The cost of world cruises

sun-set

I think they have many reapeaters who pay the pricing. The ones who don't like flying.

Yes, I believe you are spot on there Sarah.

We are getting the big heat now that you had in Melbourne yesterday, 33C in Batemans Bay right now.

Feliz Navidad.

Edited by NSWP

Well, I just have to say that Princess is soooooooooo cruel! :cool: This morning I received a LARGE envelope with all details of the 2015 world cruise plastered all over it. Inside was a HUGE poster detailing all the ports they are visiting. I WANT TO DO IT, BUT........$20,000 for the cheapest early bird, and better than launch, fare!

Siiiiiggghhhh, how could they do it....... just before Christmas, too! :(:(:(

Very nice itinerary. I see that the Sea Princess is calling into Easter Island, Pitcairn Is and Tahiti - the same as this year's Dawn Princess RTW. Last year I think they went via Los Angeles and Hawaii. I think the 'via Easter Is' itinerary is better. :)

I like the easter island sector too. However still costly.

An overnight in both Venice and New York appeals, but as previous posters have said, the price is crazy!

We were lucky enough to do the World Cruise in 2012 on Sun Princess and enjoyed ourselves, but we secured a last minute deal and threw caution to the wind and decided to jump at the chance.

The other downside is the state of the Aussie dollar and how little they may get for the Euro. 104 nights means a lot of spending money!

I agree that quite a few previous world cruisers are travelling again in 2015.

Meanwhile, this little black duck will join other cruisers looking for better value!

Nicki

$100 per day is a very poor benchmark to set for a cruise fare.

You don't get far these days with $100/day if you were to go out and do the things around town that you do on a cruise ship so how can you possibly justify $100/day as being an acceptable level to set.

I know people use this figure as a benchmark price. Personally I think anything less than about $150 pppd is still cheap and as we like balconies anyway, we never get near this.

Exchange rates are not as favourable as they have been and this will impact on prices as well over time. Some people do aim for the magic $100 but I think things are changing and it will only be the super-specials that come in at or near this price point.

I know people use this figure as a benchmark price. Personally I think anything less than about $150 pppd is still cheap and as we like balconies anyway, we never get near this.

Exchange rates are not as favourable as they have been and this will impact on prices as well over time. Some people do aim for the magic $100 but I think things are changing and it will only be the super-specials that come in at or near this price point.

I posted some specials the other day, including some sub $100 for balconies. Coincidentally they were for world cruises to/through OZ!

But with Cunard, not P&O/Princess.

I posted some specials the other day, including some sub $100 for balconies. Coincidentally they were for world cruises to/through OZ!

But with Cunard, not P&O/Princess.

Cunard -- for less than $100 per day?? But - then again - you then have to factor in the cost of a Tuxedo into the fare.

Barry

Cunard -- for less than $100 per day?? But - then again - you then have to factor in the cost of a Tuxedo into the fare.

Barry

Come on Barry, one can get away without a tux on Cunard on formal nights, albeit the Cunarders might not like it.

I think I read on Cunard that a dark suit is suitable for formal or 'black tie nights.'