What happened to the Le Club Voyage announcement?

Jb-lhr

Comments all reflect a negative feeling about this topic. Azamara should pay attention. The longer they wait, the worse they look. Their mistake was to make any announcement until they had their act together.

Hi Redtravel,

For the most part I agree. There's little doubt this topic has disappointed many loyal Azamara guests. At the very least, they should have waited until plans were finalized. Sometimes, you get the feeling they are throwing stuff against the wall, and seeing what sticks. I hope their long term strategic goals are executed much better than this.

What's truly sad, is that by the time the LCV rollout is finally announced, all of the marketing firepower will probably be lost - unless of course, it's a gangbuster of an announcement. Let's hope for the best.

Comments all reflect a negative feeling about this topic. Azamara should pay attention. The longer they wait, the worse they look. Their mistake was to make any announcement until they had their act together.

It is impossible to disagree with either your or xport's comments. Azamara has more than disappointed us with these incessant promised dates where nothing has materialised.

BUT this is the first time that the company's CEO has mentioned a timeframe for the announcement and I am expecting him to come good on the undertaking he gave us two days ago.

I will be the first to flame him if this is yet another false dawn.

We sail on Quest in November 2014, hoping the changes are in place by then. We will be Discoverer Plus. If not, I am sure we will still have a fantastic cruise. :) :) :)

• 3 weeks later...

OK - I have clients on board 8/20 who are booking sailings for next year. I received the email confirmations yesterday and it was very confusing - Buy One Get One half off and then additional dollars off that were odd figures - so I called..... The discounts they are being offered are now tied to their tier and are a percentage of the fare (and NCCFs). It starts at 3% for lowest level and maxes out at 10% for top tier. In addition, I was informed that the internet packages would now be a discount off (vs. free minutes).

NOTHING in writing at this point - isn't that great?

jack

OK - I have clients on board 8/20 who are booking sailings for next year. I received the email confirmations yesterday and it was very confusing - Buy One Get One half off and then additional dollars off that were odd figures - so I called..... The discounts they are being offered are now tied to their tier and are a percentage of the fare (and NCCFs). It starts at 3% for lowest level and maxes out at 10% for top tier. In addition, I was informed that the internet packages would now be a discount off (vs. free minutes).

NOTHING in writing at this point - isn't that great?

jack

Hi Jack,

Let's hope the internet information is inaccurate. If true, that would be quite disappointing.

Hi Redtravel,

For the most part I agree. There's little doubt this topic has disappointed many loyal Azamara guests. At the very least, they should have waited until plans were finalized. Sometimes, you get the feeling they are throwing stuff against the wall, and seeing what sticks. I hope their long term strategic goals are executed much better than this.

What's truly sad, is that by the time the LCV rollout is finally announced, all of the marketing firepower will probably be lost - unless of course, it's a gangbuster of an announcement. Let's hope for the best.

I think this sums up what seems to be most of the current shoreside woes. My sense is that RCCL hasn't a clue about Azamara's brand identity and its' strategic direction. If they had any sense of brand positioning they'd invest more in IT support and get the website and the new loyalty tiering program sorted. It just seems that no-one at the Head Office is able to join the dots and present a coherent product.

It doesn't take a marketing genius to realise that unless we see some truly innovative ideas in the relaunch, the reaction will be "is that it?".

I really believe the staff and crew on Quest and Journey providing the stellar service on board deserve better than this.

I think this sums up what seems to be most of the current shoreside woes. My sense is that RCCL hasn't a clue about Azamara's brand identity and its' strategic direction. If they had any sense of brand positioning they'd invest more in IT support and get the website and the new loyalty tiering program sorted. It just seems that no-one at the Head Office is able to join the dots and present a coherent product.

It doesn't take a marketing genius to realise that unless we see some truly innovative ideas in the relaunch, the reaction will be "is that it?".

I really believe the staff and crew on Quest and Journey providing the stellar service on board deserve better than this.

It was Larry Pimentel who used the word 'innovative' when talking about the new level loyalty benefits during the recent CC chat so that is what I am expecting. LOL!

What other forum members have posted today sounds underwhelming to say the least but I would prefer to wait for the formal announcement.

If they stick to their word (and they haven't on several occasions) I will be on board Quest when details become known.

They have had months since the Celebrity announcement to get their ducks in a row and I hope for once that this is worth waiting for. Let's hope we all get a nice surprise.

