Embarkation Outfit....

maddox_mama

The long skirts sound good with a tank. Thanks for the idea!

My sister and I always wear our bathing suits, sandals and fancy cover ups. (Only cruise in the summer). So we are ready to swim and sunbathe!

I came in here to ask if everyone thought it was appropriate to wear a swim coverup for embarkation. I couldn't think of a reason why it wouldn't be, but I don't recall seeing it much in the past. Mine looks almost exactly like this:

7ebbca203f63d551510571731e561352.jpg

and I would not say that it's sheer (it's thin cotton), but you could definitely see the color of a swimsuit under it - you can tell its a coverup not a dress you would wear to the mall. Okay to wear?

I came in here to ask if everyone thought it was appropriate to wear a swim coverup for embarkation. I couldn't think of a reason why it wouldn't be, but I don't recall seeing it much in the past. Mine looks almost exactly like this:

7ebbca203f63d551510571731e561352.jpg

and I would not say that it's sheer (it's thin cotton), but you could definitely see the color of a swimsuit under it - you can tell its a coverup not a dress you would wear to the mall. Okay to wear?

Obviously, it all depends on if you feel comfortable wearing it. Personally, I think it looks okay, but it may be one of those things where you feel differently when you're actually wearing it :) maybe you could add a pair of shorts just longer than the dress?

Edited by Ehpride

Obviously, it all depends on if you feel comfortable wearing it. Personally, I think it looks okay, but it may be one of those things where you feel differently when you're actually wearing it :) maybe you could add a pair of shorts just longer than the dress?

I do feel comfortable. I have nice legs. :D Plus I'm pretty short so its not THAT short on me. I also don't want to look too hoochie though.

I do feel comfortable. I have nice legs. :D Plus I'm pretty short so its not THAT short on me. I also don't want to look too hoochie though.

I'm short too so I know what you mean. I think it would be fine for embarkation, especially if you make it an outfit.

Personally I would not wear a coverup over a bathing suit for embarkation. If I was inclined to immediately get I to the pool, I would bring the suit and coverup in my carry in and change in a rest room after lunch.

Autocorrect responsible for most typos...

I wouldn't wear it but that is just me. You are asking for opinions.:)

When you said you don't recall seeing many on boarding day? I am

betting that is because most gals don't wear one;)

I wouldn't wear a cover up for embarkation. Like a PP, I would be inclined to pack it in my carry on and wear the bathing suit under other attire such as an actual dress or shorts and a top. What would you do if your luggage was delayed getting to your cabin? I don't think you'd get into the MDR in a swimsuit and cover up.

You could wear cropped pants under the coverup, belt it.

Your bathing suit could be worn underneath or just think about having it in your tote bag or carryon.

They take embarkation photos so you may wish to have a different 'look' for that photo.

JMO

I wouldn't wear the cover up for embarkation either, but might have when I was younger, I guess all us gals saying we wouldn't wear it are over 40;). I would consider wearing it though if I was coming back on the ship from Castaway or whatever Cay after a day at the beach.

These days I like to wear something stylish but long and loose, I don't like shorts or capris or anything tight or tailored at my "under carriage":D

I normally wear a large hat which I bring to keep the sun off my face.

Edited by CELTICGIRLCRUISER

I think if the coverup was more like a sundress, or something that would look fine even if it wasn't over a bathing suit, then it would be okay. Otherwise, it would be kind of like wearing a bathrobe, even though it doesn't look like one. It's the same principle, in my opinion.

The problem is that such dresses are usually a bit transparent, so without a bathing suit or a top and shorts under it, it could look "too much" for embarkation time:)

Ooh yeah I would definitely be wearing a bikini under it, so I was worried about showing too much swimsuit (the bright color would be semi-visible through the dress, I tried it on) not too much skin!

It looks really cute on, and its definitely coming on the cruise, but I think I'm going to save it for a beach day or pool side, and pick something a little "nicer" for embarkation.

Thanks so much for everyone's thoughts on the topic!!

Help me with flying from Vancouver ( temp around 40 F) to LA next week.

Jeans, capris? Shoes ideas? Go runners or sandals?

Your ideas?

What will the weather be like in LA? It's been all over the map this winter.

Autocorrect responsible for most typos...

It looks like temps should be in the 70s. I wouldn't wear jeans especially since you'll be used to colder temperatures.

What do you normally wear at those temperatures? I tend to wear sundresses but I think shorts or capris would be fine depending on your personal style.

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks!Hope we will be as lucky as you were;)But I heard about some cold or rainy surprises that are quite usual in the Baltic. We just have to be ready for them:D

It's a good idea to have a raincoat. If it rains, it will keep you dry, and if it is windy, it will keep you warm.

Also, pack clothes that you can layer.i found a sweater or jacket was good first thing in the morning, but it would warm up as the day progressed.

In st. Petersburg, we toured all day, and went to the ballet in the evening and had supper at a restaurant that our tour guide found for us close by. I ordered food, and changed in the bathroom and fixed my hair and makeup before the ballet started. I just used my carry-on white leather bag. I guess what I am saying is dress for the things you are going to do. The Hermitage is amazing, but it can get quite hot inside, so wear layers and carry a bag to put them in.

I hope this helps.

This is my regular boarding outfit. The dress is made of swimsuit fabric so very comfy, (have 4 of them) I wear flat strappy sandals and carry a Bagallini tote with spare swimwear and light pashmina. I have a bikini on underneath, and the Mardi Gras beads are for a CC sailaway.

For flying down, a couple of days pre-cruise, to Ft Lauderdale from Victoria BC, I wear similar but with a pair of leggings underneath and the pashmina wrapped around me.

Cheers, h.

12217754176_fbec27fd0a_m.jpg

I sail out of FT. Lauderdale tomorrow:)......it is supposed to be in

the 80s:D....I am wearing a pair of purple crop pants and a printed top

that has muted tones of purples/lavenders/greens/.......sort of looks

like a water color.....has a high-low hemline, sleevless, v neckline....

I am READY TO CRUISE:D

Edited by Lois R

I sail out of FT. Lauderdale tomorrow:)......it is supposed to be in

the 80s:D....I am wearing a pair of purple crop pants and a printed top

that has muted tones of purples/lavenders/greens/.......sort of looks

like a water color.....has a high-low hemline, sleevless, v neckline....

I am READY TO CRUISE:D

Sounds perfect! Hope you have a great cruise!