What happened to the Le Club Voyage announcement?

Jb-lhr

Azamara acknowledged me as Discoverer + by word [ie; my welcome letters]--if not by deed; as expected from reading this forum, loyalty benefits were identical to those long associated with Discoverer level and, not that it mattered, they were unable to print the new membership levels on SeaPass cards--while aboard Journey in February...

All that Azamara has done--they've hidden behind the fact that their loyalty accounting is tied to Celebrity [i suggested a work-around on this Board months ago; essentially suggesting that a verandah on Azamara be viewed as a Concierge or AquaClass stateroom on Celebrity; it would require some minor recoding at the front-end of their loyalty accounting system without changing the integrity of Celebrity functionality]--is to reduce the cruise point accrual for many... I believed then--and I still believe now--that points accrual for cruises taken during this extended period of inaction be converted via the greater of the scheme Celebrity used when they changed Captain's Club [30 points per cruise credit] or, for suite guests, at the [perhaps; depending upon cruise length] higher rate under the current system... In the interest of equity, that situation significantly magnifies the longer Azamara procrastinates--and I now wonder too if they'll ever do anything; members deserve a long overdue update--in introducing new tier benefits for Le Club Voyage [and for what it's worth, I have a letter from the Marketing Director in Miami--provided in response to disappointment I expressed while aboard--assuring me that a new program would indeed be launched (last month; we read that here too!)]...

Spursgirl kindly referred to the Marketing Gurus in Miami in a recent post... Gurus are pros/experts and--if their field is Marketing--they don't alienate their loyalty base, they don't let stuff like this languish for six months [it's not like they didn't know that the changes at Celebrity were forthcoming more than a year ago], and they don't consistently/publicly overpromise and underdeliver so as to undermine organizational credibility...

It's a shame... And it's shameful...

I have to agree with other posters about the inequity in how points are earned on Celebrity vs Azamara. It is not fair to have reciprocity of status across the two cruise lines when the points earned per dollar spent are so much higher on Celebrity.

The continuing saga of the infamous LCV announcement and the unfairness in earning power does not engender loyalty to Azamara. And, isn't that the point of the program.....

On a positive note, we actually received the elusive welcome home gift for acheiving Discoverer status - dark blue leather luggage tags and passport holders. Very nice.

I have to agree with other posters about the

On a positive note, we actually received the elusive welcome home gift for acheiving Discoverer status - dark blue leather luggage tags and passport holders. Very nice.

How long did that take? I believe you receive that after the first voyage at the new level? Correct?

Having just come back from Journey it's reminded me that whilst it would be nice to have recognition of my Discoverer Plus level or Discoverer Platinum if I get there, in the grand scheme of things it really matters little to me compared to the wonderful onboard experience. Where else can you go where the Captain leaves Sicily an hour earlier so that we can get to do a 1 mile away sail by of Stromboli at night to time with the end of the second show and watch a spectacular show of lava explosions? Regent was in port with us in Sicily and sailed after us. They were in Sorrento the following day before us. They didn't see what we did. No amount of Captain's Club/LCV points can get you that!

Phil

Having just come back from Journey it's reminded me that whilst it would be nice to have recognition of my Discoverer Plus level or Discoverer Platinum if I get there, in the grand scheme of things it really matters little to me compared to the wonderful onboard experience. Where else can you go where the Captain leaves Sicily an hour earlier so that we can get to do a 1 mile away sail by of Stromboli at night to time with the end of the second show and watch a spectacular show of lava explosions? Regent was in port with us in Sicily and sailed after us. They were in Sorrento the following day before us. They didn't see what we did. No amount of Captain's Club/LCV points can get you that!

Phil

Phil, we too love the onboard experience. That's why we sail with Azamara, usually three or four times a year. Our next B2B will be on the Journey in August. Like you, we are Discoverer Plus and know that the new perk will probably be interesting but not critical to our enjoyment of the cruise. HOWEVER, when a corporation announces a new program and then leaves everyone hanging, it not only doesn't inspire confidence in the management, it also annoys the guests. The missteps have added up, as you well know. (Guatamala!) And I think that people who have never sailed on Azamara and are reading this board have to wonder what is wrong with Azamara. I very much want to see Azamara succeed on its own and not be folded into some other operation or disbanded completely. They have to get their act together soon.

Toni

Phil, we too love the onboard experience. That's why we sail with Azamara, usually three or four times a year. Our next B2B will be on the Journey in August. Like you, we are Discoverer Plus and know that the new perk will probably be interesting but not critical to our enjoyment of the cruise. HOWEVER, when a corporation announces a new program and then leaves everyone hanging, it not only doesn't inspire confidence in the management, it also annoys the guests. The missteps have added up, as you well know. (Guatamala!) And I think that people who have never sailed on Azamara and are reading this board have to wonder what is wrong with Azamara. I very much want to see Azamara succeed on its own and not be folded into some other operation or disbanded completely. They have to get their act together soon.

