New afternoon canapes!!

Gracie115

I know we're in the minority, but we liked the old canapés. At least they were creative, something I can't dump out of a bag at home. Yes, I will agree the toasts were stale, but we'd scrape off the top stuff and really enjoyed them. Honestly...peanuts? olives? Pita and/or tortilla chips with hummus/salsa? How can you NOT do that at home?

BUT you never knew what they were.....and for people with allergies to seafood how do you take a chance when they present you with something unrecognizeable, stale, and when tasted....you STILL never knew what it was!!!?

We had them on the Refection Nov 30th sailing in Conceirge Class. They arrived everyday, you didn't need to ask for them or be there for them to be left. We enjoyed them very much. The old variety were good too but I like there. The only thing I wish they would go back to was the fruit bowl. The three apples on a plate just did not cut it. They were sour and hard as a rock. I missed the grapes!

We had the new canapes and found them unexciting. We told them not to bother. We simply ordered two shrimp cocktails from room service each afternoon. (Odd shrimp cocktails. Four large shrimp on a bed of lettuce with sauce on the side. )

:D

We had the new canapes and found them unexciting. We told them not to bother. We simply ordered two shrimp cocktails from room service each afternoon. (Odd shrimp cocktails. Four large shrimp on a bed of lettuce with sauce on the side. )

Don't know that any of them, including shrimp cocktail, cheese plates or the new current variety would qualify as exciting....but I'm with cruisenut...certainly beer & wine go better with the new selections...lol!!!:)

Curious if anyone knows if with the canapés if they take into account allergy requests. I've already put in my allergy requests...and put some strong wording in in regards to fruit (no citrus in the room) as I've heard Concerige class gets fruit.

I'm not stressed out about the canapés - it's just an extra but would I be better to just ask for cheese to be brought daily?

I doubt it, however you may simply ask that they not be delivered and then call room service and order something that is suitable for your food restrictions. (after all - It is the same price) :)

The last time we were in cabin that received canapés, we asked the attendant not to bring them as we did not care for the assortment. ( also did not want the alternate cheese plate or shrimp offered to us.) If we decided we wanted a snack one afternoon, we called room service .

Enjoy

M

PS - be prepared for a piece of citrus in the cabin. However, you may ask the attendant to remove it and I am sure he/she will make a note not to leave citrus for you on future days.

m

for peons like us who are not in CC and above to order afternoon canapés.? Or a cheese plate?

If not can we get some if we shlep up to the buffet court?

Yes, I've read the room service menu has cheese plates and shrimp cocktails available for anyone to order for the room for snacks and many prefer that to the canapes if they do get them in their room class. Not to worry...

I haven't cruised Celebrity yet (4 weeks though and I'll be enjoying my first time), but one thing I missed on previous cruises was 'snacky' items. There is so much food and most of it delicious, so I was never hungry per se, but I love small salty snacks from time to time. With the availability of items like cheese plate and shrimp cocktail from room service if you are looking for something more, these canapes look good to me. They also seem to be more practical for auto-delivery as most of the items will stand up to sitting out for a bit. Just a small nosh to go with pre-dinner drink that won't ruin my appetite for actual appetizers in the MDR. We have early dining, so these will be perfect. Can't wait!

They also seem to be more practical for auto-delivery as most of the items will stand up to sitting out for a bit. Just a small nosh to go with pre-dinner drink that won't ruin my appetite for actual appetizers in the MDR. We have early dining, so these will be perfect. Can't wait!

yup....that's how we saw it too.....:)

for peons like us who are not in CC and above to order afternoon canapés.? Or a cheese plate?

If not can we get some if we shlep up to the buffet court?

Hi there,

Not canapes...however you can order a cheese plate, amongst other things from room service at any time you like. I usually order a cheese plate to enjoy in the cabin while I'm having my glass of wine and getting ready for dinner. :)

There is a wide variety of food available late afternoon in the OV cafe that can be used as appetizers. The pizza/pasta bar has pizza, olives and other marinated vegetables, the salad bar remains open all day for crudites, afternoon tea is served 4-5pm, sushi from 5:30-9:30. The only thing more the CC and up classes have is delivery, which also means the food may be sitting around a while pre-plated on the trolley. Enjoy appetizers if you wish either RS or buffet.

Edited by Janet987

Curious if anyone knows if with the canapés if they take into account allergy requests. I've already put in my allergy requests...and put some strong wording in in regards to fruit (no citrus in the room) as I've heard Concerige class gets fruit.

I'm not stressed out about the canapés - it's just an extra but would I be better to just ask for cheese to be brought daily?

Im curious too. OH is veggie and wont eat anything unless it is definately veggie friendly.

I'm terribly confused as to why there is any excitement, disappointment or controversy surrounding this. I've seen the room service menu - why not order shrimp cocktail, cheese plate, pizza or whatever? it's just as "free" as the canapés, pita chips, olives etc. no?

Very well said. Never thought of that!