If you were mega rich...

dmarie1623

Interesting and thought provoking thread. I would probably stick to Carnival, for the most part. Some of the other lines have intriguing ships and I would like to sail on those for the experience. Dream cruise would be a B2B2B Panama Canal, Hawaii and Alaska, which we plan to do upon our retirement. After that, we have the whole planet to explore so the frequent flyer miles will get a healthy boost.

Adios Carnival and all other commercial lines.

We like people well enough, but value our privacy and wants/needs.

A custom yacht with Captain & crew.

This yacht would have accomodations for our 2 motorcycles so when we dock we will just jump on the bikes and explore!

Ahhhh, a girl CAN dream :D

Interesting and thought provoking thread. I would probably stick to Carnival, for the most part. Some of the other lines have intriguing ships and I would like to sail on those for the experience. Dream cruise would be a B2B2B Panama Canal, Hawaii and Alaska, which we plan to do upon our retirement. After that, we have the whole planet to explore so the frequent flyer miles will get a healthy boost.

Love this thread too...and I would really love to do that cruise...

And one that was east coast to med and back if i could figure that out..really great to never unpack and only have to fly to east coast!!

And i would camp at those lakes in a very nice Rv too..LOL..but no more tents..well maybe one more time...LOL...at a secret special place...and get in shape to hike there...

Edited by sjn911

I disagree with some. If I won a 100 million, or 10 million, I can tell you honestly, RIGHT NOW, I have absolutely NO desire to cruise on Celebrity or any of the other lines. I LOVE what Carnival offers. Nothing to do with money. It just means I can cruise more often. Don't want to live on a cruise ship, that may be a tad OVERKILL:eek::eek: lol

Love this thread too...and I would really love to do that cruise...

And one that was east coast to med and back if i could figure that out..really great to never unpack and only have to fly to east coast!!

And i would camp at those lakes in a very nice Rv too..LOL..but no more tents..well maybe one more time...LOL...at a secret special place...and get in shape to hike there...

Now, I am dreaming. The RV with the double or triple slide-out with a fireplace huge flat screen TV, beer on tap and a wine bar. I would need a chauffeur to drive across American to see some of the most amazing views along the coast, along with National Parks. I would plan a RV trip across Canada and a few other countries. I am good with one cruise per year, two at the most. My extra money is for time on land or road, experiencing things for days on end.

As I age, I need a more subdue setting than Carnival!

Edited by Blk_Amish

Mega rich that along with that comes celebrity status?

No way would I subject my family to that kind of continuous harassment by continuing to cruise on the main line cruiselines, to include Carnival.

Mega rich that really means a few million in the accounts, still working because I love the work but just living more comfortably than most?

Then sure,, I'd still sail with family and friends on main line cruiselines, to include Carnival

I would probably still sail Carnival, but I would certainly try all of the other lines too. I would love to take a Disney cruise, I love Disney, but I just can't bring myself to pay those prices. If money wasn't an issue I would definitely try them all!

I disagree with some. If I won a 100 million, or 10 million, I can tell you honestly, RIGHT NOW, I have absolutely NO desire to cruise on Celebrity or any of the other lines. I LOVE what Carnival offers. Nothing to do with money. It just means I can cruise more often. Don't want to live on a cruise ship, that may be a tad OVERKILL:eek::eek: lol

Posts like this really irk me. You have been on two cruises. Both of them with Carnival. When you at least try another cruise line........THEN say you will only go with Carnival. You have no idea what you are missing. Open minds and trying different things is the spice of life.

It is like saying NOPE....I only like Cheerio's and that is what I am going to eat for the rest of my life.:eek:

Posts like this really irk me. You have been on two cruises. Both of them with Carnival. When you at least try another cruise line........THEN say you will only go with Carnival. You have no idea what you are missing. Open minds and trying different things is the spice of life.

