What happened to the Le Club Voyage announcement?

Jb-lhr

Andy

I am dreaming very big here... I l get a spa discount on certain massages but. It on hair or nails or toes.? My dream is a bigger discount and would live it in the spa but since Steiner owns it ..s big dream.

Will be on Quest tomorrow afternoon. So any real facts will get posted asap

Apparently Steiner is on their way out.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1959394&highlight=steiner

Edited by Jade13

Hi Robin,

As you are well aware, Azamara is more inclusive than the mainstream lines. I suspect the list of amenities for the 2 new levels may not be nearly as exciting as what Celebrity now offers to Zenith members. As to what Azamara can offer ? Additional Internet minutes, Discounts or perhaps a complimentary specialty dining voucher (for those not in Suites) and improved laundry benefits come to mind.... of course, they might get very creative, but that remains to be seen. !

Or, they are debating whether to take internet minutes away at the lower levels and copy Celebrity. Hopefully not.

Azamara includes many things that cost extra on Celebrity.There are still many ways to reward the loyal guests. Perhaps, Discover+ could include better discounts on spa, excursions, and future bookings? Phone service or unlimited internet? Luggage valet? Free air? Transfers? No fee specialty dining? Luxury bath products? Unlimited laundry would be fantastic. I bought unlimited same day laundry for a cruise on another line. Best thing that I ever bought. Clothes were washed and pressed.....including the last day of the cruise. I came home with a suitcase full of clean clothes. Ready for my next cruise.

It will be very interesting to see what the benefits are for Discoverer Platinum:)

Considering the wonderful benefits on Celebrity as a minimum Azamara should offer:

1600+ minutes of free internet

Unlimited free laundry, dry cleaning and pressing

Free beverage package upgrade

Unlimited free specialty dining

Even with all of those benefits, the suite guest are still not getting the upgrades they would on Celebrity:confused:

I do not expect Azamara to necessarily match the benefits from Celebrity as they are a very different onboard experience and include a lot already. I do expect to see some vertical differentiation between the various levels and we might even see some category upgrades appearing as part of the process. But the two do not match at present and this does not seem to have bothered Azamara guests - before Azamara went more inclusive, there was not a drinks night every night. In my mind this was offset by the fact that the laundry perk was far superior in terms of the way items were returned and the more generous internet minutes we enjoyed.

I think Azamara realise they do not have perk chasers to the same extent as Celebrity has been boxed into, but I am sure they also know they need to offer some change to the programme to reflect the fact that the Celebrity programme has been refreshed.

I am so weary with Azamara. Whenever I try to log on to the website I get this message:

"Thank you for your interest in Le Club Voyage. We are unable to handle your request at this time. Please try again later.

For telephone numbers and hours of operation of the loyalty desk, please click here."

They do not recognize our Captain's Club numbers from Celebrity. I have not been able to successfully register at all; I booked a cruise with Azamara over 4 months ago and have not received one email (even though I signed up for email). Nor have I received one physical piece or evidence or web-based piece of evidence that we exist.

I just got an enticing Oceania catalogue for 2015 voyages and guess what? I am going with Oceania again in 2015. I am not waiting to sample Azamara. I feel as if I do not exist when it comes to Azamara.

Now I've got lots of Celebrity credits. How can I use them with Azamara if the web site denies my existence and if everyone asks me not to telephone them?

I am so weary with Azamara. Whenever I try to log on to the website I get this message:

"Thank you for your interest in Le Club Voyage. We are unable to handle your request at this time. Please try again later.

For telephone numbers and hours of operation of the loyalty desk, please click here."

They do not recognize our Captain's Club numbers from Celebrity. I have not been able to successfully register at all; I booked a cruise with Azamara over 4 months ago and have not received one email (even though I signed up for email). Nor have I received one physical piece or evidence or web-based piece of evidence that we exist.

