Can you take a Guitar on Board

Pattis_61

While I appreciate your input, your lecture is not appreciated. I do not need to be schooled in manners, but perhaps you do. My husband (who by the way is quite good) wants to play the guitar on our balcony. Why can't people just answer a question without being rude and condescending!

On one of our cruises a guy turned up with a set of bagpipes. He used to play up on the top deck away from everybody. He was amazing and soon attracted quite a large audience. :) mummsie

What if your neighbour enjoys hearing it? Should they suffer because you're intolerant of others?

Look, everyone! Redcard has joined the conversation. He enjoys spending time writing fake threads and getting folks riled up. Hi, Redcard! How are you??? Did you ever get an answer to your question about whether the ship would wait for you in port because one of your legs is longer than the other?

Edited by micmacmissy

Look, everyone! Redcard has joined the conversation. He enjoys spending time writing fake threads and getting folks riled up. Hi, Redcard! How are you??? Did you ever get an answer to your question about whether the ship would wait for you in port because one of your legs is longer than the other?

Like!! :D:D:D

I was part of a group that brought Native American flutes on board, along with small drums, shakers, and rattles. We didn't have a guitar among our instruments, but I don't think it would have been a problem. We had daily workshops in one of the conference rooms and invited people to join us. We also played in a corner of the solarium and had a number of people stop by to ask questions and to sit with us. Nobody complained. My roommate and I played our flutes on our balcony and our neighbors told us that they enjoyed listening.

My roommate is a retired minister and conducted the Sunday morning service. Several of us played flutes during the service. We invited the attendees to join us at our workshop after the service. Several of them went home with PVC flutes one of the flute makers in the group gifted to them. One member of our group plays professionally and performs all over the country. She did a 30-minute concert one day and everybody was invited.

Everything was set up in advance prior to our cruise. It was a pleasant experience, and we hope to do another flute cruise next year.

While I appreciate your input, your lecture is not appreciated. I do not need to be schooled in manners, but perhaps you do. My husband (who by the way is quite good) wants to play the guitar on our balcony. Why can't people just answer a question without being rude and condescending!

Well, her information is incorrect. The lecture is just secondary.

micmacmissy, the best way to deal with someone like this is to ignore them. Put them on your Ignore List, and at the very least, do not respond.

Edited by Langley Cruisers

Play it in your cabin or get permission to play the guitar in a empty lounge. When I am sitting on my balcony day or night all I want to hear is the sounds of the ship cutting through the ocean blue. :)

Everyone be real quiet, and don't talk or even breathe too loud , runner wants to hear the ocean blue. Please, I don't think a little quietly played music is going to ruin your vacation, remember you are on a ship with 3000 people .

WELL i like playing the trumpet. And I am really good at playing it. Can i sit out on my balcony and play my trumpet. I mean after all I am really good and I know all my neighbors wanna hear me play to. And if they dont isnt it about what I want anyway?

I'll sum this up. No rules against taking a guitar on the ship. So my husband will take his acoustic and will play quietly on his balcony. We will ask our adjoining neighbors if it bothers them. If it does, we will stop. We cruise a lot and I understand that it is EVERYONE"S vacation - but it is also OUR vacation that I am paying just as much as other people. So I will be courteous and considerate, but I will enjoy MY vacation also. And if playing a guitar quietly will ruin someone's vacation, then I feel sorry for them. It would be no more intrusive than having people outside on their balcony's talking.

This was my 1st thought as well. Professional musicians onboard aren't playing outside in the salty, wet ocean air. I really can't imagine that would be good for any instrument. My DD plays both the violin and guitar and I wouldn't want her risking damage to either one by bringing them aboard.

Also, the cases for both are big. I honestly don't know where either would go in a standard balcony cabin with all the other stuff we bring onboard.

What about those band members who play their instruments on the pool deck? I would suggest, but I have been know to have been wrong, that the air surrounding the pool deck would be salty, wet ocean air.

Cruise Critic does feature a few characters in it's line up of posters.:eek::D:D

Everyone be real quiet, and don't talk or even breathe too loud , runner wants to hear the ocean blue. Please, I don't think a little quietly played music is going to ruin your vacation, remember you are on a ship with 3000 people .

I have often complained to guest services and put it on my comment cards countless times about the noise while I am on my balcony. I've asked that those musicians on deck be banned. For the love of it all, please stop with the game playing and belly flop contests-I can not hear a darn thing going on in the ocean because of this racket and cheering. Oh-and lets not even get into the sail away party. I've paid good money to sit with my honey bunch in peace a quiet to watch our departure port dwindle away in size and begin my journey onward and forward!!

[insert sarcasm]

Come on folks-lighten up.;)

I have often complained to guest services and put it on my comment cards countless times about the noise while I am on my balcony. I've asked that those musicians on deck be banned. For the love of it all, please stop with the game playing and belly flop contests-I can not hear a darn thing going on in the ocean because of this racket and cheering. Oh-and lets not even get into the sail away party. I've paid good money to sit with my honey bunch in peace a quiet to watch our departure port dwindle away in size and begin my journey onward and forward!!

[insert sarcasm]

Come on folks-lighten up.;)

I go one further

I bring a spear gun with me and if one of those damn dolphins or whales shatters my peace and quiet with their incessant ear pierceing splashing sounds . Its lock and load ....:)

I go one further

I bring a spear gun with me and if one of those damn dolphins or whales shatters my peace and quiet with their incessant ear pierceing splashing sounds . Its lock and load ....:)

Oh boy, now you went and did it. Besides CC posters, PETA will be all over you any second now......................:p

You can put the baby back in the box it came in, but then you would hear the mother screaming all night. :)

The above quote is by far my favorite post to date. Brilliant!

On the subject of playing your guitar on board, just sing "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald" over and over and over again. Four chords and six-and-a-half minutes long. Repeat as needed. By then people will be shouting requests from their balconies, like the theme from the Titanic, or maybe "The Morning After" from the Poseidon Adventure.

The above quote is by far my favorite post to date. Brilliant!

On the subject of playing your guitar on board, just sing "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald" over and over and over again. Four chords and six-and-a-half minutes long. Repeat as needed. By then people will be shouting requests from their balconies, like the theme from the Titanic, or maybe "The Morning After" from the Poseidon Adventure.

Whistleing the theme from The High and The Mighty on a plane during takeoff can get the same effect.