supervised kids not allowed in any jacuzzis?

jr72

The elderly are just as much at risk in hot tubs as children under 5. Shouldn't Celebrity ban anyone 65 or over from them as well?

They probably think that those over 65 (not there yet, but close), would have the sense, since they are adults, not to go into the hot tub or only stay in a short time, if they have health problems.

In addition to the young and those over 65, there is a wide range of medical conditions for which hot tubs may be contraindicated. They include, but aren't limited to:

High Blood Pressure

Heart Disease

Peripheral Vascular Disease

Diabetes Mellitus

Pregnancy

Cancer

Skin Lesions

Unfortunately, there are many adults who may not be aware of these issues.

Edited by Fouremco

If I can go in a different direction from kids in the hot tub. I can tolerate the kids, most of the time, but drunks really bother me. Last cruise there was this guy 50's that spent the entire day in a hot tub. He ordered and drank bucket after bucket of beers and not once did he ever get out to use the bathroom. He had to have peed in there multiple times. He was the talk of the pool deck. It turned out to be his personal hot tub.

Why would one not use the hot tub because kids are in it? Potty issues? I am sure plenty of grown folks use the hot tubs who later shower and put a Depends on under their formal wear. Just sayin'.....one would never know who is incontinent.

Exactly!!! that is why I would NEVER get in a public hot tub:eek:.

Public hot tubs creep me out - what is relaxing about soaking in a chemical filled hot bath with a bunch of strangers while their and your dead skin is sloughy off and floating on everyone else. Yes people are peeing, hair is coming off of body parts and floating around - the whole idea is gross and then you want to let children go into that - yuck. Hot tubs when cleaned still are not clean - all kinds of yucky gunk is trapped in the pipes that just keeps re-circulating :eek::cool: You all argue it out about who should or shouldn't be in the hot tub but luckily - it won't be me! ;):D

hey get couple time..leave kids, babes at home....you deserve it and once you try it you will know you have trully had a holiday...
Our children are the most precious things in our lives - why on earth would I want to leave them at home?

"Normal life" keeps us all so busy with work, school, church, sports, music lessons, etc. With all the running around, there is never enough family time.

What I treasure most about our vacations is the opportunity to just relax and be together with our children without the pressures and commitments of everyday life.

(And yes - I certainly hope some of that relaxing might happen in the restaurants, pools and hot tubs during a cruise.)

That is how I know I have truly had a holiday.

Public hot tubs creep me out - what is relaxing about soaking in a chemical filled hot bath with a bunch of strangers while their and your dead skin is sloughy off and floating on everyone else. Yes people are peeing, hair is coming off of body parts and floating around - the whole idea is gross and then you want to let children go into that - yuck. Hot tubs when cleaned still are not clean - all kinds of yucky gunk is trapped in the pipes that just keeps re-circulating :eek::cool: You all argue it out about who should or shouldn't be in the hot tub but luckily - it won't be me! ;):D

Gulp... :o

1448826341_26124097_answer_1_xlarge.png

why am I always the one singled out for lambasting when I post my views? actually my childhood was spent in and out of hospitals.. I never was a 'kid' I really could not care less that you think I am a horrible human being for the opinions I state. so where do you stand on that Duck Dynasty guy? or Paula Deen? are they destined for your utter scorn and ridicule too?

and when many parents acts like it's all about THEM and their god given right to inflict/impose their kids on others darn skippy I am going to make sure the oppsing view is heard.

as I said before every single hot Tub sign I have seen stated NO KIDS UNDER 16. not 'no kids unless supervised' NO KIDS.

and since when does anybody really believe the website any more.. on anything?!

I've never seen those signs EVER on the outdoor hot tubs and I've just checked the Celebrity today's from my last six cruises and they ALL state the outdoor whirlpools are open to children, they state "children must be under adult supervision" for the solarium it states "no under 16's" maybe that's where you've seen the signs.

On our last cruise the CD and entertainments manager filmed in the hot tub next to ours in swim shorts, suit jackets shirt & ties! I think they would have said if there was an issue.

A person after my own heart. You would never catch me in one of those germ laden cesspools.

