Embarkation Outfit....

maddox_mama

What do you usually wear on the first day? We are traveling in and staying at a hotel the night before. I know there are plenty of photo ops as you get on, but you are also (without FTTF) walking around for hours until your room is ready.

Capris and a top? Pants? Skirt?

What do you typically wear?

Paula

It depends on the weather. If the weather is cool, longer pants, a top and a sweater. Warm weather usually cropped, lightweight pants and a lighter top. I tend to not wear shorts since I don't like having shorts on when travelling on public transportation (taxi/shuttle/plane) or public benches.

Come to think of it, I now only wear longer shorts except at home. I just get grossed out easier now with the thought of sitting bare skinned on any surface where someone else's sweaty backside has been sitting. I know, TMI.

Ill also wear a sundress, again not too short. I keep in mind that I may not have the opportunity to change prior to dinner.

Edited by Happy ks

I have very few dresses because I feel more comfortable in pants. If it is warm enough on embarkation day I wear capris with a comfy top, cooler days regular slacks. Most important for me is comfortable shoes. There may be a great deal of standing and definitely some walking to do, so I pick my most comfortable shoes to wear.

Hmmm it depends on where I am embarking... and the weather... if like you i am staying in town prior to the cruise (I don't have to wear my airplane clothes) ...if it is Florida or on the Gulf Coast assuming that the weather is sunny... I wear a sundress (with a jacket in my onboard bag) if the weather is cool I wear a casual dress with sleeves and tights with my jacket on top :)

If I am on the west coast or in NE USA. I will wear a skirt and top (with or without tights depending on weather)

In Europe I will wear the same. However everytime I have left from there (the particular time of year) it has been cold and rainy. So on top I had scarf, gloves, hat, and coat. ;)

But the one thing I always make sure I am wearing is my smile :D It has fit every climate!

tmee

Depends on the weather~ I usually cruise in October so it was gray cargo pants and my Carnival Bon Voyage shirt~ but now that I no longer cruise Carnival I can't wear my cute tshirt!!! So last cruise I wore shorts and a cute tshirt since it was July in Miami~ we never buy the photos so its not that big a deal to me~ just what ever is comforatable!

I fly in the night before and cruise from a warm weather location. I love dresses and pretty much live in sundresses during the summer so I typically wear a skirt/tank top or sundress for embarkation. Last cruise, I wore a romper (looks like shorts and a top) with wedge espadrilles, my straw fedora and sunglasses but I had flip flops in my carry on just in case. I always make it an outfit though. I always buy the embarkation picture so I like looking casual but put together.

The only pants I ever possibly bring is a pair of jeans for on the plane. I only wear dresses for dinner and almost always dresses or skirts during the day. I typically bring one pair of shorts and a couple of tops in case I do something more active where a dress won't really work.

My wife normally wears dress pants and a dressy blazer.

I wear a blazer and khaki pants and a shirt to match my wife's outfit.

After all these cruises, we still enjoy getting dressed nicely to board the ship and also to have an embarkation photo taken.

Keith

We always drive to our port no matter which coast we are leaving from. We drive in the night before.

The time of year determines what I wear. Next week I will be wearing black slacks, white tennies, and a deep pink boat necked long sleeved shirt. I will most likely be also wearing a jacket. Our Arizona blood finds San Diego nights quite chilly.

If it is warmer I will wear a nice sundress or capri's and a tee shirt. DH almost always wears jeans and tee shirt to board. We don't do the boarding pictures. We only pay for pics when we are in a new to us port.

I usually wear a dress for Caribbean cruises. Last year I wore a maxi wrap dress, and although it looked cute in all the pictures it was a huge mistake. It was a very windy day and I had to continuously hold it together at sail away. :eek:

I plan on wearing a maxi for sail away in January, but it will not be a wrap style. :)

Lisa

This is always a big decision for me! The men in my family don't understand why I care to board the ship, but it really is a big deal!! :D

On our last cruise we sailed in June out of FLL (HOT!). I wanted o wear a dress but we were flying in morning-of and I don't like to wear dresses when I fly. Instead, I wore shirts and RL button down with boat shoes/Sperrys. It worked well enough for me and my Sperrys were SO comfortable.