All,

We are currently testing an enhanced onboard booking program tied to our new Le Club Voyage program benefits. It is needed from a technology perspective to make sure all the kinks are worked out before announcing. Please continue to be patient with us one more week. We are on schedule to announce the new LCV program the first week of September.

Thank you, Azamara.

All,

We are currently testing an enhanced onboard booking program tied to our new Le Club Voyage program benefits. It is needed from a technology perspective to make sure all the kinks are worked out before announcing. Please continue to be patient with us one more week. We are on schedule to announce the new LCV program the first week of September.

Thank you, Azamara.

Thanks for your update.

Please continue to be patient with us one more week. We are on schedule to announce the new LCV program the first week of September. Thank you, Azamara.

A. J. ,

Thanks for posting. :)

tick-tock, tick-tock.............I can see all those anxious people counting down now. Take a chill pill....:)......the announcement will be made when it is made.

At least this thread has been entertaining. One of the things I love about CC, so many different opinions. :D

New perks or not, I will be enjoying my new Elite Plus (from Celebrity) status in just one month so maybe things will be in place for my November cruise on Azamara Quest. ;) :)

ciao for now.

• 2 weeks later...

As the OP of this thread, I was shocked that no-one had discovered that (without fanfare) Azamara has posted the new LCV loyalty program on the website. Unless I'm missing something, I can't think of anyone who will welcome it initially: 1. No more champagne in the cabin, 2. No more free laundry, 3. No more free internet, 4. No more special parties.

Yes, there is a $199 stateroom category upgrade, but it's on request only and clearly stricty 'capacity controlled', and you can earn 'complimentary nights' onboard. (BTW, I'm not knocking either of those two benefits, they ARE innovative ... BUT, do take the time to read the Terms and Conditions!)

Once again, the new program is out! It won't suit everybody (and they actually say that on the website), it has too many Ts&Cs, it was posted with ZERO fanfare (why, after all this time?), but it is out.

By the way, it doesn't take effect until next year!!! Why??

Oh well.

For anybody who cannot be bothered to put up another webpage

Not sure if good or bad.

To discontinue wine laundry and wifi is just petty and if you take things away that is not an ENHANCEMENT even if it is "bespoke".

If $199 upgrade is from balcony to suite then a good deal but this free night lark is a nightmare.

Presumably it is prorata discount on price but which price?

Brochure

Price you pay or discount on any later price.

Just look at hoo haa re BOGO free and people cancelling rebooking and losing future cruise credits including those given for disruption of cruise that is down to Azamara.

Effective On Voyages Departing On Or After January 1, 2015, Le Club Voyage Members Will Enjoy These New Benefits:

• The support of our new onshore Le Club Voyage Ambassador, Nicole Lukacs. You’ll love Nicole’s enthusiasm and singular focus on enhancing your Le Club Voyage experience.
  • Earn complimentary nights* when you advance to a new member tier, ranging from two nights (Explorer) to ten nights (Discoverer Platinum).
  • Stateroom category upgrades for $199 USD per person*, or $398 USD per stateroom for singles.
  • Quarterly savings of 10% on select voyages.
  • Savings of 3%* to 10%* on open and reserved passage voyages when booking onboard. Plus, a $200 onboard credit for the future voyage when a reserved passage is booked.
  • Priority check-in for Discoverer members and above at select ports.
  • A dedicated onshore Le Club Voyage desk for all your membership inquiries.
  • Ongoing Club communications and social media engagement to keep you connected and in-the-know.
  • And best of all, two new annual Le Club Voyage voyages filled with exclusive events, socializing, and a few wonderful surprises. You’ll love these exciting voyages created with our most loyal guests in mind!

In Addition To Your New Benefits, These Le Club Voyage Benefits Will Continue:

• An onboard Le Club Voyage hostess on every voyage.
  • A welcome Le Club Voyage party on every voyage.
  • An exclusive Le Club Voyage get-together with senior officers and staff for Discoverer members and above at select ports.
  • Savings of 5% when spending $1,000 or more in Fine Jewelry, or 10% when spending $2,000 or more for Discoverer members and above at select ports.
  • Spa savings of 10% to 25% depending on member level.
  • Internet savings, now 30% to 50% based on member level.

What's Being Discontinued?