I just got an enticing Oceania catalogue for 2015 voyages and guess what? I am going with Oceania again in 2015. I am not waiting to sample Azamara. I feel as if I do not exist when it comes to Azamara.

Now I've got lots of Celebrity credits. How can I use them with Azamara if the web site denies my existence and if everyone asks me not to telephone them?

I feel your pain. The Azamara web site, to use the kids' phrase is a "hot mess".

This is my first experience with Azamara as well. My travel agent gave them our Captains Club numbers. They didn't show up anywhere so after being locked out of my reservation for over 3 weeks, I went in and redid our profiles and put the numbers in there. Have you tried to do the profiles on the on line check in?

The Captains Club numbers are on our invoice. If yours aren't showing up there, call either your travel agent or Azamara.

I have not received a single email from Azamara, either. I was expecting to get an email telling me my documents were ready,but I had to rely on the kindness of the folks on the Azamara board to inform me of how to find them.

I have not had a good experience with Azamara's shore-side operation, but everyone keeps assuring me that I'll love the on board experience, so I'm hanging on.

I feel it's important to give them the chance.

• 2 weeks later...
Has anybody received an email from Azamara regarding their LCV status?

The same thought occurred to me last evening...

Since we're sailing in just over two weeks, it would be safe to say that we have every reason to be more than annoyed! Absolutely unacceptable from many perspectives!

With a request for update... Can't say I spoke with a Le Club Voyage Rep as I learned that there is no dedicated LCV staff despite the fact that I followed Azamara's invitation--as listed on their website--to "call us on this special line created exclusively for our most loyal guests"... I suspected as much when I reached their Interactive Voice Response system and there was no prompt to speak with an LCV representative; the person who did answer--after a bit of a wait--confirmed my suspicions...

The rep who did take my call was most professional but had no information that we didn't get on this forum weeks ago and stated that the 15 January date for communication--she was aware of it--was merely a target and that she could not predict when fulfillment might occur... I reiterated my points of inquiry [as well as others expressed here; I was clear that I've been following the related discussion on Cruise Critic] and again respectfully expressed my displeasure with the manner--from content to communication to timing--the whole matter has been handled [or not handled] by Azamara...

I was invited to send an e-mail to Azamara to express my concerns but, with my departure for Asia now ten days away and my first boarding of Journey on 3 February, declined to do so... I have better ways to spend my time right now and instead asked that someone with in-depth knowledge and meaningful accountability for Le Club Voyage phone me promptly...

Sadly, I have little expectation of a written communication or a return call before my trip commences... Handling of this whole issue tells me much... Though always addressed politely by line-staff for whom I have some sympathy [i wouldn't want to be placed in similar position], arrogance and indifference are at the core of leadership response... Extremely disappointing and certainly not befitting the image Azamara seemingly wants [or should want] to convey...

I have also talked to the Azamara "special phone number" and have found them to have no direction from management other than be nice and say little. We will be on the Quest on 1/29 and do not expect any additional perks from being a Discoverer Plus and Elite Plus cruiser. I did not book this cruise for additional benefits but it would be nice.

With a request for update... Can't say I spoke with a Le Club Voyage Rep as I learned that there is no dedicated LCV staff despite the fact that I followed Azamara's invitation--as listed on their website--to "call us on this special line created exclusively for our most loyal guests"... I suspected as much when I reached their Interactive Voice Response system and there was no prompt to speak with an LCV representative; the person who did answer--after a bit of a wait--confirmed my suspicions...

The rep who did take my call was most professional but had no information that we didn't get on this forum weeks ago and stated that the 15 January date for communication--she was aware of it--was merely a target and that she could not predict when fulfillment might occur... I reiterated my points of inquiry [as well as others expressed here; I was clear that I've been following the related discussion on Cruise Critic] and again respectfully expressed my displeasure with the manner--from content to communication to timing--the whole matter has been handled [or not handled] by Azamara...