Toni

I agree. They really need to sort themselves out. Latest Guatemala advice I heard anecdotally from a reliable source? There are three formal nights on an Azamara 7 night cruise. It's worrying.

Phil

How long did that take? I believe you receive that after the first voyage at the new level? Correct?

We received the gift within several weeks of achieving Discoverer and returning home (actually, they sent us a duplicate gift a few weeks after the first one arrived). Did not receive gifts when we reached Adventurer or Explorer level.

We received the gift within several weeks of achieving Discoverer and returning home (actually, they sent us a duplicate gift a few weeks after the first one arrived). Did not receive gifts when we reached Adventurer or Explorer level.

You only get a gift when reaching the Discoverer lever. No more gifts after that :-(

On a positive note, we actually received the elusive welcome home gift for achieving Discoverer status - dark blue leather luggage tags and passport holders. Very nice.

So glad to hear that getting your gift wasn't nearly so arduous as it was to get Azamara to recognize your Discoverer status after you'd earned it... What a rigamarole that was!

Best to you and the good doctor... Think of you often...

I agree. They really need to sort themselves out. Latest Guatemala advice I heard anecdotally from a reliable source? There are three formal nights on an Azamara 7 night cruise. It's worrying.

Phil

Hi Phil, glad you had a great cruise. Your comments above even tho anecdotal are truly worrying. We cruise with Azamara for its casual elegance, if they bring this in we will be having second thoughts as it's not what most clients on Azamara want!! What a backward step that would be!! ,

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks Andy, as usual, a great posting. I must agree with everything you say here 100%.

Thank you for your kind comments. It's always appreciated.

Hi Phil, glad you had a great cruise. Your comments above even tho anecdotal are truly worrying. We cruise with Azamara for its casual elegance, if they bring this in we will be having second thoughts as it's not what most clients on Azamara want!! What a backward step that would be!! ,

Don't worry Phil was speaking about the fact that the staff at Guatemala are giving out wrong info not that changes are in the pipeline

Hi Wendy. Yes, as uktog says it was an example of the misinformation being put out there by the Guatemala office. No need for you to worry in Australia though as you don't need to deal with their call centre and formal nights aren't going to come to Azamara any time soon me thinks;)

Phil

As we are sailing on Quest in July we emailed them re the new loyalty levels 'perks'.We got quite a quick response as follows:

Good afternoon. Thank you for your email. At this time we have not yet

made any new amenity announcements for our Discoverer plus and beyond

levels.

Sincerely,

Le Club Voyage Consultant | Azamara Club Cruises

1050 Caribbean Way | Miami, FL 33132

Phone: 877.222.2526 | Fax: 305.982.2470

http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com

As we are sailing on Quest in July we emailed them re the new loyalty levels 'perks'.We got quite a quick response as follows:

Good afternoon. Thank you for your email. At this time we have not yet

made any new amenity announcements for our Discoverer plus and beyond

levels.

Sincerely,

Le Club Voyage Consultant | Azamara Club Cruises

That about "sums it up"!!!???? So what is up???? Who knows???? :eek: LuAnn

We were told that the perks for the new LCV program levels would be announced during the second quarter of 2014.

Guess that means we should have the information in the next 27 days.

Right?:rolleyes:

Edited by tgg

• 2 weeks later...

The additional benefits for the upper levels of the LCV program were supposed to be announced during the second quarter of 2014.

Bonnie, does this mean that we'll hear something in the next two weeks?

• 2 weeks later...
The additional benefits for the upper levels of the LCV program were supposed to be announced during the second quarter of 2014.

Bonnie, does this mean that we'll hear something in the next two weeks?

The second quarter is now over.

Nothing:(

Hello Azamara,

I am the OP of this thread (which was started in December of last year). The last of the promised deadlines have passed. Since December, there have been 3 promises of information about the new program (each with their own deadline). However, nothing has been announced. It is a fact that AZ doesn't HAVE to announce anything ... but then, why promise??? A good adage in business is to 'under promise' and 'over deliver'.

As you know, I am an Azamara 'cheerleader'. It's time to 'step up to the plate'!

John

Bonnie?????

Edited by Jb-lhr

Hello Azamara,

I am the OP of this thread (which was started in December of last year). The last of the promised deadlines have passed. Since December, there have been 3 promises of information about the new program (each with their own deadline). However, nothing has been announced. It is a fact that AZ doesn't HAVE to announce anything ... but then, why promise??? A good adage in business is to 'under promise' and 'over deliver'.

As you know, I am an Azamara 'cheerleader'. It's time to 'step up to the plate'!

John

Bonnie?????

Although Bonnie has been quite helpful on a number of issues, she's been notably silent on this one. Why? Two guesses. First, nobody will tell her anything. Or, second, because it is not good news. Hey, we're grownup. Just let us know where the issue stands.;)

Toni (another cheerleader who is running out of cheer on this issue.)