited by mo&fran

Mine were not figured out that way. I had only two cruises before the conversion. The first was an 8 night on the Jewel, the second was a 9 night on the explorer. When the new point system was incorporated, my new points became 15 - 7 points for the first cruise, 7 points for the second cruise, and 1 extra.

Less than 5 cruise credits

Cruise credits x7+1

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app