WARNING Don't log in to MY Cruises if you paid for your cruise with a certificate!

I just got done getting a problem straightened out for the second time in two days.

I cashed in 50,000 Royal Points for a free 4 night cruise about 2 1/2 weeks ago. Earlier this week, I logged on to my account, and it showed the credit applied and the correct balance due. Yesterday (Friday) morning, I logged in to My Cruises so I could make my final payment, and the points credit disappeared. I called RCCL and the girl who answered told me the credit had been removed, but didn't know why. After re-applying the credit, all was well again.

This morning I logged on to My Cruises to make final payment, and once again the points credit disappeared. Another call to RCCL and another re-application of the credit. This time, I also made the final payment while I had her on the phone.

Next I asked the girl what was causing my credit to disappear, and she told me RCCL did an update to their website, and there are a couple "glitches" that need to be fixed. Apparently, if you have used a certificate to pay for any part of your cruise, and later log in to My Cruises, the system deletes your certificate credit, causing a larger balance due. This could be a real problem if you log in after final payment is due, have the credit deleted, show a balance due, and have RCCL's fabulous computer system release your cabin for having a balance due after the final payment date.

RCCL's solution? Don't log in to My Cruises. Instead, click on Before You Board, and then Online Check-in to print the Set-Sail pass, or do any other check-in stuff.

She also told me it could be up to 2 weeks before the system is fixed.

Sent via my Carrier Pigeon Now a free app from Bridge Trusses

Edited by clean1owner

What does a certificate have to do with royal points/visa?

When you are cashing in VISA points to pay for all or part of a cruise, it is considered a certificate for payment purposes.

Sent via my Carrier Pigeon Now a free app from Bridge Trusses

It must not be happening to everyone otherwise I think we would have heard more complaints by now. I've been logging in and out since the upgrade without a problem. Maybe it's the way the points are applied. I couldn't use the free cruise because I'm sailing Allure so I had to apply their cash value. The one thing consistent about cruise lines are the complaints about their websites.

This issue also happened to me this week. My balance showed the amount due taking into account the Visa points reward. Then when I clicked on the my payments tab, it suddenly went to the total amount due without the reward. I've been waiting for RCCL to resolve the issue without my contacting them. So, I guess I'll give them another 2 weeks before calling (my cruise isn't until the summer, so in no need to promptly resolve).

This issue also happened to me this week. My balance showed the amount due taking into account the Visa points reward. Then when I clicked on the my payments tab, it suddenly went to the total amount due without the reward. I've been waiting for RCCL to resolve the issue without my contacting them. So, I guess I'll give them another 2 weeks before calling (my cruise isn't until the summer, so in no need to promptly resolve).

I don't think RCCL is monitoring things close enough to correct things on their own.

I don't think it's just booking with rewards points/certificate that is the problem. I think it may be any certificate or discount.

My cruise is fully paid and still shows on the summary page that I owe $80.00. When I called to ask about it I was told that I show in their records as paid in full. The CSR said it was probably my senior discount not showing up. I asked to have a copy of their document emailed to me which they did. I hope that's enough when time to sail. Since I still have a while to go I'll check back with them a couple of days before just to make sure.

Just logged on to My Cruises and guess what? All of my Royal Points credit disappeared for the THIRD time!

I am on hold right now waiting for them to get it corrected again.

I must be getting mellow as I age, as normally by now, I would have been chewing some serious butt.

I don't think it's just booking with rewards points/certificate that is the problem. I think it may be any certificate or discount.

My cruise is fully paid and still shows on the summary page that I owe $80.00. When I called to ask about it I was told that I show in their records as paid in full. The CSR said it was probably my senior discount not showing up. I asked to have a copy of their document emailed to me which they did. I hope that's enough when time to sail. Since I still have a while to go I'll check back with them a couple of days before just to make sure.

Yeah, it is happening with all kinds of discounts and credits.

We grabbed a junior suite guarantee for only $30 more (total :D) and that is when the trouble began. Paid the $30 and got the new documents. All was well. Went back in to check our cabin assignment and it showed us owing $3.50. Weird number! I called and it was fixed. Went in again to check and the $3.50 due was back. I let it go, until I checked one more time and it was $53.50 due. In the end, the CSR told me to stay out of my account and call to see if we have a room assigned.

The last time they fixed it I had a $25 OBC. I mentioned it and the CSR said it was from my on-board booking, which I did not do! She finally just told me to let it go. We'll see if we have it next week . . .

After we got our room assigned I printed the new set sail pass and documents. The $3.50 is back. I didn't call.

One thing I will say, everyone I spoke to at Royal were very nice!

Yeah, it is happening with all kinds of discounts and credits.

We grabbed a junior suite guarantee for only $30 more (total :D) and that is when the trouble began. Paid the $30 and got the new documents. All was well. Went back in to check our cabin assignment and it showed us owing $3.50. Weird number! I called and it was fixed. Went in again to check and the $3.50 due was back. I let it go, until I checked one more time and it was $53.50 due. In the end, the CSR told me to stay out of my account and call to see if we have a room assigned.

The last time they fixed it I had a $25 OBC. I mentioned it and the CSR said it was from my on-board booking, which I did not do! She finally just told me to let it go. We'll see if we have it next week . . .

After we got our room assigned I printed the new set sail pass and documents. The $3.50 is back. I didn't call.

One thing I will say, everyone I spoke to at Royal were very nice![/quote]

They are absolutely nice as pie!

I told the woman who answered the phone that this was my third time getting the same issue corrected, and I'm not real happy with Royal right now, she says to me "I can tell by the tone of your voice, and I don't blame you one bit. But until our IT department gets this fixed, you should probably go through the Before You Board link to shop for any add-ons, or you will probably have to call to get the points added back on again."

I'm sure she doesn't like dealing with this any more than I do

What about if you use a TA, their in control of your money. I used a TA and a certificate and paid the cruise off (b/c cert. didn't cover all of the cost), hopefully RCCL won't tell my TA that I owe money, anybody have that problem??? B/c we can't see our information if TA has it.