Lap swimming on Adventure OTS?

MariahJ

Hi all,

Does anyone know if there are any pools set up for lap swimming? Perhaps the adult only pool? I will be in training for a triathlon during my 12-night cruise next June.

Thanks!

Mariah

There is no pool totally dedicated to lap swimming. You may find that they have some time period in the early morning where the main pool has lap swimming. Check out the Compass (daily schedule) for possible lap swimming times.

Hi all,

Does anyone know if there are any pools set up for lap swimming? Perhaps the adult only pool? I will be in training for a triathlon during my 12-night cruise next June.

Thanks!

Mariah

Buy a swim tether and just tether off to a ladder. I travel with one when I travel for work and can't find a pool. I tried to lap swim on FOS in the early morning when it was set up and it was too full to get anything done. I found run/bike brick work easier to do on the ship using the spin bike and treadmill. I like double and triple bricks when using stationary equipment. Something like 20 on the bike, 15 on the treadmill in three or 4 sets. Good luck with the triathlon!!!

The pools are not large enough to get a good lap in. I'm a competitive swimmer and have tried to do laps in the pool but basically I do a flip turn and one stroke and I am at the other wall.

Agreed - son did multiple laps training for a big swim meet and had about 1 stroke and was at the wall. Still did it as there was not an option. Easy to find pool space prior to 8 am.

I have been competitively swimming since, well, forever and I remember being on Navigator of the Seas and my dad made me practice early in the morning. It never really worked out well because the pool's are just so short but if you don't mind doing only a few strokes between turns, go for it!

A real swimmer might get 3-4 strokes before having to turn....the pools are small! Do NOT plan on training while on the ship. The pools are there to "take a dip" and cool off. Sweat pools might be a better name...they certainly aren't "swimming" pools!

If OTS is Oasis, we saw the following last week. At 7 am there was a man swimming against the current in the kids circular pool. No kids no obstacles, as it was real early. This could work on Allure as well. I am not sure how he compensated for the turn motion of the current. He swam in a stationary position.

The pools are not large enough to get a good lap in. I'm a competitive swimmer and have tried to do laps in the pool but basically I do a flip turn and one stroke and I am at the other wall.

The best ship I was on to do any type of lap swimming was Liberty. Keep in mind however that I am just under 5 feet tall. Liberty had the best pool to attempt to do it in...and when I did, it was early in the morning.

On one day, they were having a water aerobics class at the same time. The participants in the class left enough room 'behind them for me to swim'. Unfortunately, that day the sea was quite rocky....and the water was sloshing around pretty well in the pool I did not care, but the water aerobics participates struggled.

I swam laps while on the Allure Oct. 27. At 8:30 I had the pool to myself. I'd estimate the pool to be ~12 yards long. Good enough for an old guy like me to do laps (helps to not push aggressively off turns) but marginal for competition swimmers' purposes.

YMMV

Frank