Nice surprise for "most traveled" on Golden

cruiseidaho

On our just completed three-day coastal cruise on the Golden Princess, we received a letter informing us that due to the length of this cruise, a most traveled luncheon would not be held. Instead, we were offered the choice of complimentary dining in the Crown Grill, Sabatini's, or the Crab Shack. We enjoyed a wonderful dinner in Sabatini's with our two grandkids (half-price) and appreciated the gesture from Princess very much.

That is awesome! I would much rather have those choices than the luncheon. Not that I've earned enough days for a MTL or anything, but I'll be there one day! ;)

You may hit it in Alaska.

Alaska is the only place we've made the cut for the MTP event which was only cocktail parties. With so many booking the 100% FCC promotion for short cruises the cutoff may be as high as on our Royal Med/TA which as I recall was over 700 days! :eek:

Maybe we'll get lucky & get a free specialty restaurant meal if we make the MTP cutoff in January. ;)

Edited by Astro Flyer

On our just completed three-day coastal cruise on the Golden Princess, we received a letter informing us that due to the length of this cruise, a most traveled luncheon would not be held. Instead, we were offered the choice of complimentary dining in the Crown Grill, Sabatini's, or the Crab Shack. We enjoyed a wonderful dinner in Sabatini's with our two grandkids (half-price) and appreciated the gesture from Princess very much.

Would love to see this since my next 3 cruises consist of a four day and a five day. And I know I always qualify for the luncheon. Something to look forward to if in fact they do it on the Ruby.

The luncheon has always been a highlight but a speciality restaurant would be a nice change. We have 2 Princess cruisess booked. If we are MTP I would still prefer the luncheon.

There's always a luncheon or a cocktail party for the most traveled on all cruises of 7 days or more. If they are offering a specialty dinner on the short cruises, that's something new we can look forward to.

Never have been on a 3 nighter ... but seems what was offered to the most traveled was fair. Honestly, we would not have expected anything.

LuLu

~~~~

I certainly didn't expect anything either, but it was much appreciated and enjoyed. The three and four day cruises offer a nice break if one lives within driving distance of a port such as LA. Now, if Princess would come up with a foreign port stop other than Ensenada on every cruise, it would be perfect.

What is this? We were on the Golden last February and never saw a Crab Shack.

•Crab Shack – Seafood lovers will have a full crab shack experience, complete with mallets, bibs and buckets. Diners can enjoy crawfish in a Bayou-style “Mud Bug” boil, spiced peel and eat shrimp, or a mixed steamer pot filled with snow crab, jumbo shrimp, clams, and mussels. Cover charge: $20

And just so you know, Barbara went to the mat for you. I was in her office while she was arranging the dinner and she was initially told no by the Dine Line. So she went and arranged it herself.:)

A very nice offer indeed.

And just so you know, Barbara went to the mat for you. I was in her office while she was arranging the dinner and she was initially told no by the Dine Line. So she went and arranged it herself.:)

Just who is Barbara? I would like to thank her personally and encourage her to continue "going to the mat" for us.

Just who is Barbara? I would like to thank her personally and encourage her to continue "going to the mat" for us.

Maybe it wasn't you that I saw or I got her name wrong, lol. She is the Captains's Circle hostess. I was sitting with her while she made the arrangements for a party of 4 for that evening, and she did say that they were most travelled, so it had to happen,

Edited by critterchick

Sounds nice, but... There is so much whining here about officers not showing up at some meet and greet... If you give up the cocktail party / lunch, you give up the time to schmooze with the captain at your table.

Sounds nice, but... There is so much whining here about officers not showing up at some meet and greet... If you give up the cocktail party / lunch, you give up the time to schmooze with the captain at your table.

It is nice to "schmooze" with the officers, although we have never been at the captain's table. However, one luncheon with another officer led to a private visit to the bridge, which was very enjoyable.

It is nice to "schmooze" with the officers, although we have never been at the captain's table. However, one luncheon with another officer led to a private visit to the bridge, which was very enjoyable.

A few weeks ago I was on Coral, and I was the second most

traveled guest. I guess all the heavy hitters were at home

posting on cruise critic...

Anyway, I come in, get my picture taken with the captain, and

sit at the table with my name tag.

There is an empty chair, and no host at the table.

For a few minutes, I was wondering who the host would be.

Then, of course, it dawned on me, the top three would

be seated with the captain. I had a good laugh at myself

for not figuring that out in advance.

Some of the lunches are nice, but often one of more of the

heavy hitters are self-important boors. As was the case

this time.

Unfortunately, I (male) was alone, and boor (female) were

alone, and people assumed we were together. Oy.

A few weeks ago I was on Coral, and I was the second most

traveled guest. I guess all the heavy hitters were at home

posting on cruise critic...

Anyway, I come in, get my picture taken with the captain, and

sit at the table with my name tag.

There is an empty chair, and no host at the table.

For a few minutes, I was wondering who the host would be.

Then, of course, it dawned on me, the top three would

be seated with the captain. I had a good laugh at myself

for not figuring that out in advance.

Some of the lunches are nice, but often one of more of the

heavy hitters are self-important boors. As was the case

this time.

Unfortunately, I (male) was alone, and boor (female) were

alone, and people assumed we were together. Oy.

Hopefully your captain carried the ball. Some are very chatty so the boors don't have the time to talk about themselves.