Funny, I never realized that holidaying with my kids over the years, and now with my grandkids too, was something that I deserved a break from. DW and I didn't know that we had to be alone to "have trully (sic) had a holiday." Thanks for straightening us out! :)

Oh, should we cancel family Christmas too? Is it better without them around? :confused:

Well said! Hmm I'm trying to imagine 2500 childless parents aboard on the one ship. Nah! would not work for me.;)

Jane 2357:

After I cracked up laughing at your descriptive post, I realized why I never go in public hot tubs myself. Oh how you've given me a visual I can not escape, lol! I'll save soaking in a warm tub for my own home :-)

Jane 2357:

After I cracked up laughing at your descriptive post, I realized why I never go in public hot tubs myself. Oh how you've given me a visual I can not escape, lol! I'll save soaking in a warm tub for my own home :-)

LOL - I actually censored that post to be NOT as descriptive as it could have been :eek: Hot tubs are cesspools of nastiness - even with chemicals and hot water. I once had a plumber describe what is stuck in the pipes - even when "cleaned". VILE

obnurse - where are you in Michigan - I'm here now - freezing while I enjoy my family for Christmas. I'm from St. Joseph - the west side across from Chicago, right on Lake MI :D

While I certainly wouldn't want to drink the water, I've used public hot tubs on ships, at resorts and in fitness clubs for years with no ill effects. A good rinsing off after and I'm good to go. :)

I have been on 25+ cruises on many different cruise lines, including 4 previousl Celebrity cruises. On every cruise, there are some jacuzzis that are "adults only" and others where children are allowed if they are with their parents.

I am on the Reflection right now with my 10 and 12 year olds, and they say their "corporate policy" is no kids allowed in any jacuzzi. I have never heard of such a policy before, and I don't understand it. With the wind we have right now, some activities are canceled and one of the few activities remaining is to go in the pool, but with the water cool some people need the hot water in the jacuzzi to warm up. I totally understand you don't allow kids to jump in or fool around in or even go in unsupervised...but if a child needs to go in with their parents for a few minutes to warm up, you kick them out? I don't get it.

I do know that Reflection does enforce the policy of not allowing children in the Solarium area. I saw people and their children being asked to leave. I bet that is the area in question. I find it interesting that the concerns are "wind" and "water cool". Nothing is mentioned about the air temps. The Reflection is NOT in the North Atlantic this week.

Children will be children. They will treat it like a pool. In a hot tub, there are risks of getting infections from the micro-organisms in the tub. Children will put their heads in the water and get water in the ears, eyes, and mouth. That could really put a damper on a cruise. Plus children are at risk for over-heating as their bodies are affected rather quickly by the hot temperatures in a hot tub.

oh but we do and have had plenty of holidays with our kids..have taken them on cruises too, but once that are suitable for them...celebrity is not, unless you get rid of them to the kids program....then that is not family time....or you keep them with you and they are bored to death...and dont say yours dont get bored....have seen more than my share of bored , tired kids, whinning, crying, misbehaving....

as for couples time...very important...happy parents, happy kids...

unless of course the parents cant stand each other, have nothing to say to each other and the kids are just a distraction or glue that keeps them together..

I generally find it's not the children who are the issue - it's the parents! I've got nothing against quiet, well-behaved kids, but it's the little darlings who run wild who are less tolerable. I'm glad there are adults-only places on board and look forward to enjoying them.

Edited by AlexDouglass

Wouldn't it be nice if we could believe every parent who says that THEIR children are always well behaved,never act up , never splash in pools, and so on? Then there wouldn't be any need for long threads like this.

Although Celebrity has few attractions for children, the staff does a real good job managing the children's program. It is when some of these children are with their parents that can be problematic. What some parents see as "cute" is often annoying to others. But many parents just don't get it.

yes I agree with you , especially about making sure there are adult only spaces....that is the only way to solve the problem, we will never solve the one about parents....

so thank you celebrity for making sure that adults do have some places on the ship that can be ours....

just wish there was an adult only pool....even when there are 2 kids on the ship, they have always managed to clear out the pool, by splashing and running, screaming...all the adults seem to back up to the perimeter..stand a while, hoping the kids will soon be satisfied and gone....but ultimately the kids win, adults leave the pool, hoping to try again another day.....alas.....

yes I try and discipline by asking where are your parents, eventually the parent walks over to me and tells me off...."they are only children, we paid just as everyone else did, mind your own business....f********"....and other expletives......

oh yes, almost every time I go to the pool and stay long enough, this will happen.....it is almost predictable....you can almost time it....

if kids are on board, adults using the pool are the ones that dont mind the screaming, splashing, jumping ..etc...

my only choice is to avoid the pool altogether....too bad ...I really do enjoy it...