Printing luggage tag

Troyer5

:confused:I need help as RCI is only mailing tags for suites. I know where to find the tags, but don't know what size of paper to use.

I know on my printer how to change configurations but haven't figured out which is best to use.

Letter size paper in portrait with no header or footer cuts off the tag at the end, leaving important stuff in that area off. I have not tried landscape mode [haven't had time].

:confused:Should I get legal size paper?

Thanks in advance.

Doug

I agree with regular size paper from a printer. Just did it last week for an upcoming trip. Some folks laminate or use clear packing tape to reinforce and the labels are fine. I cut the labels and then use the plastic holders available through Amazon or CC. You may also choose just to get labels at the port. :)

They are designed to be printed on standard printer paper, then folded to give them strength when you put them on your luggage. We usually print a "master" then get "whole page label paper." The back has removable plastic to expose a "sticky" side. Put the master in and print a label. Then put the sheet back in with the master on the other side of the copier to print a second tag on the same sheet. Then you cut them out, and only remove enough of the back to expose about 1/4 or 1/3 of the sticky tape to place them around your luggage. Saves time, saves paper, and they are just like the ones RCI used to send.

We also print on regular paper. We fold them and place them in the clear plastic holders from Amazon. I also believe that CC has them in their store, but they were out of stock before our last cruise, so we had to buy them from Amazon. They make nice Christmas presents for people who cruise since most cruise lines are doing luggage tags this way now.

:confused:I need help as RCI is only mailing tags for suites. I know where to find the tags, but don't know what size of paper to use.

I know on my printer how to change configurations but haven't figured out which is best to use.

Letter size paper in portrait with no header or footer cuts off the tag at the end, leaving important stuff in that area off. I have not tried landscape mode [haven't had time].

Thanks in advance.

Doug

Depending on where you're sailing out of, I would most likely not even bother. At most of the ports, the porters will happily label your bags appropriately in a flash. There have been some reports of this slowing things down, but at the regular ports (Everglades, Canaveral, Tampa, Baltimore, Bayonne, etc...), this seems to be a non-existent problem.

Regular 8.5 X 11 paper is the size you will need to print your luggage tags. Some use clear packaging tape to reinforce prior to putting them on luggage. When RCCL began this process, many clear tags to purchase became available. I found clear bookmark sleeves were the perfect size and use those.

If you don't have access to a printer, then getting the tags at the port works just as well.

Have a great cruise.

Thanks in advance.

Doug

Hi Doug,

If part of the info. is getting cut off, in your printer settings go to tab "effects" check the box next to "scale to fit" with the letter size option and it will fit an 8.5 x 11. Some printers also have an auto option for portrait and landscape. Good luck.

They are designed to be printed on standard printer paper, then folded to give them strength when you put them on your luggage. We usually print a "master" then get "whole page label paper." The back has removable plastic to expose a "sticky" side. Put the master in and print a label. Then put the sheet back in with the master on the other side of the copier to print a second tag on the same sheet. Then you cut them out, and only remove enough of the back to expose about 1/4 or 1/3 of the sticky tape to place them around your luggage. Saves time, saves paper, and they are just like the ones RCI used to send.

If you want an easier way to put multiple tags on one sheet, check out the luggage tag tool link in my signature. It lets you combine 4 tags on one page (optionally with your names preprinted) without any photocopying.

I didn't know that RCCL stopped sending luggage tags :eek: I just cruised NCL for the first time with a group of friends and when I had to print the tags I smugly said that RCCL sent them to you.

It wasn't that bad really, when folded they get very strong. Ours stayed on without a problem.

The tags are also in your cruise document PDF file. You can just print as many copies of that single page on 8.5 x 11 inch paper.

I cut the tags and used the luggage holders available here on CC. They worked perfectly for embarkation. In fact my luggage was sitting at my door at 1 PM when we went to the room on the Allure. I like to think it was because they saw the Cruise Critic label, but I guess we were lucky.

I bought the plastic holders from CC and just printed off my tags for another lines we are doing in January. I will use them also for our Oasis trip in November. I just printed off the tags and cut them to fit into the plastic CC holders. They worked great. I am buying the holders for all the kids who are sailing with us in November.

Thanks for your help. I was printing from my documents, unfortunately no matter what you set your printer to do, it looks like they override the settings. I finally did online checkin & printed my tag that way.

The timing was not to mean cruise was soon,but as I live alone don't have much free time. I already have holders sold by CC and am flying in the day before. [no airline has flights that get into MIA from the WC before 4 PM].

Doug

If you want an easier way to put multiple tags on one sheet, check out the luggage tag tool link in my signature. It lets you combine 4 tags on one page (optionally with your names preprinted) without any photocopying.
I've used this luggage tag tool for our past 7 cruises... we do the one tag per page option and then print the luggage tag on both sides of the paper.I know you can get luggage tags at the port but it doesn't take 5 minutes to print and cut. I think they look pretty good myself.

67dg.jpg

Tim

I've used this luggage tag tool for our past 7 cruises... we do the one tag per page option and then print the luggage tag on both sides of the paper.I know you can get luggage tags at the port but it doesn't take 5 minutes to print and cut. I think they look pretty good myself.

67dg.jpg

Tim

They look fantastic! Much better than I ever managed!

Jo :)

you can also buy a roll of packing tape at the Dollar Store and make a 'sleeve for the luggage tags....if you're flying & have to change from airline tags to printed tags the roll is ez to throw in your bag...works great.

Just a suggestion..we did it...worked great.

Later -Pattie