I was invited to send an e-mail to Azamara to express my concerns but, with my departure for Asia now ten days away and my first boarding of Journey on 3 February, declined to do so... I have better ways to spend my time right now and instead asked that someone with in-depth knowledge and meaningful accountability for Le Club Voyage phone me promptly...

Sadly, I have little expectation of a written communication or a return call before my trip commences... Handling of this whole issue tells me much... Though always addressed politely by line-staff for whom I have some sympathy [i wouldn't want to be placed in similar position], arrogance and indifference are at the core of leadership response... Extremely disappointing and certainly not befitting the image Azamara seemingly wants [or should want] to convey...

I have also talked to the Azamara "special phone number" and have found them to have no direction from management other than be nice and say little. We will be on the Quest on 1/29 and do not expect any additional perks from being a Discoverer Plus and Elite Plus cruiser. I did not book this cruise for additional benefits but it would be nice.

I talked to that phone number and they told me that I'd get credit for the cruise but no loyalty benefits. I called my TA and he checked on it and told me it was absolutely untrue.

I am Diamond on RCI and Elite on Celebrity. I'm going to make copies of my status from both web sites before I leave.

I talked to that phone number and they told me that I'd get credit for the cruise but no loyalty benefits. I called my TA and he checked on it and told me it was absolutely untrue.

I am Diamond on RCI and Elite on Celebrity. I'm going to make copies of my status from both web sites before I leave.

Hi Janet,

I realize that changes are happening at some point... but you should receive Discoverer level benefits onboard Azamara ships. The key is to make sure that your Celebrity Captains Club number is associated with your Azamara booking - that should take care of it.

BTW, here's a link to Azamara's website, which confirms the above : http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/club-azamara/le-club-voyage/terms-conditions

I hope this is helpful !

Edited by Host Andy

The Azamara Rep with whom I spoke yesterday in search of an update [my post #85 above] called last evening... She could offer no firm date at which the promised--but now overdue--LCV communication will go out but I did appreciate her related attempt to get an answer and her kind follow-up...

I was told when on-board in July that we would find out about the new loyalty program in November. Then we were told there would be an announcement in mid-December. And most recently we were advised by AzamaraJoel that you will receive an email in your inbox in mid-January with the information regarding the changes in point structure, new levels and benefits to the program. And now, Xport has been told that there is no firm date at which the promised--but now overdue--LCV communication will go out .

HUH? Azamara, please do not say you are going to do something and then not do it.

Will I receive the promised email before I leave on January 30th for my February 3rd b2b cruise? If not, can you at least confirm that the threshold level to achieve Discover Membership is 310 points and not a typo as suggested by other posters? BTW my e mail address is ldellert @ hotmail . com.

In the grand scheme of things, the loyalty program is not that major in our decision making. However, the frustration generated by the way in which the launch (or I should say, partial launch) of the new program has been managed is a factor.

We are seriously thinking of heading over to Celebrity in an Aquaclass suite for our next few cruises (especially now that Steiner has been given the boot). The on-board experience may not be the same but our dollars will go further and we will earn way more loyalty points per dollar spent. Once we have reached Elite/Discover Plus we may return to Azamara, provided, of course, that the new benefits have been unveiled by then and make it worth our while....

Hi Janet,

I realize that changes are happening at some point... but you should receive Discoverer level benefits onboard Azamara ships. The key is to make sure that your Celebrity Captains Club number is associated with your Azamara booking - that should take care of it.

BTW, here's a link to Azamara's website, which confirms the above : http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/club-azamara/le-club-voyage/terms-conditions

I hope this is helpful !

Thanks. My Captains Club number is on my reservation invoice. I printed screen prints of my Diamond and Elite pages.

We were Discoverer Level for our first cruise on Azamara because of our status on RCI and Celebrity. Our TA made sure Azamara had the information to insure we were Discoverer...thus our TA spent hours on the phone with Azamara.

We enjoyed the brunch and the free internet benefits.

