Cruise ship terminal out of NYC

nyfeds

Very convenient terminal. We are on this cruise too. I wonder if there is a roll call yet.

Well that's 3 of us..... We are getting off May22 after 33 days from Tahiti

Getting a flight at 1300 from EWR..home one of the few domestic flights to offer lie flat seats/bed

Well that's 3 of us..... We are getting off May22 after 33 days from Tahiti

Are you sure??

The 2015 cruise leave May 7th from NYC then leaves Montreal for the TA on May 18th I believe

I think you are on the 2014 cruise that ends in NYC May 22nd

Edited by LHT28

We're leaving on the May 22th New York to London. When the ship leaves does it go from the dock pass the Statute of Liberty? I'm guessing it's a really nice departing the city. We're in the very back of the ship so we're planning dinner in and outside deck in the cabin that night.

Rick

We're leaving on the May 22th New York to London. When the ship leaves does it go from the dock pass the Statute of Liberty? I'm guessing it's a really nice departing the city. We're in the very back of the ship so we're planning dinner in and outside deck in the cabin that night.

Rick

Ships that leave from the Manhattan Cruise Terminal go by the Statue of Liberty, which will be on the starboard side. You will have a great view of the midtown-to-lower Manhattan skyline on the port side, including the new Freedom Tower (One WTC). You'll also pass under the Verrazano Bridge.

It's spectacular after sunset, but you'll probably leave before then in May. In any case, lots of great photo ops!

Rick

jul277i.jpg

The ship will pass quite near the Statue when leaving New York Harbor, as this view of Holland America's Statendam IV suggests.

Unfortunately, you'll probably be hips deep in the Lifeboat drill, just as this vista is achieved.

We've sailed from New York dozens of times, and it never fails.... :o

Consider planning your Dinner for an hour later, to coincide with going under the Verrazano Narrows Bridge

4983820295_e113e21e74.jpg

I also think the drill is done before the ship sails, if it is warm have dinner in the Terrace outside at the back, you will see the sights on both sides. As you back out of the pier look upriver, you get a nice shot of the George Washington Bridge and the Palisades on the Jersey side. If you are new to NYC lots to see in one hour. Have fun!!!

Rick

We did it this May and the view was wonderful. No lifeboat drill to spoil it.:)

Unless it's changed since I made up my itinerary, the May 2014 departure is at 7pm out of NYC to Dover. All of our recent trips have had the boat drill around 5:00 or 5:15. If we have to be on board by 5:00, maybe the drill will be a little later ... but I don't think the ship wants to deprive passengers of the view sailing out of the harbor.

Mura

.. but I don't think the ship wants to deprive passengers of the view sailing out of the harbor.

Mura

Nor dinner ;)

Yes Mura you are right we leave at 7pm

The 2015 May 7th cruise leaves at 8pm

We did the NYC-London cruise in May 2013 and it was fabulous. We sailed at 8pm (actually, I think we backed out of the berth a few minutes early) and had a wonderful view of southern Manhattan, the Statue of Liberty and the VZN bridge as the sun went down. We were having champagne on our balcony when we saw the pier 'moving'; realized we were pulling out early and scrambled up top.

It was almost totally dark by the time we went under the VZN. Also, the ship moves at a rapid clip so it doesn't take long (maybe a half-hour, tops?) to be fully out to sea. Don't stay inside for an extra drink or you'll miss it.

I will never forget the sun setting behind the Statue of Liberty as we sailed past, nor the view of the Freedom Tower gleaming in the late evening light. It was magical and I can't wait to do it again one day.

387206442_FreedomTower.jpg.6053f38039402387f926c0fefbbbb4b9.jpg

1744515186_SoLSunset.jpg.9769b82e4dd4b5edf376a81f5f35f719.jpg

Caroldoll, There is a roll call. BTW, we, too, live in "the OC."

We're "native NYers" and it never ceases to amaze us just how beautiful that Statue of Liberty and NY skyline are! The sailaway should be breathtaking!

Edited by nyfeds

I just booked this cruise. Very excited that Oceania is doing this in May and on the Marina.

I cruised out of NYC on a Canada/New England many years ago. I'm originally from NY and worked in Manhattan for many years, so the NYC skyline brings tears to my eyes whenever I see it. It's most beautiful at night.

Haven't been to the NYC terminal in quite a few years, does anyone know if they updated it?

Another question, does any one know what time we will be able to board the ship? I know this ship doesn't get into NYC till 12:30pm. Planning to fly in that morning, hopefully drop off the luggage at the ship and go get lunch at Becco on 46th Street.

Happy Holidays to all!

I just booked this cruise. Very excited that Oceania is doing this in May and on the Marina.

I cruised out of NYC on a Canada/New England many years ago. I'm originally from NY and worked in Manhattan for many years, so the NYC skyline brings tears to my eyes whenever I see it. It's most beautiful at night.

Haven't been to the NYC terminal in quite a few years, does anyone know if they updated it?

Another question, does any one know what time we will be able to board the ship? I know this ship doesn't get into NYC till 12:30pm. Planning to fly in that morning, hopefully drop off the luggage at the ship and go get lunch at Becco on 46th Street.

Happy Holidays to all!

No doubt the sail away will be a beautiful one!

Will check out Becco, as we'll be in the City a few extra days. As native NYers now living in So. CA, we greatly miss NY Italian, pizza, and deli.

Looking forward to meeting another NYer, Cathy!