Our top priority has always been to deliver an extraordinary travel experience. Your Le Club Voyage benefits enhance that experience, and we try to make them meaningful and valuable. And yet it's a balancing act. As we introduce new benefits on voyages departing on or after January 1, 2015, we'll be discontinuing some others:

• Sparkling wine in staterooms upon arrival
  • “Welcome home” gift when advancing to the next tier
  • One bag of free laundry service per seven-night voyage
  • Complimentary wine tasting on voyages of ten nights or more
  • Free Internet service. (Note that while the “free” is going away, we’ll continue to offer Internet savings based on your member level.)

We expect mixed reactions to the discontinued benefits. It wasn't an easy decision, but we believe it's the right long-term decision for our guests and brand. Look at it this way: you'll be earning points toward free nights instead of free laundry or Internet minutes. Plus stateroom upgrades, savings on select voyages, and other new benefits. As a Le Club Voyage member, we never want you to question your value to us...or our desire to create value for you.

Find A Voyage

Talk To An Expert

Call Us Today

1-877-999-9553

A depressing read. Not sure what complementary extra nights is all about? $199 per person upgrades means just assigning unused staterooms but the killer is no free laundry or internet. These were small things but tangible giveaways which psychologically made one feel great about Brand Azamara. My loyalty will be severely stretched now as the Azamara Difference has been compromised!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So, in spite of paying generally more for an Azamara cruise than a Celebrity cruise, the benefits accorded to Le Club Voyage members are considerably less than to Captains Club members.

The 50% discount on shore excursions - gone. :(

Yes, I know the discount on shore excursions wasn't an LCV benefit but it's gone nevertheless.

Free internet - gone. :(

Free laundry - gone. :(

Free sparkling wine - gone. :(

Free wine tasting - gone. :(

That leaves included gratuities and alcohol.

Which one will be next :rolleyes:

Edited by Glenndale

We are agree and have posted a large thumbs down on the other thread. As loyal Azamara cruisers with over 11 sailings, the removal of free internet and free laundry is a big THUMBS DOWN for us. They were two of the benefits that we really used and counted on especially for B2B Cruises.

Another 'own goal', you'd think they were trying to lose customers! We'll soon be in a PAYG regime.

We have been on and booked another, hotel based holiday in Austria, a beautiful country, where service and comfort have been first class, but the cost has been a bout half of what we pay for a typical cruise, which makes it more difficult to justify cruising.

Having said that we are now looking to book a 'more inclusive' voyage with either Seabourn or Regent.

• An onboard Le Club Voyage hostess on every voyage.
  • A welcome Le Club Voyage party on every voyage.
  • An exclusive Le Club Voyage get-together with senior officers and staff for Discoverer members and above at select ports.
  • Savings of 5% when spending $1,000 or more in Fine Jewelry, or 10% when spending $2,000 or more for Discoverer members and above at select ports.
  • Spa savings of 10% to 25% depending on member level.
  • Internet savings, now 30% to 50% based on member level.

What's Being Discontinued?

Our top priority has always been to deliver an extraordinary travel experience. Your Le Club Voyage benefits enhance that experience, and we try to make them meaningful and valuable. And yet it's a balancing act. As we introduce new benefits on voyages departing on or after January 1, 2015, we'll be discontinuing some others:

• Sparkling wine in staterooms upon arrival
  • “Welcome home” gift when advancing to the next tier
  • One bag of free laundry service per seven-night voyage
  • Complimentary wine tasting on voyages of ten nights or more
  • Free Internet service. (Note that while the “free” is going away, we’ll continue to offer Internet savings based on your member level.)

We expect mixed reactions to the discontinued benefits. It wasn't an easy decision, but we believe it's the right long-term decision for our guests and brand. Look at it this way: you'll be earning points toward free nights instead of free laundry or Internet minutes. Plus stateroom upgrades, savings on select voyages, and other new benefits. As a Le Club Voyage member, we never want you to question your value to us...or our desire to create value for you.

*] Earn complimentary nights* when you advance to a new member tier, ranging from two nights (Explorer) to ten nights (Discoverer Platinum).

[*] Stateroom category upgrades for $199 USD per person*, or $398 USD per stateroom for singles.

Has anyone actually done the math or understand when anyone would get a free night? Assume it must be based on per diem, but to be booked within a year makes no sense.

As far as $199 upgrades - There has to be space available to upgrade.

Our last cruise was sold out.

Edited by Jade13

Hi Everyone,

As we have a few threads on this topic, please continue the conversation on either of the following threads :

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2095279

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2095243

This thread is now closed. Thanks for your understanding, and participation.

Edited by Host Andy