For our next cruise I am planning on wearing white denim with a tank top. We are flying in morning of again and I am going to wear a Lilly Pulitzer murfee scarf that I can use a wrap on the plane in case it gets cold and then stash it in my carry-on once in FLL as it will likely be too warm for a scarf.

Good luck and have fun!

I usually wear a dress for Caribbean cruises. Last year I wore a maxi wrap dress, and although it looked cute in all the pictures it was a huge mistake. It was a very windy day and I had to continuously hold it together at sail away. :eek:

I plan on wearing a maxi for sail away in January, but it will not be a wrap style. :)

Lisa

Your dress sounds real nice. Where you able to put a snap or a button on to the dress to keep it closed? The button would be a little more work since it would need a button hole to be made. If your don't want to have to sew anything on to the dress you could use a fancy pin/broach.

I fly in the night before and cruise from a warm weather location. I love dresses and pretty much live in sundresses during the summer so I typically wear a skirt/tank top or sundress for embarkation. Last cruise, I wore a romper (looks like shorts and a top) with wedge espadrilles, my straw fedora and sunglasses but I had flip flops in my carry on just in case. I always make it an outfit though. I always buy the embarkation picture so I like looking casual but put together.

The only pants I ever possibly bring is a pair of jeans for on the plane. I only wear dresses for dinner and almost always dresses or skirts during the day. I typically bring one pair of shorts and a couple of tops in case I do something more active where a dress won't really work.

This sounds pretty much like how I pack for a cruise as well. Since we started arriving the day before and spending the night in or near the port city I've almost always worn a sundress either long or knee length, wedges and whatever accessories I felt the dress calls for.

It depends on when and where the cruise is.

This time of year from a Northeast port I'd be in jeans or slacks with a sweater and jacket.

On my past cruises I've boarded in slacks and a blouse, shorts and a blouse, a sundress, and in Europe slacks and a blouse and a skirt and blouse.

In Tahiti next year I expect to be in either a sundress or shorts and a cute top.

I will tell you that I don't wear jeans or dresses to board a ship.

Other than that it depends on the weather. I love capris and would wear them on most embarkation days. I also wear my most comfortable shoes or sandals. I all about comfort but like to dress nicely. My tops would be something appropriate for my pants and something I can wear to MDR without feeling under dressed.

This sounds pretty much like how I pack for a cruise as well. Since we started arriving the day before and spending the night in or near the port city I've almost always worn a sundress either long or knee length, wedges and whatever accessories I felt the dress calls for.

Plus, I only bring the jeans if I'm cruising in winter because I want them for outside the airport at home. If I'm cruising in October/November, I just wear shorts for the plane because I can handle fall temps at home for a few minutes.

Your dress sounds real nice. Where you able to put a snap or a button on to the dress to keep it closed? The button would be a little more work since it would need a button hole to be made. If your don't want to have to sew anything on to the dress you could use a fancy pin/broach.

I have lost 60 pounds in the last year, so I recycled the dress on the recycle thread. I did use a safety pin to secure it for the rest of the cruise and that did the trick.

Lisa

I like light breezy dresses or flowy tops ... the pink dress was what I left port in for my honeymoon cruise in June. The anchor shirt was my pic for my cruise with another teacher before school started. I want to be dressed nicely but comfortably (clothes and shoes) messing with bags and such.

17501_10151735869211810_358424244_n.jpg.e4b36e6d2fc137dbd5581de82bcad036.jpg

970975_10151797313611810_1830136141_n.jpg.5d768f0f69985882522863081ae6cec1.jpg

I have lost 60 pounds in the last year, so I recycled the dress on the recycle thread. I did use a safety pin to secure it for the rest of the cruise and that did the trick.

Lisa

It is wonderful that you lost so much weight. I made some wrap-a-round skirts and had to add a button to keep it from opening.