What happened to the Le Club Voyage announcement?

Jb-lhr

Hi Everyone,

Just received a marketing email from Azamara's Loyalty dept, indeed confirming no differences between Discoverer, Discoverer Plus & Discoverer Platimum.... so unless something changes, that's the deal.

My sincere apologies for getting this one wrong, as I surely expected the information posted on the website was in error or incomplete. I can only presume that's not the case. Sadly, this is beyond puzzling, and makes zero sense. Perhaps Azamara will add new benefits in the future, but I'm not about to make any predictions on that happening. While I have no issues with the program or the benefits, I question why 2 levels were added which seem identical to Discoverer, along the hype surrounding the new levels. At the end of the day, it's all a big yawn.

Very disappointing news, but it doesn't change my faith in the onboard product.

Edited by Host Andy

I just received the same email as Andy. It indicated that I am Discoverer + but, in the space that was supposed to have current points, it was blank.

Like Host Andy, I thought there would be additional perks at the higher levels. What a shock! Whoever is putting this stuff out should be fired. Marketing materials are supposed to build anticipation - and then deliver on the implied promise. I guess this is just one more example of the ineptitude of Azamara marketing execution. Very sad yet again.

I just received the same email as Andy. It indicated that I am Discoverer + but, in the space that was supposed to have current points, it was blank.

Like Host Andy, I thought there would be additional perks at the higher levels. What a shock! Whoever is putting this stuff out should be fired. Marketing materials are supposed to build anticipation - and then deliver on the implied promise. I guess this is just one more example of the ineptitude of Azamara marketing execution. Very sad yet again.

Hi Tgg,

My email also stated Discover Plus. Like your email, the box containing my new point balance was blank. It's not about the benefits... it's about the lack of creativity, preparation, and execution.

I'm never at a loss for words, but I'm truly speechless.

Totally dumb beyond belief and makes a mockery of all this wait for an announcement line that was spun to us by their representative on these boards. The bottom line is if you are in a seven night cruise you have far fewer benefits than before and your earning capacity is higher on a celebrity concierge or Aquaclass room that costs less than 50% of the cost.

It's not the benefits it's the way it's been delivered or not that gets me. I believe your thoughts previously Andy were totally rational it's the corporate thinking of others that is irrational.

PS no emails here by the way

PPS. I've just logged in on line, it shows my level for Le Club Voyage as Elite Plus, so it looks like they do not even recognise their own terminology of Discover Plus. It refers to me as an Elite Le Club Voyage member in the next sentence, what a mess!!!! :mad:

Edited by uktog

If you look carefully, Discoverer Plus has at least one fewer benefit than the Discoverer, the welcome home gift. Also, as others indicate, I have sailed Azamara, but show no points. The only advantage of Discoverer Plus over Explorer appears to be some meaningless discounts.

My points are also blank. What a shame they have blown this announcement on so many different levels. And yes - each member used to receive a bag of laundry…..it was not per stateroom.

I am very frustrated with Azamara's management team. We are leaving on what will possibly be our last Azamara cruise in two weeks.

Dh received an email this afternoon with his new Discoverer Plus designation. The email showed no points. I didn't receive an email, so I called Azamara. Of course I am now Discoverer Plus too (all our cruises have been together). The rep said that our points are the same points we have with Celebrity Captain's Club and that points for our upcoming (starting next week) b2b2b on Celebrity Century will be added to our Le Club Voyage points.

She also said that they are working on the benefits now and the benefits will be changing with additions for the new levels.

So it sounds like they are not through with their changes yet.

Kathy

Dh received an email this afternoon with his new Discoverer Plus designation. The email showed no points. I didn't receive an email, so I called Azamara. Of course I am now Discoverer Plus too (all our cruises have been together). The rep said that our points are the same points we have with Celebrity Captain's Club and that points for our upcoming (starting next week) b2b2b on Celebrity Century will be added to our Le Club Voyage points.

She also said that they are working on the benefits now and the benefits will be changing with additions for the new levels.