To me a cruise begins from the moment you surf the web page for a cruise until you debark the ship. Azamara is losing a lot of future passengers before they ever board the ship.

Whilst I think Azamara should perhaps have had their offering sooner I cannot get worked up about it ahead of my upcoming cruise - life is to short for that for me.

I know from the information given by the dear late Bill how the levels equate so I will be Discoverer Plus - so in theory I should get something extra over and above what is already published for Discoverers but I care not what that is.

Indeed I would be happy if it were left to the ships discretion depending on what part of the world I was in or the length of the cruise etc. perhaps just now they are testing various extras on guests and evaluating their feedback - I would be very pleased to hear such evaluation is taking place.

Personally, I'll not be phoning up as I know they won't have the answer and I am more likely to hear it first on these pages

We're just back from a cruise on the Journey and I knew that this cruise would put us in the next level so I called Azamara to confirm and feel that no one knows exactly what is going on or how credit/points are calculated.

If I am to believe what one representative told me, instead of moving up to the next level as we should under the existing program, I would need so many points as to not be fair. :(

One representative told me that the conversion would be based on length of cruise and cabin level. A verandah would be 3 points per day x days. This calculation for me would not be very fair. :mad:

If as another representative told me, one old credit would equal 30 points then this would be fair.

We cruise a lot, never have on Celebrity as the ships are too big, but have accumulated in total with all cruise lines (sea & land) 555 nights so it would be very nice if Azamara told us exactly what is going on with Le Voyager Club via mail and on the website before we booked another cruise.

On the website, one should also be able to see the dates of cruises, length of cruise, nights, and level as one can see on the Regent Seven Seas website.

We love Azamara! The size of the ships, the itineraries, on board experience and more.

We were Discoverer Level for our first cruise on Azamara because of our status on RCI and Celebrity. Our TA made sure Azamara had the information to insure we were Discoverer...thus our TA spent hours on the phone with Azamara.

We enjoyed the brunch and the free internet benefits.

To me a cruise begins from the moment you surf the web page for a cruise until you debark the ship. Azamara is losing a lot of future passengers before they ever board the ship.

I did speak to my TA and he assured me that I would receive the benefits. He made sure that Azamara got our captain's club numbers. They are on my invoice, that's why I don't understand that person saying I wouldn't get them.

Hi everyone,

We are very sorry for the delay in the Le Club Voyage email. We had intended to send it out on January 15th, but instead we will be sending it out on January 31st. We know that our communications are not up to our standards, or yours. Again, we are very sorry for the delay.

Thank you again for all your comments and feedback, we do appreciate it.

Thank you,

Signe Bjorndal

Director of Global Marketing

Azamara Club Cruises

Hi everyone,

We are very sorry for the delay in the Le Club Voyage email. We had intended to send it out on January 15th, but instead we will be sending it out on January 31st. We know that our communications are not up to our standards, or yours. Again, we are very sorry for the delay.

Thank you again for all your comments and feedback, we do appreciate it.

Thank you,

Signe Bjorndal

Director of Global Marketing

Azamara Club Cruises

Thank you for your communication.

I await the news at the end of the month with interest.

It would be a very considerate gesture if Azamara were to orchestrate an onboard briefing by the LCV Representative for those who will be aboard coincident with the communication or who--like me; there are others who have weighed in on this thread in similar situation; most, if not all of us, will already have arrived in Asia--will be boarding on the next subsequent sailing...

I too await the news at the end of the month with significant interest...

It would be a very considerate gesture if Azamara were to orchestrate an onboard briefing by the LCV Representative for those who will be aboard coincident with the communication or who--like me; there are others who have weighed in on this thread in similar situation; most, if not all of us, will already have arrived in Asia--will be boarding on the next subsequent sailing...

I too await the news at the end of the month with significant interest...

That is a good idea. We will be in the air on Jan 31st enroute to Singapore.