Now that is a nasty shock

windsor26

Just embarked on Sun Princess. Went on sail away to get a sprite FROM THE GUN as we always do To b told unless you have a soda card you cannot purchase a soda from the gun you MUST purchase tin.

This is BAD they are Forcing us to purchase soda card and I do not want tyo do so as it makes mne drink more than I ordinarily would.

Is tghis on all the Princes ships now?

Just embarked on Sun Princess. Went on sail away to get a sprite FROM THE GUN as we always do To b told unless you have a soda card you cannot purchase a soda from the gun you MUST purchase tin.

This is BAD they are Forcing us to purchase soda card and I do not want tyo do so as it makes mne drink more than I ordinarily would.

Is tghis on all the Princes ships now?

What is "THE GUN"?

I thought I knew most of the things that happen on Princess but this is a new one on me.

Cheers

Bernie

I thought this was always the case. Soda gun is for soda cards and canned soda is for those who don't have a soda card. When I have asked for a soda with out a soda card, I always get canned soda. Not a fan of canned soda, I thought this was always the case.

On a cruise last month on the Crown. when I purchased a diet coke, sometimes it was a can and sometimes it was from "the gun". It was at the same bar each time, so maybe it depends on the bartender? I never noticed whether it was the same bartender each time that served it from the gun. I did not buy a soda sticker, and I was charged to per can price no matter whether it came from the gun or if I was served a can.

I believe the OP stated he did not want to buy a can of soda because that way, he gets more to drink than he wants. I understand his point completely, since I sometimes prefer a smaller amount myself.

Kathy

There are of course trade-offs. My experience with soda from the "gun" is that one typically gets a whole lot of ice and maybe not as much soda as one wants.

There are of course trade-offs. My experience with soda from the "gun" is that one typically gets a whole lot of ice and maybe not as much soda as one wants.

You can always ask for a soda with no ice along with a glass of ice.

Personally, I prefer a can when ordering because more often than not the gun's carbonated water/syrup mix is way off. We don't purchase a soda sticker anymore for that reason.

Lew

OP - Try another bar and see what answer you get to your question. Please let us know.

When I buy a soda, I prefer getting it in the can. I get more for my money! Besides, like Lew said, the soda to carbonation mix is often not right.

Pam, I agree, very few people understand Ice Cube Melt and it's affects on a good Diet Coke. I make it a point to drain my Diet Coke ASAP just for this reason. :D :D

I can understand where the OP is coming from. Sometimes I just want a small amount of pop as a refresher. A 12 ounce can would be wasted on me as I would only drink about half of it. I'm sure I've gotten a glass from the gun before. Other than as a cash grab why would they change it?

Yes please try at another bar and let us know. I for one do not like the can soda. Too much to drink and for some reason the gun tastes better to me. Maybe more water and less sweet. To each his own. Hopefully it was just the bar person.

If a can and glass cost the same and the can gives you too much to drink, just don't drink it all.

I think the OP was saying that if she bought the soda card, she ended up drinking too much, but wanted the "gun" soda rather than cans, perhaps due to taste.

On a cruise last month on the Crown. when I purchased a diet coke, sometimes it was a can and sometimes it was from "the gun". It was at the same bar each time, so maybe it depends on the bartender? I never noticed whether it was the same bartender each time that served it from the gun. I did not buy a soda sticker, and I was charged to per can price no matter whether it came from the gun or if I was served a can.

Now, that's just wrong, and it is something I would object to. There is a difference both in quality and quantity (unless you order a 12 oz cup, no ice).

I have encountered waiters in the dining room who would provide a soft drink later in the cruise without me having a soft drink card - but I was not charged, and chalked it up to customer satisfaction.

On every Princess cruise I have been on (Emerald, Golden, Grand, Ruby, Diamond) when I purchased a soft drink without a card I have always been given a can.

On the few times I have purchased a card it has always come from the bar gun.

Has been that way for 5 years at least.

I did check with another bar and was told it was a new rule

Apart from the too large drink in a can the price is double that of the soda from the gun and the gun soda's are not so strong.

Sorry this has upset some people but I thought it may be of interest.:confused:

Update Went to the vista for trivia and while waiting asked for a drink from the pump The serving lady said I would have to charge you for it and I replied of course it is $1.50 and she went off and served me at $1.50 so again Princess has not had a very good session of everyone being on the same song sheet!!

I'm weird and always ask for soda without ice, whether it's home or on the ship. I don't like the soda being diluted as the ice melts. :)

And here I thought that I was the only "weirdo" who doesn't want all that dang ice diluting my drink!