new to celebrity with a question

jamona2311

Ok my mom and i are just about to book the reflection for next september. Im the planner, so she told me to watch for a sale. I think she was referring to a price drop. Currently the price for the 9/26 sailing in an inside is 1,449. Ive heard about 123 Go coming back. I am really interrested in this and think this is the sale Ive been watitng for. So if I book with that sale, does Celebrity offer a lowest price guarentee like Carnival does where if our cruise price drops we can call in to perhaps get that new rate?

:confused: I usualy do all my planing on my own but would a TA be better for this kind of thing? So confused.

Thanks so much for any help or suggestions!:D

they will honor price drops you need to call price drops sometimes involve loss of discounts or offers, some agents offer black Friday deal so you may want to check that. There is also a web site that will track cruise prices for you. I can't mention names here but google/bing will work for you.

Ok my mom and i are just about to book the reflection for next september. Im the planner, so she told me to watch for a sale. I think she was referring to a price drop. Currently the price for the 9/26 sailing in an inside is 1,449. Ive heard about 123 Go coming back. I am really interrested in this and think this is the sale Ive been watitng for. So if I book with that sale, does Celebrity offer a lowest price guarentee like Carnival does where if our cruise price drops we can call in to perhaps get that new rate?

:confused: I usualy do all my planing on my own but would a TA be better for this kind of thing? So confused.

Check the website this Friday, 123 may come back......Black Friday sale..

I would book directly through Celebrity...better savings through their own site

I am really interrested in this and think this is the sale Ive been watitng for. So if I book with that sale, does Celebrity offer a lowest price guarentee like Carnival does where if our cruise price drops we can call in to perhaps get that new rate?

If you purchase using the 123 Go promo it is unlikely after booking you will be able to get a new lower rate and keep the 123 perk you select. You need to a bit of research on this forum and read about the experiences of other cruisers (numerous threads dealing with the topic) who in the past have found that switching to a lower cabin rate (or perhaps even a higher cabin rate that isn't considered a 5 star rate) means they forfeit the 123 Go perk. What you need to do is consider the value of the specific 123 Go perk you would choose against the value of the cruise fare that would be likely without the 123 Go promo in effect. If the fare currently is $1449 then when 123 Go is announced see what the fare increases to and deduct the value of the particular perk to compare against the $1449 fare in effect before the promo. Once the 123 Go promo and promo fares are announced it is improbable that you will find fare reductions during the promo period, and maybe not after the promo period ends as well if the cruise has gotten significant bookings.

Google ...cosumer affairs / cruise. This site will give reviews on my online cruise sites....the good and the bad

This seems quite high for a inside cabin (depending on the length of the cruise), I would do some shopping around or wait (you still have a long time to book). The 1-2-3 deal is only for oceanview or higher (guarantee rooms may also be a problem) and will be coming back soon. If you like to have drinks while your on vacation then the drink package is a great deal to pick as it will save you lots of money. :)

This seems quite high for a inside cabin (depending on the length of the cruise), I would do some shopping around or wait (you still have a long time to book). The 1-2-3 deal is only for oceanview or higher (guarantee rooms may also be a problem) and will be coming back soon. If you like to have drinks while your on vacation then the drink package is a great deal to pick as it will save you lots of money. :)

Agreed, definitely shop around for the best total package.:D

My two cents is to book directly with celebrity. On our recent cruise a lot of folks who booked with TA's had trouble getting price drops without losing their 123.perks. Whenever I saw a drop I just called and celebrity made the change. In one case they even gave me a refund back to my credit card after final payment which they normally never do!

There has been a price drop on our Alaska cruise. We could get the new price but only if we gave up the drinks package. They would not let us have both. In fact when we were given the drinks package, they took away our Captains Club discount. However, we are in the UK so you may find this would not apply in your case.

There has been a price drop on our Alaska cruise. We could get the new price but only if we gave up the drinks package. They would not let us have both. In fact when we were given the drinks package, they took away our Captains Club discount. However, we are in the UK so you may find this would not apply in your case.

Similar case with Aussies, although the work around is to book using a US TA and then you get a better shot at price drops without losing the perks.:D

Congrats! We just got off the Reflection with 3 couples on their 1st sailing with Celebrity, all seasoned cruisers like you, and all 3 have already booked Celebrity again. You will really like it.

I agree, although I think they will love it.:D