Tasteless desserts on the buffet

missouri mike

Key lime is pretty good, and the dulce de leche cheesecake is good IMHO

the various "cakes" and "tortes" are most often dry and tasteless

the "mousse" desserts are like whipped jello ?

I actually found most of the buffet to be pretty bad, I preferred fish and chips, Iguana or the sinful greasy but good Guy's burgers

Desserts in dining room were delicious every night - yum

99% of the desserts do taste lousy.

Usually the apple cake, served at embarkation is very good. Ecpecially when it is still frozen, lol.

Except for fruit I've almost given up on desserts.

Though the chocolate cake from room service is extremely good.

Has anybody else noticed this? They look great, but, are tasteless. Am I grabbing the wrong desserts from the buffet? Is this just a European (or somewhere else) thing? Maybe I eat way too many Milky Ways...lol.

No, it's hard to find a desert that tastes as good as it looks on a cruise ship. You would think something like Mango Moose Cake will burst with flavor, but it's a bland as it can be. Jello No-Bake Cheesecake is better than what passes for cheesecake on a cruise ship.

I find this true for all the cruises I have taken on Carnival, RCI, Princess, and HAL. The desserts on display look great but are fairly tasteless. Agree with previous poster, MDR or ice cream.

This is right on and throw in X ,one of the best things about Disney cruise line was the desserts but the rest of the food was so-so.

No, it's hard to find a desert that tastes as good as it looks on a cruise ship. You would think something like Mango Moose Cake will burst with flavor, but it's a bland as it can be. Jello No-Bake Cheesecake is better than what passes for cheesecake on a cruise ship.

Amen. They brought out my "cheesecake" and I laughed. I thought it was a joke. I don't know if they just don't care or don't understand a real cheesecake.

Lest we not forget the chocolate cake pops. SO good! Extremely moist and flavorful. Every other dessert (cakes/tortes) I tried while passing through the buffets were, as said, completely tasteless. They all seem to have this odd, dry texture. And the cheesecake? Ha.

Those chocolate chip cookies, however, mmmmm; they're dangerous! :)

Just off the freedom on sunday. Chocolate buffet was extremely disappointing. I agree with other posters that the chocolate cake from room service is awesome.

Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using Tapatalk

But you can order a fruit plate and WCMC at dinner:)