It is like saying NOPE....I only like Cheerio's and that is what I am going to eat for the rest of my life.:eek:

So what? They know they really like Carnival, and currently are satisfied with staying with that cruiseline. You don't have to try other cruises to know this.

You have "tried" all the other cruiselines? I've been on 83 cruises and certainly have not.

No.

I'm sure that a lot of people here really mean it when they say that they would continue cruising Carnival. But if they truly became filthy rich, their thought process would most likely change.

Think of how many rich or famous people cruise on Carnival. You just start experiencing the finer things in life and it's hard to go back. J-Lo sings of still being "Jenny from the block" but I bet she doesn't hang out at "the block" anymore.

Personally. My main reason to sail on Carnival is because of budget considerations, so taking that away means that I would have little reason to sail on them.

Not necessarily. Some people who do have money, don't go around announcing it. I do not have any budget restrictions and can, and do book any travel I want. This year, my travels have been about every month with paying for 9 cruises this year.

I do enjoy sailing Carnival, and as long as they take me where they want to go, at the price I'm willing to spend, I will continue to consider them. My travels are based on itinerary, first. :)

So what? They know they really like Carnival, and currently are satisfied with staying with that cruiseline. You don't have to try other cruises to know this.

You have "tried" all the other cruiselines? I've been on 83 cruises and certainly have not.

Lol.......No...I have NOT tried all of the cruise lines. Point is....I will NEVER say that I will NEVER try something different. You OBVIOUSLY agree with 83 cruises....lol.and 40 THOUSAND posts. Get real (or a hobby)

Edited by champagne123
xxxx

Would you still sail Carnival, a more upscale line or rent/buy a yacht?

All of the above, but we'd still use Carnival while we have a young child. Camp Carnival is above and beyond what other ships offer-including the luxury lines.

No need to be irked. Some people meet someone and off the bat know, this is it, this is the one. Others try the rest and more before deciding what is the best. Some people know what they like and don't have to try all decks to figure it out. Carnival is not only a cheap choice for some but the best choice for their vacation needs. I loved Carnival with young children, the best choice at the time.

Edited by Blk_Amish

I would still cruise Carnival; however, I would probably try NCL or Princess. If I was rich my habits would not change. I would not buy fancy clothes or want to attend functions where fancy dress is required. For me, it all goes down to comfort level, if I am comfortable wearing capri's and a nice tank top/shirt to dinner ealmost very night, then that is the kind of cruise like I will stick with. I also like to change out of dressy clothes and get back into shorts/tank top when dinner is done, sometimes capri's, but mostly shorts. Comfort is king and the fancy lines would frown upon what I would wear from 6pm onwards....

I'd probably still cruise Carnival,to keep in touch with Reality

but I'd book major suites with connecting doors, for all the family

BUT also....

Step Number One:

is to buy a ten-seater long-haul LEAR or GULFSTREAM private jet

so I can get where I want to start my many cruises all over this planet

having booked either Carnival or other Carnival Corporation ships

without having to deal with idiot Commercial Air Travel, regular airport protocols

-or the TSA searches of my groin area!!

This thread is interesting to me, as it is very well aligned with my fantasies!

I'm kind of surprised that no one has mentioned the Garden Villas on Norwegian Cruise Lines. That looks like a great way to go. You can have all the privacy you want in your own little compound, but you can also venture out to the rest of the ship to experience things like the comedy club, which can not be replicated on a yacht.

The thing I especially like about NCL's Garden Villas is that they have their own outdoor space, including a Jacuzzi. Kind of like having a serenity deck for you and your closest friends.

Indoors there are three bedrooms... so basically this would be ideal for three couples and perhaps a few small kids. Unfortunately, this doesn't really work for my ultimate family cruise as I have three siblings... so my fantasy Garden Villa really needs four bedrooms. Perhaps we should just draw straws and one sibling gets a room down the hall.

