Conditioning shampoo - your opinion?

Kinkacruiser

I imagine it will be fleet wide. I was on the CB in November and they were in there. As for the products, I like the dispensers. The body wash did not seem to lather very well, so I used on the soap bars too. The shampoo works fine. I regularly use conditioner/shampoos and have no problem with them.

IMHO.

attachment.php?attachmentid=294218&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1385553277

I've read posts about this new set up (already on some ships) replacing the small shampoo and conditioner plastic bottles. Is this going fleet-wide?

Also, if you have used the new dispenser shampoo etc., what's your opinion?

What are they thinking? How in the world am I going to get that huge dispenser into my toiletries bag? Worse yet, I will run afould of the TSA's 3-1-1 rule.

What are they thinking? How in the world am I going to get that huge dispenser into my toiletries bag? Worse yet, I will run afould of the TSA's 3-1-1 rule.

Thanks for the snicker ... :D

Shampoo/conditioner isn't something I worry about. Yes, I have all my hair but keep it short so needing a conditioner's detangling properties isn't a priority.

Edited by beg3yrs

The dispensers are actually not very large, perhaps about 12 oz.

The liquid bath soap requires quite a bit of pumping to get enough to lather up adequately.

I found the shampoo lacking in many ways but mostly I found it too harsh and drying. Not sure where the "conditioner" part was because my hair came out a tangled mess and my husband actually laughed and said, "what happened to your hair" as I came out of the shower. I think it would be fine for short hair. Fortunately I did pack our "Wen" products so we didn't use the shampoo after the first try.

The dispensers worked fine for DH and me. They don't seem to have the same eucalyptus smell, which I missed but otherwise it was ok. You still get the little round soaps if you don't want to use the body wash in the dispenser.

I posted a thread about this two days ago. The dispensers were put in on the Crown during the Dec.7th cruise.The product left my hair so tangled,it took quite a bit of efforrt to comb out the tangles. I understand that the use iof the dispensers cuts the amount of trash and it is environmentally responsible , but I will pack my own shampoo and conditioner in the future.

I like the new conditioning shampoo probably for the same reason those who use conditioner don't like it. I do not use conditioner when shampooing as it makes my hair too soft. I liked the dispenser as well as the new tubes of shampoo and shower gel that were also provided in the Elite set up.

My thoughts on a combination product is…the products do two separate functions. One is a cleanser and one is a softener/detangler, trying to combine the two just doesn't work.

I prefer to take the mystery out of the whole situation by just taking my own toiletries. A small 2 oz. bottle of each does not take up much weight or space in the suitcase. I use so little of each product, 2 oz. is more than enough for me for even 3 weeks. I don't even bother packing 3 oz. bottles any longer. My bottles are refillable and spill proof, so cost or saving is no issue for me either.

I will check out the body wash gel…as long as it's not that horrid eucalyptus odor any longer. I am glad to not have all those little bottles on the counter, we usually just shove them onto the bottom shelf and tell the cabin steward to please not bring any more. I have used the eucalyptus body wash gel in the past for washing hands or hand washing delicates in the sink. The stuff dries my hands out, so no way would I use it on my body. I haven

t used bar soap in over 30 years, I figure if it leaves a scum in the tub, it's also leaving it on my skin.

I don't like liquid body wash. I prefer using a bar of soap. I usually have an extra in my Dopp kit picked up from a hotel. I'll be bringing conditioner too if Princess doesn't provide it anymore.

Edited by geoherb

Anyone know if this applied to the Royal? This definitely would not work for my long tangly hair...if so, I'll pack my own.

Was on the Royal last week and they had the shampoo/conditioner combination. It was a disaster for my hair -- luckily husband (who doesn't have much hair :D) had a small container of conditioner with him.

Does anyone know if in the full suites have they installed these dispensers or do they still supply the individual Lotus Spa Eucalyptus shampoo and conditioner bottles?

Full suite on the Royal last week had the new products (no eucalyptus) in taller, thinner bottles - and it was the shampoo/conditioner combination (in addition to containers of lotion and body wash).

Edited by capriccio

Just got off the Ruby and we had the large bottle of combo shampoo-conditioner. I was not happy. I hated it! First, we don't use conditioner but once a week, so we don't like being "forced" to do so each time we shower. Secondly, the reusable bottles are much less hygienic than the little toss-away bottles. They don't necessarily replace the big bottles between passengers. They just wipe them down. Can you spell norovirus? Thirdly, there weren't any holders for the bottle mounted in the shower and it didn't fit into the existing shower shelf. So it has to go on the floor and you have to keep bending over (in the tiny stall) to use it. Finally, it was way too flowery and perfumed for my sensitive nose. It gave me a headache just smelling it.