WOW sale not eligible for FOS

I just booked a cruise for Nov. 30, 2014 on FOS but it was NOT included in the WOW sale. I'm disappointed as I hoped for onboard credit and reduced deposit.

I could have booked the same CRUISE on a DOT COM site and received free gratuities worth amost $200, but since I always book thru the cruiseline so I can access any information I was kinda hesitant. What are your opinions?

However, I did get the price I wanted and the perfect balcony location plus they will be putting up Christmas decorations that we have never seen.

The only thing that worries me now is the price of airfair one or two days after Thanksgiving. I hope booking flight very early will help.

I have never booked during a WOW sale but I thought ALL sailings were included.:rolleyes:

Like Bob said you have 60 days to switch your reservation. It depends on how much being in control of your reservation means to you.

I have been watching that same sailing.

I just booked a cruise for Nov. 30, 2014 on FOS but it was NOT included in the WOW sale. I'm disappointed as I hoped for onboard credit and reduced deposit.

I could have booked the same CRUISE on a DOT COM site and received free gratuities worth amost $200, but since I always book thru the cruiseline so I can access any information I was kinda hesitant. What are your opinions?

However, I did get the price I wanted and the perfect balcony location plus they will be putting up Christmas decorations that we have never seen.

The only thing that worries me now is the price of airfair one or two days after Thanksgiving. I hope booking flight very early will help.

I see $100 OBC available when booking this cruise for WOW sale ...

Did you by chance happen to use your C&A balcony discount as this is not combinable with the WOW sale.

HMMM...Now that RCL's crack new booking system automatically applies balcony discounts, I wonder if that would cause a booking to not be eligible for the WOW sale OBC:rolleyes:

HMMM...Now that RCL's crack new booking system automatically applies balcony discounts, I wonder if that would cause a booking to not be eligible for the WOW sale OBC:rolleyes:

Very good, you may have something there.:)

OP, this most likely is another IT glitch, but the balcony discount is probably more than the OBC. I have never understood the appeal of the reduced deposit. We still have to pay the entire amount eventually.

I would call C&A and ask them what your options are. And then transfer your booking to the TA that is offering perks. I believe C&A will have a list of TAs.

Edited by Mystaken

I already posted this on another thread, I did book FOS today, and was told the only exclusion was QOS. I took the D+ balcony discount...it was greater than the $100 OBC that was offered. I hadn't realized until last night there was a WOW sale, I tried to book our cruise online and saw it, but the website can never give me the connecting cabins I want...I'm always told not available, and offered something else, usually two cabins on different decks, lol. Calling direct gets me better results.

There must be some mistake. I just booked our honeymoon on the FOS and received the WOW savings. But I did book through my TA.

We are booked on this same cruise! Look forward to seeing you in 362 days :D. we booked on the wow sale back in June and got perks for this cruise but it was through a dotcom site.

I'm on the phone with RC now. They are telling me that I can't use my D+ balcony discount and get the 50% deposit! I understand the OBC not being combinable, but not getting the reduced deposit is ridiculous.

I'm on hold for a supervisor. This is no way to treat their loyal customers. If I can't get the reduced deposit, I'm certainly not going to book.

Just talked with first level of "supervisor" with no good resolution. Am working my way up the food chain. Will keep you all posted.

I'm on the phone with RC now. They are telling me that I can't use my D+ balcony discount and get the 50% deposit! I understand the OBC not being combinable, but not getting the reduced deposit is ridiculous.

I'm on hold for a supervisor. This is no way to treat their loyal customers. If I can't get the reduced deposit, I'm certainly not going to book.

Just talked with first level of "supervisor" with no good resolution. Am working my way up the food chain. Will keep you all posted.

RCI's policy of not allowing WOW sale to be combined with C&A discounts has been in place for quite a while now. You can pick which promo you want to use but you do not get to pick parts of a promo. Sorry but the rules are clear and I think that it is you that is being unreasonable and not RCI.

RCI's policy of not allowing WOW sale to be combined with C&A discounts has been in place for quite a while now. You can pick which promo you want to use but you do not get to pick parts of a promo. Sorry but the rules are clear and I think that it is you that is being unreasonable and not RCI.

I finally reached a decision maker and was given the courtesy of the reduced deposit. The key word here is "policy"...It does allow for some wiggle room for those supervisors who have common sense.

I guess I just don't see the reduced deposit which has to be paid eventually as that much of an enticement. I like the OBC though:)

For us, that is why we booked the cruise now. Putting down $250 is a lot easier than putting down $500. Yes, I know we will have to pay it eventually.

I finally reached a decision maker and was given the courtesy of the reduced deposit. The key word here is "policy"...It does allow for some wiggle room for those supervisors who have common sense.

I always love it when people think they are special little snowflakes that deserve something no one else does because they don't want to bother to read the terms of a promotion that clear states the rules. :rolleyes:

But hey, at least you pushed and pushed and pushed until you pressured them to give in after so many others were told no. I bet you feel good about that, too.

Edited by cruisnseas

I always love it when people think they are special little snowflakes that deserve something no one else does because they don't want to bother to read the terms of a promotion that clear states the rules. :rolleyes:

But hey, at least you pushed and pushed and pushed until you pressured them to give in after so many others were told no. I bet you feel good about that, too.

If others are not willing to go to bat for themselves, so be it. I'm not a snowflake...I'm a steel magnolia.