The other cool thing about the NCL Garden Villas is that you don't have to have any of your meals in the public restaurants if you don't want to. You can have every meal inside your private compound, if you want. Sounds pretty cool to me.

I bet that's one reason you don't see many celebrities... even D-list celebrities... on Carnival. They're probably all in NCL Garden Villas... or at least in NCL's Haven... so they don't have to associate too much with us folks in steerage!

A few other thoughts on this topic...

I think if I suddenly got rich and could retire with lots of money to spare, I would definitely try some of the newer NCL and RCCL ships just to see if there's anything there for me. I did have one previous NCL experience, and it only convinced me that Carnival is the one for me.

If still convinced that Carnival is the one for me, I think I would make it my goal to sail on every ship in the Carnival fleet. After that, if it turned out to be as fun as the idea sounds... I would probably expand the goal to sail on every ship in the Carnival Corporation fleet. My guess is that's something no one's ever done. After that, if I was still enjoying it, perhaps the goal would expand to all the ships in the NCL and RCCL fleets. I'm a really casual guy, so I really don't see myself on some of the high-end lines... even if money wasn't the issue. Too snooty for me, I think. But then again, maybe one should try it once before totally writing it off.

At whatever point I tired of sailing on all the various cruise ships... I think settling down on to "The World" (the residential cruise ship) would be a great way to go.

I also think that if I was mega-rich, I would invite family and friends to cruise with me frequently.

Great fantasy topic!

This thread is interesting to me, as it is very well aligned with my fantasies!

I'm kind of surprised that no one has mentioned the Garden Villas on Norwegian Cruise Lines. That looks like a great way to go. You can have all the privacy you want in your own little compound, but you can also venture out to the rest of the ship to experience things like the comedy club, which can not be replicated on a yacht.

The thing I especially like about NCL's Garden Villas is that they have their own outdoor space, including a Jacuzzi. Kind of like having a serenity deck for you and your closest friends.

Indoors there are three bedrooms... so basically this would be ideal for three couples and perhaps a few small kids. Unfortunately, this doesn't really work for my ultimate family cruise as I have three siblings... so my fantasy Garden Villa really needs four bedrooms. Perhaps we should just draw straws and one sibling gets a room down the hall.

The other cool thing about the NCL Garden Villas is that you don't have to have any of your meals in the public restaurants if you don't want to. You can have every meal inside your private compound, if you want. Sounds pretty cool to me.

I bet that's one reason you don't see many celebrities... even D-list celebrities... on Carnival. They're probably all in NCL Garden Villas... or at least in NCL's Haven... so they don't have to associate too much with us folks in steerage!

A few other thoughts on this topic...

I think if I suddenly got rich and could retire with lots of money to spare, I would definitely try some of the newer NCL and RCCL ships just to see if there's anything there for me. I did have one previous NCL experience, and it only convinced me that Carnival is the one for me.

If still convinced that Carnival is the one for me, I think I would make it my goal to sail on every ship in the Carnival fleet. After that, if it turned out to be as fun as the idea sounds... I would probably expand the goal to sail on every ship in the Carnival Corporation fleet. My guess is that's something no one's ever done. After that, if I was still enjoying it, perhaps the goal would expand to all the ships in the NCL and RCCL fleets. I'm a really casual guy, so I really don't see myself on some of the high-end lines... even if money wasn't the issue. Too snooty for me, I think. But then again, maybe one should try it once before totally writing it off.

At whatever point I tired of sailing on all the various cruise ships... I think settling down on to "The World" (the residential cruise ship) would be a great way to go.

I also think that if I was mega-rich, I would invite family and friends to cruise with me frequently.

Great fantasy topic!

We thought about doing the Garden Villa on the Pearl for our Alaska Cruise. But honestly part of the fun of the cruise is the people. We love eating in the MDR. Wouldn't want to eat on our own. I guess even though we have money we are still simple people. we don't even eat in the specialty resteraunts. We like the MDR.