Celebrity Press Release 11/22/13 - Future Cruise Vacations

Andy

Hi Everyone,

Today's Press Release. Not entirely new to us, as we've heard about the new onboard booking programs from our community, but I thought this is valuable information to share with our members. I'm booking some future cruises onboard Eclipse in 30 minutes :). I hope this is helpful !

==========================

CELEBRITY CRUISES PRESENTS ‘CELEBRITY FUTURE CRUISE VACATIONS’

“Cruise Now” or “Cruise Later” and enjoy exceptional value and full service

MIAMI – November 22, 2013 – What better way to dodge the dismay associated with the end of a great vacation than by planning the next one while still away? Modern luxury line Celebrity Cruises has made it easier and even more appealing, with a new onboard booking program, “Celebrity Future Cruise Vacations,” offered within stylish new shipboard offices staffed by full service Future Cruise Experts.

“The best time to book a future Celebrity cruise is while on a Celebrity cruise,” said Celebrity Cruises Senior VP of Sales Dondra Ritzenthaler. “While guests are enjoying their vacation experience, they’ll have ready access to our best offers through our significantly expanded Sales teams onboard, with every booking credited to our guests’ preferred travel partners.”

Celebrity Future Cruise Vacations presents guests with two flexible options – ‘Cruise Now’ or ‘Cruise Later’ – each with their own set of exceptional values.

‘Cruise Now’ is ideal for guests who know exactly which ship and sail date they prefer for their next Celebrity vacation. Guests who book while onboard with the Cruise Now option will receive:

· $100 reduced deposit per person

· Onboard credit up to $500

· Specific stateroom selection

· Combinability with one other offer

· Option to cancel up to 75 or 90 days prior to selected sail date

· Reservations automatically credit booking to preferred travel partner

‘Cruise Later’ is perfect for guests who know they want to vacation again with Celebrity, but are not sure when or where they want to go. It also allows consumers to offer Celebrity vacations as outstanding gifts for family or friends. Guests who book while onboard with the Cruise Later option will receive:

· $100 reduced deposit per person

· Onboard credit up to $200

· Combinability with one other offer

· Ability to reserve up to three vacations

· Transferable to anyone

· No expiration date

· Reservations automatically credit booking to preferred travel partner

About Celebrity Cruises:

Celebrity Cruises’ iconic “X” is the mark of modern luxury, with its cool, contemporary design and warm spaces; dining experiences where the design of the venues is as important as the cuisine; and the amazing service that only Celebrity can provide, all created to provide an unmatchable experience for vacationers’ precious time. Celebrity Cruises' 11 ships offer modern luxury vacations visiting all seven continents. Celebrity also presents immersive cruisetour experiences in Alaska, Australia/New Zealand, Canada, Europe and South America. Celebrity is one of six cruise brands operated by global cruise vacation company Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. (NYSE, OSE: RCL). For more information, dial 1-800-437-3111, visit www.celebritycruises.com, or call your travel agent.

Edited by Host Andy

Anybody know the breakdown for OBC for a booking made onboard. I see up to $500 but wonder the breakdown. And I wonder if the shareholder credit is more than the onboard booking credit could you use the shareholder with the 1-2-3 promo instead of combining the onboard credit with 1-2-3?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Anybody know the breakdown for OBC for a booking made onboard. I see up to $500 but wonder the breakdown. And I wonder if the shareholder credit is more than the onboard booking credit could you use the shareholder with the 1-2-3 promo instead of combining the onboard credit with 1-2-3?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

It's different for reserved passage vs open passage.

Open it's the following:

4-5 nights or Transatlantic/Pacific/Repositioning cruises - $50

6-9 nights - $75

10-13 nights - $100

14-15 nights - $150

16+ nights - $200

For Reserved it's a much larger spread. I'll give the ranges:

4-5 nights or Transatlantic/Pacific/Repositioning cruises - $50-300

6-9 nights - $100-350

10-13 nights - $150-400

14-15 nights - $200-450

16+ nights - $250-500

For example for 4-5 nights it's

Interior - 50

Ocean View - 75

Verandah - 100

Concierge or Aqua suites; Sky Suites - 200

All other suites - 300

They each seem to follow the same "spread" with a 25 difference between Interior and OV, 25 between OV and Verandah and then 100 between Verandah and CC and then 100 between CC and other suites.

At some point i'll try to scan this and post it. I got it on the Summit in October, so I'm hoping it's still correct.

One of my pet peeves is that they automatically link you to the TA who you used on the current sailing unless you tell them not too. The first time that happened to me (I wasn't aware they did that) I had to do battle with that TA as I did not want to use them the next time. They finally released the booking with no charge, but I shouldn't have had to hassle with it to begin with.

They had this in September when we were on the Summit. As it was explained to me, you can choose the other offer at any time; but, once you do, you can't change it.

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE :D:D Bob and Phyl

One of my pet peeves is that they automatically link you to the TA who you used on the current sailing unless you tell them not too. The first time that happened to me (I wasn't aware they did that) I had to do battle with that TA as I did not want to use them the next time. They finally released the booking with no charge, but I shouldn't have had to hassle with it to begin with.

They had this in September when we were on the Summit. As it was explained to me, you can choose the other offer at any time; but, once you do, you can't change it.

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE :D:D Bob and Phyl

Yes I believe you need to opt out if you don't want to use the same agency you used for the sailing you were on. If you have a good TA though, I'd suppose that would be a moot point :-)

If you prefer shopping around before transferring to a TA, then yes, you'll have to remember to opt out.

Ugh ok, apparently CC decided to make it tiny so it can't be read. Lets see if this is better....

Top.jpg

One wonders why this news is dated today by Miami, when it has been on the ships for more than a month.

