Upgrade Fairy Arrived Today

Bronx12

does the upgrade fairy phone you?? is that how it happens.....

Depends on how you have your upgrade preferences set on Royal's website. You can select an automatic upgrade in which case they don't have to call.

We just got a nice upgrade for Enchantment and I only found out when checking our reservation online. This was under the new C&A upgrade rules.

Previously we have been notified by phone or our TA was notified. A couple of times just at check in.

Not a hard and fast rule on how they do it. My profile say just automatic upgrade and they have called me directly and also have called my travel agent. As far as I ma concerned they can send smoke signals. I just feel fortunate to get one . :):)

How did you find out Ellen - did they call you?

Yes and no- Actually I got one of those courtesy calls you get right before your cruise and I always ask if I got upgraded and every time EXCEPT this one the answer was yes you did. The man thought I already knew but I did not.:)

So technically no I did not get a call. We went from an OV (cheapo rate) to a balcony. I asked and it was aloyalty upgrade not revenue.

Edited by molly361

Yes and no- Actually I got one of those courtesy calls you get right before your cruise and I always ask if I got upgraded and every time EXCEPT this one the answer was yes you did. The man thought I already knew but I did not.:)

So technically no I did not get a call. We went from an OV (cheapo rate) to a balcony. I asked and it was aloyalty upgrade not revenue.

Nice upgrade!:) How did you have your upgrade preferences set on the webste?

We'd love an upgrade, especially after the whole Rhapsody mess. But we're still Diamonds. Our table mates told us that upgrades start after reaching 300 points.

That is not true. We do not have 300 points and got upgraded on the Enchantment. There was also at least 1 Diamond member that got upgraded as well.

We'd love an upgrade, especially after the whole Rhapsody mess. But we're still Diamonds. Our table mates told us that upgrades start after reaching 300 points.

so not true. D+ starts at 175. I had 175 points exactly when I got my first substantial C&A upgrade.

Has anyone received an C&A upgrade (not upsell) when you had you reservations linked with others. Just wondering if its better not to have your reservations linked, especially if you are doing mTD anyway.

Has anyone received an C&A upgrade (not upsell) when you had you reservations linked with others. Just wondering if its better not to have your reservations linked, especially if you are doing mTD anyway.

I don't believe linked reservations affects the likelihood of an upgrade. Both times we have been upgraded, our bookings have been linked with one or more other bookings.

I don't have it checked and the C&A told me to select it. I told them as I was B2B I would only want to upgrade if I would get it, the same cabin, on both. So, I can only upgrade if all go on sell at the same time with the same cabin available and that doesn't happen.

I did call and get the E3 from the OV I paid for. If I didn't care about changing cabins I would have been in a D2 and D1 for them. I could have gotten a D2 on the third but not at the same time.

This is one reason I am thinking of trying to book just one longer cruise instead of the b2b2b2b that I am doing this time.

I got a loyalty upgrade from D1 to a JS on my recent TA, but they have only awarded me 14 points and not 28. Anyone know if this is usual? :confused:

Yes, this is normal. You only get points based on the stateroom category for which you paid.