So it sounds like they are not through with their changes yet.

Kathy

Thanks Kathy. So maybe I'm not wrong yet LOL.... but then why make today's blast email annoucement, if there's more to come ? Very odd.

Edited by Host Andy

Email today was not a class act. It leaves a lot to be desired. If Azamara is supposed to be more luxurious than Celebrity, it does not give an upscale appearance in its email presentation of the new loyalty plan. I expected a better presentation. It looks like a poorly thought out plan. If they wanted to be in line with Celebrity, use the same point plan....and let everyone over 300 points be at top level. This top 3 level with same benefits looks like somebody has no idea what to do. I like Azamara and enjoy the benefits. On Celebrity, each person gets a set of coupons. Nothing is per cabin. It is possible that 2 people traveling together are not at the same level. Each discover whatever deserves a separate bag of laundry per week. Suggestion to consider... The longer the cruise allow more free internet minutes. I get 235 minutes on any length cruise. How about more minutes on longer cruises. My next cruise is 14 nights. Discoverer would enjoy a complimentary specialty dining, excursion, or spa session.

We each got an email today. The benefits of Discoverer and the two levels above are identical. That doesn't seem right.

Have a look at post 20 on this thread from AzamaraJoel and subsequent responses to it from a number of people including me. This has already been discussed and is part of the crux of the issue, regardless of when the official communication goes out (I haven't received anything about this yet).

Phil

Andy, I do hope that your optimism is correct but with the dismissive disdain expressed to the (then) existing Azamara faithful expressed by Mr Pimentel in his Q&A last year, I am not so optimistic.

Like you, I sadly miss Bill - he would have got an answer for us on this and other issues, but it was a shame that so much of his time was taken up by trying to find out what was truly happening and not being communicated and in sorting out the mess that Head Office create.

It is a real shame to the memory of what Bill was doing for us that the Head Office cock ups and misinformation continue, which so much in contrast to what the wonderful staff on Quest and Journey do for us.

So my lack of optimism was not unfounded.

No email here - agree with Uktog, feeling very marginalised.

I'm looking forward to our July cruise on Quest but becoming more and more disenchanted (if I ever was enchanted) by the very top management of Azamara - they are relying on the great onboard experience to win people over but if they keep p*****g people off.....

No email here - agree with Uktog, feeling very marginalised.

I haven't received an e-mail either, so perhaps the marginalization is of those of British heritage as well. :)

In this case, though, perhaps it was best not to receive it.

They make no sense. Nothing changes after discoverer for the two new levels. The Explorer level has a private get together with senior staff but the upper tiers just have the brunch. So the only new thing I see Is Explorer gets an exclusive event apart from everyone else. Oh yes and only 1 laundry per stateroom, not person.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by Jtd724

The only emails I've had are acknowledgements for payments of land tours.

As long as we keep our internet allowance per person I'm happy, I'll just have to stuff the laundry bag extra full :)

Is it only 1 bag of laundry per cruise or does it depend on the number of days?

Since my topic got cutoff guess I'll repeat myself.

I got an email today from AZ detailing the changes to Le Club. The 2 new levels show nothing different from Discoverer level at all. Explorer gets an exclusive party with senior staff, upper tier and lower are not invited. Also the laundry is now per stateroom, not per person. This was sent to me in an email and not on the website.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I haven't received an e-mail either, so perhaps the marginalization is of those of British heritage as well. :)

In this case, though, perhaps it was best not to receive it.

No e-mail here, either, and it's not like they don't have my address! Moot point however as all the best (and only, it seems) info is here on CC.

Let me mention again that I was on the Quest last month and asked two people, who should know, when the changes to the program would happen. Both said April 1. Both these people have been reliable sources of information in the past. Let's hope that they're right and that there's more to the new program than has been announced. I won't, of course, be holding my breath. I'm happy with two bags of laundry and lots of internet minutes. Anything else is gravy. And who doesn't like a little gravy?;)