I asked the question on Infinity T.A. about changing the booked cruise (in the UK) prior to final payment and not loosing the benefits.

I was told that Celebrity were trying to give the UK the same terms and conditions, but I'm not holding my breath.

Is this really good? Actually they have reduced the OBC for open passages. It use to be up to US 300 and now is only up to US 200.

The old Passages program (both Reserved & Open) - pre-August 1, 2013 - went by # of nights and was per stateroom. $300 was for 14+ nights - any type of cabin. But, the old programs were not combinable with another offer.

The new Reserved Passages program goes by type of cabin AND length of cruise - up to $500.

The new Open Passages program goes by length of cruise only - up to $200.

I'm sure they have figured in the fact that since you can now combine either program with another offer, they need to reduce the "perks"! :rolleyes:

Is this really good? Actually they have reduced the OBC for open passages. It use to be up to US 300 and now is only up to US 200.

In fact it is significantly worse unless you are in Concierge or higher; the reduction in OBC for those on TA/TP or Repo is also really significant. Using an Open Passage for one of those for 14 nights has gone from $300 down to $50!!

Talk about Black Friday news.:eek:

In fact it is significantly worse unless you are in Concierge or higher; the reduction in OBC for those on TA/TP or Repo is also really significant. Using an Open Passage for one of those for 14 nights has gone from $300 down to $50!!

That really stinks..... I have $300. on my upcoming TA cruise and now I see in the future it will only be $50.

I really don't think I'm too keen on the "book now or book later passages".

Am I correct in understanding that you can't use them with use Tuesday Specials/Exciting Deals, GTY's (Guarantee Cabin Rates) or cruises booked Inside Final Payment?

Edited by Shake

Yes, you are right! It is worse unless you are in concierge or higher. It is a pitty about the transatlantic/transpacific or repo.

Yes, this is odd - because it's old news. I had also posted info about this on Nov 6th (after returning from October cruise, the flyers were available onboard).

And it's a bad deal from my point of view, used to get $200 credit, with this it will be halved (to $100). :mad: So, it's following the trend of their other cutbacks.

And, as for the travel agent bit......... I've been stunned to learn that some travel agents in America give incentives to their clients ......... not a practice here. The travel agent I used the first couple of times booking a cruise turned out to be inept (yet they are one of the biggest cruise agents here) - turns out they hadn't much of a clue about the Celebrity product (eg. weren't given the option of choosing a cabin; not told anything about the style of cruise; that there'd be formal nights; was automatically booked on to Select Dining without being told about it or alternative; they had never heard of or seen an "Open Passage" certificate; and on and on). They caused us alot of stress. Only after taking a couple of cruises did I learn that our holidays could have been different/better and I realised the disfavors they had done us. And outrageously it seems that Celebrity give them a commission !.

I'm disgusted that Celebrity are using an "opt out" system (which favours the travel agent) - seems underhand - yet Celebrity are the ones taking my money and with whom I'm dealing with if I purchase the Open Passage onboard.

Edited by TheWren

That really stinks..... I have $300. on my upcoming TA cruise and now I see in the future it will only be $50.

Yes! One of the reasons for me to book a transatlantic in advance was the onboard credit. The price was usually high but with the onboard credit, I have accepted that price. Now I find US 50 not enough to motivate me to book on board. With so many cruiselines doing transtlantics, I will just wait to see which one reduces the prices more within the 90 days before sailing.

I wonder why Celebrity is reducing the onboard credit for Transatlantics this much.

If one doesn't like the new open passages program, one could just book a cruise that is way out....and then change that cruise to one you want to actually take at some later point. I believe the reserved passage OBC will move with the reservation (adjusted for length of cruise) and you can combine it with one other perk. Or...if you decide not to cruise, just cancel the reservation and get your $200 back.

Yes, it's a bit more complicated, but you actually make out better with the new program. It's especially nice for those with stockholder benefits on south american and other cruises where there are few other offers.

Yes, it's a bit more complicated, but you actually make out better with the new program. It's especially nice for those with stockholder benefits on south american and other cruises where there are few other offers.

Celebrity does not have many offers in South America. Usually there is just one Celebrity ship doing around the Cape. It used to be the Infinity, I am not sure if it continues. The other Celebrity ship (Explorer) in South America is doing the Galapagos and I think that you do not get OBC for that itinerary.

If one doesn't like the new open passages program, one could just book a cruise that is way out....and then change that cruise to one you want to actually take at some later point. I believe the reserved passage OBC will move with the reservation (adjusted for length of cruise) and you can combine it with one other perk. Or...if you decide not to cruise, just cancel the reservation and get your $200 back.

No Thanks. I intentionally passed 2 weeks ago while on board the Refleciton. Still to many restrictions especially on the best price reduced programs like the Tuesday Specials, Exciting Deals, GTY's and or combing a booking inside 90 days.

You really can do better without either passage.

No Thanks. I intentionally passed 2 weeks ago while on board the Refleciton. Still to many restrictions especially on the best price reduced programs like the Tuesday Specials, Exciting Deals, GTY's and or combing a booking inside 90 days.

You really can do better without either passage.

The only thing really helpful is that you can nail down a specific cabin for $100 instead of having to invest $900 for a cruise that is more than a year away.

If, later on, it is of no benefit to you to use an Open Passage on a particular cruise, you can change the booking to a regular booking and move your Open Passage off to the future to use again.

Something to be aware of - especially if the person doing your booking forgets to mention it - "Reservations automatically credit booking to preferred travel partner."

I went to book a cruise with a TA using the Passages I had purchased last March. The TA called me back and said she couldn't use the Passages since it was assigned to another TA. Apparently it was automatically assigned to the TA that booked the cruise that I was on when I purchased the Passages. Not a major problem, but an inconvenience none the less trying to get it resolved.

Edited by geospyder