Cost of Aug 2014 British Isles Cruise has gone up

oskidunker

Not uncommon on the more exotic itineraries. Could shift quite a few times between now and then based on demand.

+ $200 for Balconies. Mid ships almost gone. Seems a long ways out for this. Last year it went down to $1800 pp. Now $3200. Booked at 3k even

Princess, like all other cruise lines depends on supply and demand to drive pricing.

Once the launch prices are determined, I have been told that very sophisticated computer algorithms control the pricing based on supply and demand. If selling goes well, prices increase. If selling is slow, prices drop.

This is the essence of a free market economy.

P&J

I had to laugh at this .Are you calling the British Isles exotic ? I am a Brit and in my wildest dreams I cannot think of it as exotic

I'm not a Brit and found it funny too. It's interesting, fun, and you get to see some good ports. It's just not exotic. I think it's costly because not every line does this itinerary.

I had to laugh at this .Are you calling the British Isles exotic ? I am a Brit and in my wildest dreams I cannot think of it as exotic

Exotic definition: originating in or characteristic of a distant foreign country.

So to you, the USA would be by definition "exotic."

To us in the colonies, the British Isles are "exotic."

Exotic definition: originating in or characteristic of a distant foreign country.

So to you, the USA would be by definition "exotic."

To us in the colonies, the British Isles are "exotic."

True... but sad... Now Tahiti or Thailand... thats exotic.

Anyway, regarding prices.... I think they (or the computers!) may begin raising prices for the summer around this time in anticipation of people booking through the Holidays as gifts to their families. The prices on all the BI cruises next summer went up some. They had a big price drop a couple of months ago so their moving higher is not a big surprise as we move through the holidays and into the "wave" season.