Looks like RCI is going to change their Crown and Anchor program.

ALSEAU

I received the same email and we have never sailed on the Indy. Later, I received another email stating the error, and asking me to fill out a survey related to our cruise last December which I completed.

I also noticed the groupings and categories were all related to perks. Some we use and some we don't use at all.

Maybe a change is coming to C&A.

Edited by JimAOk1945

Give it time. I originally got an email asking about our recent Independence cruise. We haven't been on Indy for a year. Then they send an email saying the Indy email was an error, and we should have received the C&A survey. They have got some IT issues.

Same for us - we got an email about a survey on our 'recent Indy cruise' and we've never cruised on Indy!:confused: So I deleted the email. Then I saw here on CC that it was really a C&A survey. Oh no! Did I blow it by not proceeding to the Indy survey?:o

But WAIT! About a week later we got the OOPS email from RC with the C&A survey, which I did respond to…making all those choices…it was hard! :rolleyes: (I don't know that it matters, but we're D+.)

Yes, they definitely have some IT issues!

Judy

Edited by foxgoodrich

Filled mine out about a week ago. Clarea, got the same thing based on the Indy, but haven't sailed her in a couple of years. Got the same second email
Yes, we got the Indy survey. Then an email saying it was emailed to us in error. And, then we got the same survey again. I thought about copying some of the questions. Lots of questions about Diamond lounge, priority embarkation/debarkation, robes, discounts on alcohol, dining with ship officer, balcony discount, etc.

We've received 2 emails suggesting we book the spa for our upcoming cruise. We have none booked on RCL at the moment.

I wouldn't put too much thought into the emails - they haven't.

Oh, that's funny! (And, so true!) Our cruise isn't until May and we've also gotten the spa promo.

We are Emerald - got the survey last week, but we are booked on 2 upcoming cruises that will push us up to Diamond.

We usually sail in a balcony, but last cruise, for an anniversary, we were in a full suite, so we had a few survey questions about the Concierge Lounge, and quite a few "would you prefer" questions relating to balcony discounts .

I guess the surveys are tailored to your sailing history - but hope it may just mean some changes to those savings booklets - I'd hate to think they are going to change the Diamond benefits, just as we are getting close....

I received a survey but it covered the on board Loyalty Ambassadors and their role/assistance in selecting and choosing ships, cabins, dates etc. in booking a cruise.

That is very interesting. . . . because I read elsewhere that RCL had plans to separate the selling portion of the job for the Loyalty staff and cut the # of staff. I read this a few months ago.

As the OP said some of the combination were interesting. [ i.e. who would pick a 10% discount on logo RCL items over the balcony discount? :eek: ]

Seems like whenever a cruise line or airline or whatever changes their loyalty program, they always frame the changes in wording along the lines of "We listened to our customers, and they said "X" was the most important thing..." So then when they take away "Y", they tweak "X" a little to make it more appealing. It doesn't fool anyone; it's clear that the program was minimized when "Y" was taken away, and tweaking "X" was just a way to try to hide that. So.... when I see a survey worded like this, I start wondering: What are they going to take away? Are they going to increase the balcony discount $20 (because customers said that was most important, when compared to a 10% discount on logo merchandise, LOL) but take away something else and hope we won't notice because gosh darn it, look- they increased the balcony discount! :eek:

Who else has filled out a detailed survey concerning all the current offerings of the Crown and Anchor program?

Took about 20 minutes to fill out the survey. They listed multiple lists of 5 items currently in the book. Asking me to identify the most important and the least important items to me in that group. They covered every item in the booklet. I got the sense that they used some of my answered to create additional list to make me chose from items that I had preciously answered as important to me.

Completed this survey last week.

Nothing to do with a recent cruise but did ask how many taken and how much on average was spent on them and was heavily geared towards C&A benefits and perks.

It DID mention possible new benefits such as: Beverage discounts. Buy two, get the 3rd free (alcoholic beverages and other specialty drinks)

As mentioned by the OP, it asked over and over again, which is the most important to you and the least important by bundling different benefits in various combinations and again asked which combo was important and which wasn't. They did play one benefit off against another by putting two previous 'most important' in the same list.

There was also the option to say 'all were important' 'some were important' or 'none important' for each bundle.

It certainly looks like they are gathering feedback with the possibility of making changes.

Hopefully the good benefits will remain or be improved and the not so good or least important will be removed.

The only problem with these kind of surveys is that a benefit that is important to one person is not important to another and vice versa.

Edited by icsys

[quote name='jellyfish39']We are Emerald - got the survey last week, but we are booked on 2 upcoming cruises that will push us up to Diamond.
We usually sail in a balcony, but last cruise, for an anniversary, we were in a full suite, so we had a few survey questions about the Concierge Lounge, and quite a few "would you prefer" questions relating to balcony discounts .
I guess the surveys are tailored to your sailing history - but hope it may just mean some changes to those savings booklets - I'd hate to think they are going to change the Diamond benefits, just as we are getting close....[/QUOTE]

We are in the same boat, our cruise in January will get us to Diamond, so I hope nothing happens till then and maybe we will be grandfathered in!:D:D:D

Keith